Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting

Discus and support Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've set the Xbox to output team audio chat to both the TV and the headset. As of Delta 220812 Xbox ignores the setting and only outputs to the headset... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Human-Photograph-428, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting

I've set the Xbox to output team audio chat to both the TV and the headset. As of Delta 220812 Xbox ignores the setting and only outputs to the headset

submitted by /u/Human-Photograph-428
    [link] [comments]

/u/Human-Photograph-428, Aug 21, 2022
  2. DeniqL Win User

is there a way to record discord audio via xbox series x?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

There is no setting to record Discord voice chat. As Discord voice channel audio can’t be broadcasted through Xbox live streaming either
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Xbox game sounds

Thank you for the clarification.

Do you have the sound configured in the Xbox to go to speakers or to Headset?

You can check by going to System > Settings > General > Volume & audio output. From there you'll be able to check output and chat mixer. See if any of those settings might be preventing audio from coming through the headset.

Also, try opening your Xbox menu by pressing the home button on your controller, then clicking "audio". There should be a volume bar for game vs voice chat below the regular audio bar. Moving this bar to the right makes the game louder and voice chat quieter, moving it to the left makes voice chat louder and the game quieter.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Constant stuttering and voice not being picked up properly on Series X

Hello RicoRuby,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing voice chat issues with your Xbox Party and Discord integration. This can be frustrating when you want to communicate with your friends.

There are a few possible causes and solutions for this problem. Please try the following steps and see if they resolve your issue:

- Check your network connection and NAT type. A poor or unstable network connection can cause voice chat problems. To check your network connection and NAT type, press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings. You can also run a detailed network statistics test from this menu. Ideally, you want to have an Open NAT type for the best voice chat experience.

- Check your party audio settings in Xbox Game Bar. Press Windows logo key + G to open Xbox Game Bar and make sure you are in a party. Then, select the Party options … button and choose Party audio. Here, you can adjust the party volume, select your audio input and output devices, and enable or disable push to talk.

- Check your privacy settings on Xbox.com. Sign in to Xbox.com and then select Account manager (it’s your gamerpic in the upper-right corner). Select More options … > Xbox settings > Privacy & online safety. In the Privacy tab, make sure Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites is set to Everyone, and then select Submit to save your changes.

- Check your Discord voice settings. If you are using Discord with Xbox, make sure you have selected the correct input and output devices in Discord's voice settings. You can also try changing the server region or disabling any audio enhancements or noise suppression features.

Please see: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

How to use Discord with Xbox | Xbox Support

General Voice troubleshooting for Discord can be found on the following link:

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001310031

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045138471-Discord-Voice-and-Video-Troubleshooting-Guide

If non of the solutions help, please raise a ticket with Discord Support Team.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. DominumStige Win User

Headset OK but not working on Xbox One S

Hi!

It seems a problem with audio output. Check the audio settings, go to: "Settings"->"Volume"->"Party Chat Output" and select "Headset".
  6. SandM1tch Win User

Is there an in game A / V recorder box that does not require a pc/laptop

It will only record in-game chat if you set sound output to BOTH the connected headset and TV speakers (Xbox Guide>Preferences>Voice) and are using an audio connection that also passes through the Avermedia capture device. For example, HDMI from the Xbox
    360 to your capture device will capture voice with it set to BOTH since HDMI carries audio and video. Red and White RCA cables to the capture device will also capture ingame chat.

-

So basically, if you do not want this, only choose output to Headset. Not TV speakers or Both.
Thema:

Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting

1. Discord voice chat ignores team chat audio output setting - Similar Threads - Discord voice chat

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. Discord voice chat cutting mic out?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat cutting mic out?: Anyone else having the issue or know the fix for series x/s discord voice auto muting mid sentences? Swapping to the mobile app no issues but on all 5 series X and s consoles I have, discord voice...
  4. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  5. Connecting Discord for Voice Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting Discord for Voice Chat: I don’t know if I’ve put it under the right category and I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble connecting my discord account to my xbox so that I can stream games...
  6. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  7. I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link": Exactly what the Title says. It's not letting me Access any Discord Server on Xbox so i can chat to my Friends and whenever i try to transfer Voice via Discord's App, it denies it. I have...
  8. PC and Xbox Discord voice chat issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC and Xbox Discord voice chat issues: My friend is on pc and I am on xbox, when we join a voice channel together in a server, I can hear her but she cant hear me. Any fixes on this issue? 810c2dc1-b863-480f-ab06-f05fde2200cd
  9. No option for Streaming on Discord Voice Chat

in XboX Insiders
    No option for Streaming on Discord Voice Chat: I joined the Xbox Insider Hub pretty recently, and can't stream games to Discord Channel at all. I am a Discord Nitro subscriber as well, and the option won't come up. I cannot seem to find a fix...
  10. Splitscreen Discord Voice Chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Splitscreen Discord Voice Chat?: I've been trying to play Minecraft with my friend on PS5, sadly there is no native voice chat function in game, so we are using Discord. My girlfriend and I usually play splitscreen, but for some...