Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today

Discus and support Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox is rolling out its Disc-to-Digital Licensing test to select Xbox Insiders today. The feature can convert eligible Xbox One and Xbox Series X game... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OpportunityPrudent39, Aug 31, 2026.

  1. Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today


    Xbox is rolling out its Disc-to-Digital Licensing test to select Xbox Insiders today.

    The feature can convert eligible Xbox One and Xbox Series X game discs into digital licenses,

    >Xbox Play Anywhere games are supported
    >Multi-disc games only use the first disc for the license
    >Some Ultimate Editions and similar releases can include their on-disc add-ons

    The license stays connected to the physical disc, so selling or giving away the disc can affect access later.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/disc-to-digital-licensing-on-xbox

    submitted by /u/OpportunityPrudent39
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/OpportunityPrudent39, Aug 31, 2026
    #1
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

    Download or disc

    Hey Dunk!

    Thanks for taking the time to bring this inquiry up to us! Once the game is downloaded (redeemed) the license is owned. When the disc is
    bought the disc itself is the license. So in short if the digital content is downloaded on the account the disc isn't needed.
  3. Francia J. Win User

    0x803f800b error code. Says need subscription, but we have one

    That's why I should've asked that earlier. Just a friendly reminder though that on Xbox Series S it's an All-Digital game console which means that the reason why you're experiencing the issue is due to the license of the game. Since it is a disc game, the disc needs to be inside the console in your case since it's a digital console you need to re-purchase the digital version.
  4. HassanB Win User

    Rewards for Ghost

    Just make sure you're a Xbox LIVE Rewards member and by November 26th you'll have an e-mail in your inbox with a Freefall map code. This only goes for copies that were purchased digitally via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Retail copies of the game have a code
    inside specially marked boxes.

    More information here.
  5. {Parity} Win User

    Playing a game without the disc in the Xbox

    Without being pedantic, technically speaking there is no such thing as a 'digital version' of an Xbox One game. Both the disc and the digital versions are the same. What you buy is a digital license. Of course, once you have the license you won't need
    the disc.

    If you borrowed your friends game on disc, installed it, then decided you also wanted this game, you just buy it from the Xbox Store. As you've already installed the game from disc you won't need to download anything, other than any updates as normal.

    The Xbox 360 had separate digital and disc based games, the Xbox One does not.
    What do you mean by the Xbox One does not have any digital version of games? Everything stored on the Xbox One is digital. On the non-disc based games the license is stored on the HDD while on the disc based games the license is stored on the disc.
  6. Panno92 Win User

    getting error code on transferred games from xbox one to xbox one s

    If I understand correctly you are trying to play games that you own on disc, right? Even if the game is installed on the console you need to insert the disc to play the game because the disc is the proof of the purchase of the license of the game, but
    since your new console does not support disc games you need to purchase a digital license of the game in the xbox store to play these games on your xbox one s all digital ... As of now is impossible to transfer a license from disc to digital
Thema:

Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today

Loading...
  1. Disc to Digital Licensing on XBOX (FAQ) - goes live for Xbox Insiders today - Similar Threads - Disc Digital Licensing

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  4. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  7. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  8. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  9. Disc to Digital License - Xbox One

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital License - Xbox One: Hi guys, I have an Xbox One Original and I’m not getting the option for a digital license? I’ve tried; Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Triology Halo: The Master Chief Collection Minecraft Xbox One...
  10. The "Permanent Conversion" Update Let us sacrifice our old discs for a Digital License!

    in XboX Insiders
    The "Permanent Conversion" Update Let us sacrifice our old discs for a Digital License!: The Problem Physical discs for classics like Red Dead Redemption are fragile. Even in 2026, we’re still dealing with discs getting scratched by drives or worn out by spinning every time we want to...