"Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards...

Discus and support "Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I load an xbox 360 game on the xbox one, I get the notification "Disconnected from Xbox live" from a 360 notification. If I hit yes to check... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SemiroundOak115, Feb 12, 2019.

1. "Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards...

When I load an xbox 360 game on the xbox one, I get the notification "Disconnected from Xbox live" from a 360 notification. If I hit yes to check network connection, it brings me to the xbox one network settings which results in a successful connection.
    I return to the game and it still isnt connected. Have had this issue for a few days, and it sporadically connects after sometimes 30 minutes or so, but becomes an issue again after getting off of the game and returning later.

:)

SemiroundOak115, Feb 12, 2019
  2. pawncrackers Win User

"Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game.

Hi there!

I had the same issue a few times, and have isolated it to 2 step authentication.

If you have turned on 2 step authentication for Xbox 360, the password that you used previously might not be working because of this. Do you still have your old console to try this theory on? If you don't, try the following:

Via Xbox One, load up a 360 game, dismiss the error message and press both face buttons to bring up the 360 guide. Sign out of your profile by pressing X, and then go to 'Manage Storage'.

From here, delete your profile ONLY, and then back out completely to the 360 game running in the background.

In your web browser, try signing into the email account that you are trying to use. If you are successful, visit this page:

https://account.live.com/proofs/manage

From there, go to the 'App Passwords' section and choose 'Create a new app password'.

You will see a long code on screen. Go back to your X1 screen and choose 'Download Profile' using your email address, and when you go to enter your password, put this long code in, instead.

From there, your profile should begin downloading and once complete, you will be able to play as usual.

Hopefully this will work! Feel free to post your results. :)

Best,

L
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

"Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game.

Hey there Semiround!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any
    other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. SemiroundOak115 Win User

Hi, I'm not too sure what you mean by "App passwords". The closest thing that I see after signing in is change account password. Even then, that doesnt even seem to be working. Also, Most of the time when I try to download profile, it says that theres a
    problem with the credentials.

Just succesfully signed in so it'll take another few hours to act up again to try anything.

Thanks for the reply,

J
  5. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Can't stay connected to xbox live.

G'day cjsadie5!

Are you seeing any error messages whenever you get disconnected from Xbox LIVE?

If yes, please post the error message(s) here.
  6. Prince Diamonds Win User

Getting disconnected from Xbox Live but only while playing backward compatible game

I just started having this same issue but it's on all backward compatible games. I've tried everything but no luck at all.
    I've been having the same exact problems. Whenever I try to play L4D2 I will repeatedly get disconnected from Xbox live on the emulator.
Thema:

"Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards...

1. "Disconnected from Xbox Live" error message appearing whenever I start up a backwards... - Similar Threads - Disconnected Live error

2. Disconnected from Xbox Live and can't reconnect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected from Xbox Live and can't reconnect.: I've recently been disconnected from Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 after previously using it to download games. I have tried for a while to reconnect it using the xbox's suggestions without success,...
  3. My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 profile is immediately disconnected from xbox live when I sign in.: Hi, been trying to troubleshoot this for 2 hours with no luck. When I sign in to my Xbox live profile, I get a notification saying “disconnected from Xbox live”, then I get an error message that...
  4. my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately: my xbox 360 is not signing in to xbox live, it disconnects from xbox live immediately fab7d17f-be89-45f1-ba98-50f835c2af69
  5. Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Disconnected from Xbox Live when signing in on my Xbox 360: I haven't been able to sign into Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 since 12/18/23, the following has been happening since then. I get disconnected from Xbox Live every time I sign in on my Xbox 360. My...
  6. Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live disconnects when launching a game: My xbox 360 can sign into my xbox live account and connect with no issue on the dashboard, but when i open a game it forcibly disconnects me from live and will not reconnect until i return to the...
  7. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  8. 100% Packet loss and disconnecting from Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% Packet loss and disconnecting from Xbox live: Hi My Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from Xbox live I have run an internet test and have Upload Speed of 17mb/s, download speed 52.64mbs and wireless strength of 100%. However my latency is...
  9. Disconnected From Xbox Live on backwards compatible games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnected From Xbox Live on backwards compatible games.: I am having trouble playing backwards compatible games. It will just say disconnected from Xbox live after about 10 minutes. I’ve tried everything to try and fix it. Used different wifi, deleted...
  10. disconnect Xbox live error retrieving player data from storage platform code 12002"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    disconnect Xbox live error retrieving player data from storage platform code 12002": Anyone else getting this at the moment? c1eac303-c123-4df2-acf4-ba277e57fd15

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disconnected from x box live while playing error