Disc to Digital

Discus and support Disc to Digital in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey Gang, What does everyone else thing of a "Disc to Digital" program from Microsoft? Where an End user who has many XBOX 360 and XBOX games can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TB3 Raptor, Oct 21, 2017.

  1. TB3 Raptor
    TB3 Raptor Guest

    Disc to Digital


    Hey Gang,

    What does everyone else thing of a "Disc to Digital" program from Microsoft? Where an End user who has many XBOX 360 and XBOX games can get them in their Online Collection to download and play them at anytime without using a disc. Walmart/Vudu has this
    feature and I understand there are product sharing issues (and we get to keep the disc). It would help someone like me who wants the game, but to have it stored electronically instead of on a shelf taking room. I would be will to go to a retailer, give them
    my E-mail associated with my account and have the retailer add the game into my account. I would like to keep the disc, but I also would be willing to give it up for this feature. So if I went to the retailer for this and they put the game in my account and
    then kept the game. This would give that company another product to sell to someone who prefers to keep the game and not store it. just a thought, I do think there is a potential here. I just don't know if its the right time.

    :)
     
    TB3 Raptor, Oct 21, 2017
    #1
  2. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    whats on your list

    Destiny(digital)

    Evolve(digital)

    Halo:MCC(digital)

    Sunset Overdrive(maybe digital)

    Alien Isolation (disc)

    Assassins Creed(disc)

    CoD:AW(disc, unless they wow me with MP, then digital)
     
    Zero Divided, Oct 21, 2017
    #2
  3. Hey MS! How can we Pre Order games we want to Download???

    If Microsoft wants me to convert to digital downloads and NOT BUY A PHYSICAL DISC...they need to make digital downloads cheaper than disc!!!!!

    $45.00 for digital vs $60.00 for disc.....THEN IM GOING DIGITAL ,......

    DO YOU HEAR ME MICROSOFT?
     
    S T R l K U R, Oct 21, 2017
    #3
  4. Disc to Digital

    well when you have a 360 game on disc that is backwards compatible that is what you are doing, you put the disc in you're One and you get the digital version, you never have to use that 360 disc again..
     
    BigDaddyxBrock, Oct 25, 2017
    #4
  5. Zero Divided Win User

    whats on your list

    Destiny(digital)

    Evolve(digital)

    Halo:MCC(digital)

    Sunset Overdrive(maybe digital)

    Alien Isolation (disc)

    Assassins Creed(disc)

    CoD:AW(disc, unless they wow me with MP, then digital)
  6. ArminatorX Win User

    Move a game on disk to digital.

    The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

    It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

    So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  7. ArminatorX Win User

    Digital only console

    Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

    As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

    Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

    The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    etc...

    Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

    So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital

    Unfortunately yes.

    Digital licenses for games go with the account that purchased them.

    The licenses for the Disc games are on the disc themselves that is why you still need to have the disc in the console in order to play the disc games.

    With the All digital systems there is no disc drive to put the disc in so you would need to purchase the games digitally if you want to play them on your all digital system.
  9. S T R l K U R Win User

    Hey MS! How can we Pre Order games we want to Download???

    If Microsoft wants me to convert to digital downloads and NOT BUY A PHYSICAL DISC...they need to make digital downloads cheaper than disc!!!!!

    $45.00 for digital vs $60.00 for disc.....THEN IM GOING DIGITAL ,......

    DO YOU HEAR ME MICROSOFT?
Thema:

Disc to Digital

Loading...
  1. Disc to Digital - Similar Threads - Disc Digital

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....