Disconnecting my Xbox Live Account from my Origin Account

Discus and support Disconnecting my Xbox Live Account from my Origin Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was recently talking to an Origin Game Advisor (their customer support) because I wanted to disconnect my Xbox Live account from my Origin account.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CacsTech, Jan 1, 2014.

1. CacsTech
    CacsTech Guest

I was recently talking to an Origin Game Advisor (their customer support) because I wanted to disconnect my Xbox Live account from my Origin account. I don't get why I have to talk to a customer support person to remove an account like this from my Origin
    account. I believe I should just be able to press a button on my Origin account page to disconnect my Xbox Live account from my Origin account. Well, I guess it's technically-half possible. Under my Origin Account page, there are two parts to my Xbox Live
    account connection: Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I can "revoke access" for my Xbox One part, but not my Xbox 360 part. So, why isn't there a "Revoke access" button for my Xbox 360 part? I think it's pointless to be able to revoke Xbox One access, but not Xbox
    360 access. What does revoking Xbox One access do to/for my Origin account? Is it possible to make it easier to disconnect my Xbox Live account from my Origin account, Microsoft?

After all of the rant/feedback, here is a summary of the questions that I have:

- Why isn't there a "Revoke access" button for my Xbox 360 part?

- What does revoking Xbox One access do to/for my Origin account?

- Is it possible to make it easier to disconnect my Xbox Live account from my Origin account, Microsoft?

:)

CacsTech, Jan 1, 2014
  2. connect microsoftlive account with EA account

hello I can not change the email of origin in fifa 14.se I access from PCs on client origin and try to connect (connect) my xbox live account to the account origin tells me that the account is used (connected) with another origin account. What should I do?

LuigiRestauri, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Closingracer
    Closingracer Guest
    Xbox is telling me to get Gold even though I have it?

Good to know. I'll try all this when I get back home to try it out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer, Jan 1, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Isnt Orgin run and controlled by EA? Shouldnt this be a question you post on EA forums?

x24hrs2livex, Jan 1, 2014
  5. CacsTech
    CacsTech Guest
    Yes, Origin is run and controlled by EA, but the Origin Game Advisor that I talked with said that Microsoft is responsible for how the Xbox Live accounts are set up to link with Origin accounts. The Game Advisor wrote down my "complaint" about this as feedback
    for improvement, but the advisor also said that I should post about this issue on here. So, EA now knows about this, and I was also told to share this on the Xbox forums.

CacsTech, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest
    Microsoft is responsible for putting buttons in your Origins account page? Disconnecting my Xbox Live Account from my Origin Account o_O That doesn't sound right at all. At best, it's a mutual thing where both companies agree to turn around and walk away from each other. That said, though, I'm not sure what
    this "disconnection" means. Xbox makes no difference between your Xbox One and Xbox 360 profile. They're the same account, same profile. EA might make a distinction because of the two different consoles. But if you "disconnect" your Xbox One account from
    your Origin, does that mean EA will let you connect it to a different Origin account? I wouldn't think so. I would imagine it's just removing it from being actively listed on your Origin page, but it would simply be restored if any connection attempt was
    made from that Xbox profile. Bottom line, though, EA is responsible for maintaining any information they have about your Origin account, and any game statistics, progress, and profile information therein, and I can't imagine how Microsoft has any ability
    to edit what buttons are available in your Origins account page.

Klokkwork, Jan 2, 2014
  7. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Ive got to agree with @Klokkwork. I have an orgin account but dont use it and wont comment on how it works. But I have a Uplay account which is linked to my XBL profile and can unlink it with the press of a button. I really dont think this is Microsoft's
    problem, and just another example of how poor of a company EA is.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 2, 2014
  8. CacsTech
    CacsTech Guest

I would think that Origin would have full control as to what they put on their website, but they're basically like "that's not our problem" and "blah, blah, blah." I'm just following what they told me to do by posting something about this problem on here.
    I even asked them, "if I can disconnect (revoke access) my Xbox One account, why can't I disconnect my Xbox 360?" The person that I talked to basically said, "I don't know." I agree that EA is a poor company.

CacsTech, Jan 2, 2014
  9. skipsarg
    skipsarg Guest
    Interesting post. I had the opposite problem. In my Origin account both of my 360 accounts were linked and the secondary account for some reason took over and none of may achievements for my main account showed so I pressed the revoke access (yes there
    was one) and it totally unlinked every thing; all my achievement were wiped and I can't get the 360 account to link again. My Xbone account is linked with the revoke access button. The big trouble started when I went to play DAI Beta and guess what I was
    locked out!!!!!!!!! The secondary account was also linked in with the DAI Beta, can you believe that (Yes I can). It was so complicated to explain to Origin what has happened and I find it hard to explain. Its a complete mess. Not happy Jan Disconnecting my Xbox Live Account from my Origin Account :)

If this doesn't make sense to anyone well join the queue

skipsarg, Oct 23, 2014
  10. S1R Galahad
    S1R Galahad Guest
    I was wondering if there was any way to disconnect the Origin account from the XBL account, using the XBL account; any suggestions?

S1R Galahad, Dec 29, 2014
  11. Ahsoka Tanos
    Ahsoka Tanos Guest
    Yea is there a way to do it using your XBL account? There should be.

Ahsoka Tanos, Jan 4, 2015
  12. zacron89
    zacron89 Guest
    i got a quistion i rovked my brothers xbox one on origin and i dont know how to reconnect it he isnt able to play hardline beta saying he isnt connected to origin and he is connected to origin so i revoke his xbox one account on origin and was wondring how
    do i set it back up

zacron89, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Ahsoka Tanos Win User

Yea is there a way to do it using your XBL account? There should be.
  14. S1R Galahad Win User

I was wondering if there was any way to disconnect the Origin account from the XBL account, using the XBL account; any suggestions?
  15. x24hrs2livex Win User

Isnt Orgin run and controlled by EA? Shouldnt this be a question you post on EA forums?
  16. x24hrs2livex Win User

Ive got to agree with @Klokkwork. I have an orgin account but dont use it and wont comment on how it works. But I have a Uplay account which is linked to my XBL profile and can unlink it with the press of a button. I really dont think this is Microsoft's
    problem, and just another example of how poor of a company EA is.
  17. zacron89 Win User

i got a quistion i rovked my brothers xbox one on origin and i dont know how to reconnect it he isnt able to play hardline beta saying he isnt connected to origin and he is connected to origin so i revoke his xbox one account on origin and was wondring how
    do i set it back up
Thema:

1. Disconnecting my Xbox Live Account from my Origin Account - Similar Threads - Disconnecting Live Account

2. Disconnected from Xbox Live and can't reconnect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected from Xbox Live and can't reconnect.: I've recently been disconnected from Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 after previously using it to download games. I have tried for a while to reconnect it using the xbox's suggestions without success,...
  3. My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.: Hi, been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 hours with no luck. When I sign in to my Xbox live profile, I get a notification saying “disconnected from Xbox live”, then I get an error message that...
  4. my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately: my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately fab7d17f-be89-45f1-ba98-50f835c2af69
  5. Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360: I haven't been able to sign into Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 since 12/18/23, the following has been happening since then. I get disconnected from Xbox Live every time I sign in on my Xbox 360. My...
  6. Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game: My xbox 360 can sign into my xbox live account and connect with no issue on the dashboard, but when i open a game it forcibly disconnects me from live and will not reconnect until i return to the...
  7. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  8. xbox live account disconnected from micorosft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live account disconnected from micorosft account: half a year ago i wanted to sign in to xbox cloud gaming but it glitched a bit and it asked me to make a new xbox live account even tho i already had one so i made a new one and a few days later i...
  9. Why does my account disconnect from Xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my account disconnect from Xbox live?: So for years whenever I have played a solo or co-op game it's only a matter of time before I lose connection to xbox live randomly & my game crashes; this has most recently been happening with...
  10. Disconnect from Xbox live account - Halo Master Chief's Collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnect from Xbox live account - Halo Master Chief's Collection: Years ago I created an outlook account under a pseudonym where I'd sign in to play my games. The recovery phone number is not in use anymore since I've moved to another country. So when I used...