Disc to digital console

Discus and support Disc to digital console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can installed disc games on xbox one x be transfered to xbox series s or do they have to be re-purchased? 4e0f2a1e-08c9-4745-a3d9-08a008d6e3da Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RichardIngebretson, Sep 19, 2020.

  1. Disc to digital console


    Can installed disc games on xbox one x be transfered to xbox series s or do they have to be re-purchased?

    :)
     
    RichardIngebretson, Sep 19, 2020
    #1
  2. dempup Win User

    Disc to digital console

    Hi there.

    Thank you for reaching out to the forum. Unfortunately not. You have to re-purchase your disc based games, if you want them on your All digital console (Xbox One S and Xbox Series S).
  3. ArminatorX Win User

    Digital only console

    Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

    As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

    Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

    The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

    etc...

    Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

    So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  4. Zenosos Win User

    0x803f8001

    Is this a game you only bought on disc? As you can't play disc games on an all digital console. You will need to buy a digital game version to play on the all digital console as it uses the disc to still confirm you own the game.
  5. Radiant Sword X Win User

    ace combat 7

    Did you purchase the game digitally or disc? If disc, you need to ensure the disc is in the system. If digital, try resetting your console.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

    How do I get a digital license so I play games transferred from my Xbox one ?

    There is no program to transfer a physical copy of the game to a digital copy. When you put the disc in it installs the game to the hard drive, as is necessary, but does not make that a digital copy. It still requires the disc and verification to play.
    So if you have a new console, then you will need to use the disc to install the games on the new console, and continue to use that disc to play. If you have an all digital and there is no disc, then I would see if you could still return the console to get
    one that has a disc drive, or look at purchasing digital titles or downloading free titles such as Fortnite on the Xbox One S All Digital edition.
Thema:

Disc to digital console

Loading...
  1. Disc to digital console - Similar Threads - Disc digital console

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  9. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  10. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...