Discord account setup won't link to xbox account

Discus and support Discord account setup won't link to xbox account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my son's discord account to his xbox account but it keeps failing saying "if this problem still persists contact support" hence... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SmallishTomb, Nov 9, 2022.

1. SmallishTomb
    SmallishTomb Guest

I'm trying to connect my son's discord account to his xbox account but it keeps failing saying "if this problem still persists contact support" hence why I am here for help.

The standard method of linking the accounts does not work as I have done this for my own account but It does not work for my son's account.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

SmallishTomb, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It may be asked to reach out to Discord Support because they're the one that handles the linking issues according to Xbox support.

Here's some information from Xbox support: "Visit or contact the support website for the social network you're trying to link." https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

It says I need to relink my discord after I've done it multiple times

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Aspects that you should take into account:
    You cannot mix Discord friends with Xbox friends. A Discord voice channel will contain your Discord friends, while an Xbox group chat will contain your Xbox friends.

Discord voice channel audio cannot be transmitted via Twitch streaming.
    Discord is not available in all countries or regions.
    Initial tasks

To add Discord to your Xbox, you'll first need to link your Xbox and Discord accounts in one of the following ways.
    Note You will only be asked to link the first time, unless you unlink your Discord and Xbox accounts. If you previously linked your Xbox and Discord accounts before August 2022, you may need to link your accounts again to access this feature.

For more information on linking to social media accounts, go to:

Link your social media accounts to Xbox
    Select your avatar > Connections.
    Select Add and under Add new connection, select Xbox.
    Select Continue, then follow the instructions to sign in to your Microsoft account.
    Select Authorize to connect your Xbox and Discord accounts. When you're done, your accounts will be linked.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/parties-chat/using-discord-with-xbox

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  4. PandalordAH Win User

How do I connect discord and xbox

I cant see that my Xbox account is linked with discord on discord though.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Wrong xbox account is linked to my discord account

Hello Ethan Appleby,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having trouble linking your Xbox account to your Discord account. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Start by unlinking your Xbox from Discord in the Xbox settings. Next, log in to Discord on another device, such as your phone, and unlink the Xbox account from your Discord connections as well.

• Unlink your Discord account from both Xbox accounts (Ac1 and Ac2).
    • Log out of Discord on all devices.
    • Once you've unlinked from both the Xbox settings and Discord connections, try linking them again.
    2. Log in to Discord on the device you want to use to link your Xbox account.

3. Link your Xbox account (Ac1) to your Discord account.

4. If the wrong Xbox account (Ac2) is still linked to your Discord account, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then repeat steps 2 and 3.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. FracturedSoul23 Win User

I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link"

Thanks for the Response but that isn't linked to what i've said

I am trying to speak Through Discord via accessing Discord Servers and Xbox is Telling me to Re-Link my Account. I have Tried to do so and it hasn't worked. I have Unlinked and Relinked accounts to no Avail. I even created a New Account on Discord to try it out and it did not work

I even tried linking my Discord on another account on my Xbox and it's the Same Result
Thema:

1. Discord account setup won't link to xbox account - Similar Threads - Discord account setup

2. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  3. My xbox account wont link to my discord account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account wont link to my discord account.: I have been using discord on my xbox one ever since it came out. just today it said i have to re-link my account. if I re-link it it still says it cant connect my account. I have tried: un...
  4. Your account needs to be linked again - Discord

in XBoX Accessibility
    Your account needs to be linked again - Discord: Relinked my account about 25 times.. uninstalled reinstalled xbox and discord apps on my phone and computer. Still not working. ****? 7e07e082-ee2e-4738-9f4e-f61690b3905d
  5. It won’t let me connect my discord to my Xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    It won’t let me connect my discord to my Xbox account.: Hey I need some help with the issue stated above. I have tried linking my account in every way possible. Every time I sign into discord it just puts me back into the sign in page. I get to the...
  6. So I leave my discord account to the Xbox but it disconnect but it won't allow me to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I leave my discord account to the Xbox but it disconnect but it won't allow me to...: Hi there I've been on my Xbox for a while now and I never had issues until today so whenever I try to relink my discord account to my Xbox it'll bring me to the page and then afterwards I'll do...
  7. My Xbox won’t relink my discord account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox won’t relink my discord account: Whenever I try to join a discord call on Xbox it keeps on telling me I need to relink it and when I do relink it it just tells me to do it again. I tried everything unlinking and linking discord...
  8. How can I link my Xbox account to discord with out problems?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I link my Xbox account to discord with out problems?: Hello. I want to figure out how I can successfully link my discord account to my Xbox account, because every time I link them, it tells me to Re-link them. And I keep doing that, but it keeps...
  9. Relinking discord account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Relinking discord account.: When trying to access my discord channels through Xbox it said I needed to relink my account and brought me to settings. I relinked my account several times. When it didn’t work I unlinked and...
  10. How do I relink my discord account to my Xbox account if it won’t let me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I relink my discord account to my Xbox account if it won’t let me?: I just booted up my Xbox Series X to play some games and I went to use discord but it said that I had to relink my account. So I went to the settings to relink the account, but it still wants me...