Disc tray starts spinning when no disc is in the xbox

Discus and support Disc tray starts spinning when no disc is in the xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So when I turn on or off my xbox with no disc in the disc slot will start spinning when i turn it off or a turn it on. What should i do?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bossninja39, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Bossninja39
    Bossninja39 Guest

So when I turn on or off my xbox with no disc in the disc slot will start spinning when i turn it off or a turn it on. What should i do?

:)

Bossninja39, Nov 6, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community and we're sorry you're having this issue. According to what you reported, I suggest you try the solution below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

* Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. M1KE 08 Win User

the disk in my xbox keeps spinning when I open the tray

Make sure you give the disc time to spin down before you open the tray, it's not recommended to open the tray while the disc is spinning. If this isn't the case, it is likely a hardware problem.
  4. DangerousBard Win User

XBOX 360 Disc Drive ruins Disc

Hello gamer friend,

tilting or moving the console when operating with a disc spinning inside can potentially cause damage to the disc, in some cases renders the disc unusable. One side of the disc can also be scratched by the disc tray if it malfunctions by closing with the
    disc in an odd position.

I suggest you to check assistance and if need be to replace that faulty disc tray
  5. braunman Win User

Open tray and unrecognisable disc issues

It sounds like you've got a busted disc drive. Does the disc tray have trouble opening and closing on its own, often requiring a hard *thump* on top of the console to get it to open? If you do manage to get a disc in does it start spinning, then stop spinning
    after one or two seconds?
  6. kingbooforums Win User

disc spins when opening the disc tray

How do I put it back to factory default settings? every video iv'e looked at does not work...

And will putting it to default erase all my data? I keep hearing it will and won't....

I guess I can try this, it's the best I can do, until I am able to do something else.

I have a slim by the way.
Thema:

1. Disc tray starts spinning when no disc is in the xbox - Similar Threads - Disc tray starts

2. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...
  3. Forza Motorsport 4 showing open tray and not reading disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 4 showing open tray and not reading disc: So today I just came across and bought a still sealed copy of forza Motorsport 4 for the Xbox 360, I’ve been having troubles with the copy I had and when I put the new unused disc in it didn’t...
  4. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  5. How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?: I was playing Black Ops 1 with friends and I pull out the disc and when I try to put in a new disc after a few hours, it then sounds like a drill being spun. I don't know what to do and my friends...
  6. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  7. Xbox One S Disc Tray

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S Disc Tray: Recently my Xbox disc tray has been broken. Whenever I try press the eject button it makes a squealing noise. I’ve tried the yellow circle on the side to get it out, I just don’t know what to do...
  8. My xbox one console disc tray has stopped working and not sure going all digital will be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one console disc tray has stopped working and not sure going all digital will be...: I had for 6 years and not sure how to repair it and my warrantly is over on the console.Should I send you my serial number of xbox one. 9f00833d-c2f0-4c10-8a20-a0b815cee573
  9. Disc tray wont read the disc someone help me please

in XboX Insiders
    Disc tray wont read the disc someone help me please: I put a disc in and it makes the noise like its reading it but then stops and doesn't do anything and the disc are fine can anyone please help submitted by /u/SR20PULSE [link] [comments]
  10. Disc tray

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc tray: When i dont have a disk inside the console, it makes the noise when you insert it inside and im not sure why. Any help? 33bce1f7-c633-4312-b458-0046fe23e88a