Discless Gaming

Discus and support Discless Gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I was to buy the discless xbox one series S and tranfer my titles across from my xbox one s would the disc games (i.e. COD modern warfare) installed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThomasStimson, Dec 6, 2020.

  1. Discless Gaming


    If I was to buy the discless xbox one series S and tranfer my titles across from my xbox one s would the disc games (i.e. COD modern warfare) installed on it still work on the series S?

    :)
     
    ThomasStimson, Dec 6, 2020
    #1
  2. ORLANDO LUJAN Win User

    Discless Gaming

    If you have a game on disc, you need the disc to play.
  3. Virtumin Win User

    Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?

    No. With the discless version you have to buy the games again or sell the discs to get the game for a little cheaper
  4. RippenHarra Win User

    Installing a game without the disc?

    ^Yes. Same goes for any game EA game you own that goes in the vault. Sell that disc for discless play.
  5. T4M3W0LF Win User

    Xbox next generation console no disk drive

    When they do release the next gen console i think they will make a normal and diskless console as they have just released a discless xbox one s but yeah i highly dout they will comptly be discless in the future.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

    Discless play

    So without being able to know (or wanting to know) the details of your purchase history, it's one of a few things:

    • You own it digitally
    • It is via Game Pass, and your console is set as Home console as someone who owns Game Pass
    • Something similar to the above, like another user being signed in that has Game Pass, etc.
    • You're lucky for now and the validation of owning the disc based game hasn't checked and you can play it until it needs to connect and check license validation.

    Really there is no way for us to know your specific situation without checking your purchase history, subscription billing, or Home console settings.
Thema:

Discless Gaming

Loading...
  1. Discless Gaming - Similar Threads - Discless Gaming

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox1s discless how do I play disc games?: So i recently got a Xbox 1S discless and i cant play any of my disc games and i dont want to have to buy them all back on the xbox is there a way yall can transfer my disc games to my Xbox 1s...
  9. Discless play

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Discless play: My friend brought his just cause 3 he has the disc at his house but I can still play it at my house can someone explain same with all of my discs I lost my mincraft disc but I can play it...
  10. Xbox 1 Discless - download file sizes

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 Discless - download file sizes: Hi, have heard some games can be very heavy on monthly data caps. How can we determine the filesize of games we wish to purchase and download for the new discless Xbox, before we buy? (with...