Disconnecting during online play

Discus and support Disconnecting during online play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, having bought an Xbox One on Boxing Day, I have been experiencing frequent problems with Xbox One and the internet. When I am playing an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuBLimE GUZZL3R, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Disconnecting during online play

Recently, having bought an Xbox One on Boxing Day, I have been experiencing frequent problems with Xbox One and the internet. When I am playing an Online match on games such as Killer Instinct or CoD: Ghosts, it has been booting me offline abruptly. It has
    got to the point where I have tried all the troubleshooting options and even contacted my broadband provider, who have proceed to opening all the ports for my Xbox. Also I am not sure whether the problem would concern the range of the router, as my Xbox can
    originally connect to the internet with no trouble, also the router is reasonably near my Xbox.

If it helps, I live in London and my broadband provider is Virgin Media.

Thanks for any help.

:)

SuBLimE GUZZL3R, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Annoying Random Disconnecting during online game play

Been chatting with Microsoft support agent twice in past 3 days. solutions/answers given is the same old thing as i read their support FAQ/articles.

My issue: random disconnected during online game play. no error code shown, it just disconnect and kick me to dashboard.

support agent told me to clear my cache 3 times which i did. problem still persists.

i even redownload my profile, problem still there.

i checked every game folders for any errors sign, no errors.

i called up my ISP to reset everything, problem still there.

i reset my router, change and tried with another brand of router, problem still there.

my xbox using wired connection, i changed to new cable, a cat5e and cat6e, problem still there.

i tried everything, the only thing i would like to try is: format my internal 4GB memory. (i dont have any expansion or other hdd attached)

any idea? it's really frustrating each time you got disconnected and you lose points for not your fault.

DLJC l Vitamin, Jan 3, 2014
  3. KirkyLAD96
    KirkyLAD96 Guest
    Annoying Random Disconnecting during online game play

Do you know your NAT type? If your NAT type is Moderate or strict this may be why.

You can check it by doing a connection test. If you have open NAT you will not see any messages otherwise you will see a message letting you know what NAT type you have

You can find solutions to NAT issues here:
    support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

KirkyLAD96, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

I think there something wrong with console itself. Try log on a friends XB1. And see it dose it on there home console. And if u can log in on there. Try deleteing ur profile and revover it. If u did not tired that yet. And still get disconnected. Then it
    might be ur console. When down to hardwear part. U have call phone support.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Chunkdirty30
    Chunkdirty30 Guest
    If you test the multiplayer connection under settings and it shows "it's all good" then it is going to be an issue related to the system cache in the console which you will have to clear it.

The only things you have to do to clear the system cache are the following:

Press and Hold the Power Sensor (xbox logo) on the console itself for 10 seconds (the console will go off after 5 secs, you still continue pressing it for another 5 seconds) then you let it go.
    After that Unplug the console from the power for 1 minute and then plug it back in and test your game. If that does not fix it you might want to contact Xbox support customer service for further troubleshooting.

Chunkdirty30, Jan 3, 2014
  6. azztum
    azztum Guest
    This is really strange as I am also on virginmeida and have the exact same problem. I however have been through the processs of contacting microsoft and they sent me a replacement console but I am still disconnecting from games. Xbox 360 and pc gaming works
    fine. That means it must be a problem with the xbox ones connecting to our particular router or something.

azztum, Jan 4, 2014
  7. I also have the same problem and with VirginMedia, bought 2 consoles for my boys on Xmas Day, they are both disconnecting while playing Fifa 14 and CoD Live. The message says something like "You must have an active connection for play live" Plenty of broadband,
    both on wireless, have contacted Virgin who where very helpful and opened the suggested ports, but still having the same problem !!!

AglitterTree38, Jan 5, 2014
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings AglitterTree38!

Can you please create a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Also, be sure to include that you connect multiple console's to the same router Internet connection.

To save yourself some time, try answer as many of the questions up front, so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

Wired or wireless:

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider):

Thank you!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  9. AglitterTree38 Win User

I also have the same problem and with VirginMedia, bought 2 consoles for my boys on Xmas Day, they are both disconnecting while playing Fifa 14 and CoD Live. The message says something like "You must have an active connection for play live" Plenty of broadband,
    both on wireless, have contacted Virgin who where very helpful and opened the suggested ports, but still having the same problem !!!
  10. Chunkdirty30 Win User

If you test the multiplayer connection under settings and it shows "it's all good" then it is going to be an issue related to the system cache in the console which you will have to clear it.

The only things you have to do to clear the system cache are the following:

Press and Hold the Power Sensor (xbox logo) on the console itself for 10 seconds (the console will go off after 5 secs, you still continue pressing it for another 5 seconds) then you let it go.
    After that Unplug the console from the power for 1 minute and then plug it back in and test your game. If that does not fix it you might want to contact Xbox support customer service for further troubleshooting.
  11. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

I think there something wrong with console itself. Try log on a friends XB1. And see it dose it on there home console. And if u can log in on there. Try deleteing ur profile and revover it. If u did not tired that yet. And still get disconnected. Then it
    might be ur console. When down to hardwear part. U have call phone support.
  12. azztum Win User

This is really strange as I am also on virginmeida and have the exact same problem. I however have been through the processs of contacting microsoft and they sent me a replacement console but I am still disconnecting from games. Xbox 360 and pc gaming works
    fine. That means it must be a problem with the xbox ones connecting to our particular router or something.
  13. taidara Win User

Greetings AglitterTree38!

Can you please create a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. Also, be sure to include that you connect multiple console's to the same router Internet connection.

To save yourself some time, try answer as many of the questions up front, so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

Wired or wireless:

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider):

Thank you!
Thema:

1. Disconnecting during online play - Similar Threads - Disconnecting during online

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  4. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  5. Frequent disconnections during cloud gaming on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Frequent disconnections during cloud gaming on Series S: During some long sessions playing in the cloud from an Xbox Series S, the game closes without warning, requiring it to be reopened It happens very often. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  6. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  7. XBOX Series X internet disconnection during any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X internet disconnection during any game: Hello. Recently I bought a new XBOX Series X. I downloaded some online and offline games. From the first day, internet connection disconnects randomly, while playing a game. I don't see the same...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay: Good Morning, I can post system specs if needed later today but I will detail as much as I am able now in hopes someone can help. I have the old style Xbox wireless adapter for windows and it...
  9. Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?: I haven't used this controller in a little while, i usually just play wired anyways. But the only microUSB cable I have is unreliable at this point so I wanted to try getting bluetooth working....
  10. Xbox controller constantly disconnecting during game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller constantly disconnecting during game.: We have multiple xboxes in our house without previous issue for the past 3 years. Now all of a sudden, all of our controllers are constantly disconnecting from the Xbox while getting the error...