Discord (or xbox/microsoft) keeps giving me an error when I try to connect

Discus and support Discord (or xbox/microsoft) keeps giving me an error when I try to connect in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says... I cant get my discord to connect to my Xbox account. I looked at a lot of articles, but none of them worked... One Reddit thread... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Potatzz, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Potatzz
    Potatzz Guest

As the title says... I cant get my discord to connect to my Xbox account. I looked at a lot of articles, but none of them worked... One Reddit thread did say that I could try to connect from the Microsoft website (i think). I tried, but couldn't find any connection section on the website or on my profile/settings page. If this helps i can tell you what I do each time to connect. Also here is a screenshot of my error, it isn't really an error message though, and more of a "this didn't work" message.

Discord (or xbox/microsoft) keeps giving me an error when I try to connect [​IMG]

:)

Potatzz, Mar 10, 2023
  2. Potatzz Win User

Hi...

I think I looked at that post, and looked at the one by XBF - Tali but couldn't find the linked accounts section. It could be I'm using the wrong app, although I'm pretty sure I am using the right one. I did submit a request to the discord support page and am currently waiting for a response.
  3. Potatzz Win User

Hi again!

I tried with a different discord account and I got the same issue. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to make a new Xbox account. I'm guessing it might be something with my Xbox account...?
  4. Potatzz Win User

Hi,

Sorry for a late response! I've been waiting for the discord people to reply. I've gotten a few responses but so far they haven't helped and have just been the same advice from you.
  5. Sun Khou Win User

Hi Potatzz,

Oh sorry the one that I gave you might be applicable only for users who are using Discord using a PC.

And as you mentioned that you have already tried to Contact Discord support about this problem. Is actually a great decision from your end.

Since the only option that was given from this helpful article: Link your social network accounts to Xbox | Xbox Support

Was to Visit or contact the support website for the social network you’re trying to link. And this specific option was provided if you are having trouble linking your account on a specific Social network platform like Discord.

It is best to wait for their response about this issue. As they might already have a specific solution to your current concern.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Potatzz Win User

Hi!

Sorry I'm not responding as soon, I've had a bunch of stuff to do...

Yes, I am using a computer to connect the accounts. I have an Xbox, but I dont know how to install Discord onto it.
Thema:

1. Discord (or xbox/microsoft) keeps giving me an error when I try to connect - Similar Threads - Discord microsoft keeps

2. Robloxia Discord(My discord)All Robloxians is Welcome

in XboX Insiders
    Robloxia Discord(My discord)All Robloxians is Welcome: https://discord.com/channels/1230963647531057314/1230963647531057316 submitted by /u/Dependent-City3266 [link] [comments]
  3. Robloxia Discord(My discord)All Robloxians is Welcome

in XboX Insiders
    Robloxia Discord(My discord)All Robloxians is Welcome: https://discord.com/channels/1230963647531057314/1230963647531057316 submitted by /u/Dependent-City3266 [link] [comments]
  4. Robloxia Discord(My discord)All Robloxians is Welcome

in XboX Insiders
  5. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  6. Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on console crashing on Discord calls.: I used to use Microsoft Edge on Xbox to be able to watch my friends streams on Discord, as the Xbox support for Discord still only includes voice calls and doesn't support streaming yet. However,...
  7. Each time I try to reconnect my Microsoft to my Discord. It keeps giving me an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Each time I try to reconnect my Microsoft to my Discord. It keeps giving me an error....: I keep getting an error when I try to link my Microsoft account to my Discord account and I'm genuinely not having a good day. So if someone can help me with this then I'd appreciate it....
  8. Xbox Discord Microsoft Edge Microphone Access Denied

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Discord Microsoft Edge Microphone Access Denied: Essentially whether i enter a discord call through xbox or mircosoft edge on xbox the mic will stay muted. Clicking the unmute button will prompt "microphone access denied" which is determined to...
  9. I cannot reedem my Discord Nitro from Microsoft Store

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot reedem my Discord Nitro from Microsoft Store: Hello, there is discord nitro in the store right now and i cant reedem that, it say's that i need to buy Game pass Ultimate to be able to get that. The problem is that i already own Game pass...
  10. Discord/ Microsoft Ambassadors Shadow Banning And permanent Illegal Banning

in XBoX Accessibility
    Discord/ Microsoft Ambassadors Shadow Banning And permanent Illegal Banning: I was just Shadow banned from Microsoft Ambassador Program because I posted a link to your EA Play website free tickets on the Microsoft Discord App . A person messaged that works for Discord App...