Discord connection - unable to unlink and delink Xbox and Discord accounts

Discus and support Discord connection - unable to unlink and delink Xbox and Discord accounts in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; EDIT: title should say "unlink and RElink: I’ve had my Xbox and Discord accounts linked since the initial integration. I am in the preview alpha and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Terrence_McDougleton, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Discord connection - unable to unlink and delink Xbox and Discord accounts

EDIT: title should say "unlink and RElink:

I’ve had my Xbox and Discord accounts linked since the initial integration.

I am in the preview alpha and I do have the link in the Party and Chat tab on Xbox to connect to Discord.

When I scanned the QR code on my phone and went through the steps to link my Xbox and Discord accounts, it failed. Then I realized that I probably needed to unlink them first.

However when I go into the Discord app on iOS or PC, first of all I see two separate identical entries for Xbox connection, and second whenever I click the X on either of them and press “disconnect“, it doesn’t do anything. It pops up with the “are you sure you want to disconnect?” type of confirmation, and when I click that nothing happens. Both Xbox entries stay there.

Also this is what both connections look like on discord. I don’t know what that beta message means. https://i.imgur.com/q4SOKMJ.jpg

Any ideas what I can do from this point?

submitted by /u/Terrence_McDougleton
    [link] [comments]

/u/Terrence_McDougleton, Jul 24, 2022
  2. PandalordAH Win User

How do I connect discord and xbox

Enter the "Discord Connections" options and unlink the Xbox account..
    Where do I find options in discord connections?
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Wrong xbox account is linked to my discord account

Hello Ethan Appleby,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble linking your Xbox account to your Discord account. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Start by unlinking your Xbox from Discord in the Xbox settings. Next, log in to Discord on another device, such as your phone, and unlink the Xbox account from your Discord connections as well.

• Unlink your Discord account from both Xbox accounts (Ac1 and Ac2).
    • Log out of Discord on all devices.
    • Once you've unlinked from both the Xbox settings and Discord connections, try linking them again.
    2. Log in to Discord on the device you want to use to link your Xbox account.

3. Link your Xbox account (Ac1) to your Discord account.

4. If the wrong Xbox account (Ac2) is still linked to your Discord account, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then repeat steps 2 and 3.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. dalton woodward Win User

Xbox Series X - Voice Chat over discord has White Noise / Digital Artifacts

Hello again,

There is not an option to uninstall discord from the Xbox Series X. Discord does not show up as an app, as it is integrated directly into the party chat functionality. Are you suggesting that I unlink the discord account?

Thanks
  5. CarTzy Win User

Xbox keeps asking me to relink discord

Hello Colby,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with linking your Discord account to your Xbox. Please try the following steps to fix the problem:

1. On your Xbox, go to Settings > Account > Linked social accounts and unlink your Discord account.

2. On your PC or mobile device, open the Discord app and go to User Settings > Connections and disconnect your Xbox account.

3. Restart both your Xbox and your Discord app.

4. On your Xbox, go to Settings > Account > Linked social accounts and link your Discord account again. You should receive a code on your screen.

5. On your PC or mobile device, open the Discord app and go to User Settings > Connections and connect your Xbox account. Enter the code that you received on your Xbox.

6. On your Xbox, launch the Discord app and try to join a server.

Please see: How to use Discord with Xbox | Xbox Support

Discord and Xbox connection FAQ

Discord status

Discord Bugs

Contact Discord support

If these steps do not work, please let us know and we will assist you further. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

It says I need to relink my discord after I've done it multiple times

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Aspects that you should take into account:
    You cannot mix Discord friends with Xbox friends. A Discord voice channel will contain your Discord friends, while an Xbox group chat will contain your Xbox friends.

Discord voice channel audio cannot be transmitted via Twitch streaming.
    Discord is not available in all countries or regions.
    Initial tasks

To add Discord to your Xbox, you'll first need to link your Xbox and Discord accounts in one of the following ways.
    Note You will only be asked to link the first time, unless you unlink your Discord and Xbox accounts. If you previously linked your Xbox and Discord accounts before August 2022, you may need to link your accounts again to access this feature.

For more information on linking to social media accounts, go to:

Link your social media accounts to Xbox
    Select your avatar > Connections.
    Select Add and under Add new connection, select Xbox.
    Select Continue, then follow the instructions to sign in to your Microsoft account.
    Select Authorize to connect your Xbox and Discord accounts. When you're done, your accounts will be linked.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/parties-chat/using-discord-with-xbox

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
Thema:

Discord connection - unable to unlink and delink Xbox and Discord accounts

1. Discord connection - unable to unlink and delink Xbox and Discord accounts - Similar Threads - Discord connection unable

2. Can’t connect discord to Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t connect discord to Xbox: [img] I turned 13 and I tried to link my Xbox and discord account But It showed these errors. How could I fix this. I’m part of a family on Xbox, I have a under 18 discord account and both my...
  3. Connecting Discord for Voice Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting Discord for Voice Chat: I don’t know if I’ve put it under the right category and I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble connecting my discord account to my xbox so that I can stream games...
  4. Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.: So I’m tying to talk with my friend and stuff and randomly when I try to join my Xbox is unable to connect to the discord voice channel. I tried restarting my WiFi and unplugging my Xbox and all...
  5. It won’t let me connect my discord to my Xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    It won’t let me connect my discord to my Xbox account.: Hey I need some help with the issue stated above. I have tried linking my account in every way possible. Every time I sign into discord it just puts me back into the sign in page. I get to the...
  6. The discord x xbox call connection is broken again

in XboX Insiders
    The discord x xbox call connection is broken again: I tured connecting to a call through my xbox to play with buddies and its saying i need to link my account again submitted by /u/Surgo__Sergal [link] [comments]
  7. How do I connect discord and xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I connect discord and xbox: How do I connect discord and xbox. I have followed all the steps for connecting accounts but It does not work on the final step for discord when I press "authorize and continue" it works for a...
  8. How do I connect discord and xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I connect discord and xbox: I have followed all the steps for connecting accounts but It does not work on the final step for discord when I press "authorize and continue" it works for a second, I can see it in the background...
  9. When I connect my discord to my Xbox it says it has been connected but in the setting it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I connect my discord to my Xbox it says it has been connected but in the setting it...: My twitch is liked perfectly fine but my discord keeps saying relink account, I’ve tried just about every way to link it and they all work, thinking about selling my Xbox if this keeps happening...
  10. Discord connected on apps but having to reconnect on console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord connected on apps but having to reconnect on console?: Hello, I just booted up my console and have had no previous issues connecting to discord through my xbox. I have followed all of the steps and reconnected my discord 7 times and restarted the...