Disc spinning always

Discus and support Disc spinning always in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a xbox 360 with 250gb, No matter what game i play the system all ways spins. Why? I have them downloaded to my hard drive, But that don't help.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THAHAMMER08, Jan 2, 2014.

1. THAHAMMER08
    THAHAMMER08 Guest

Disc spinning always

I have a xbox 360 with 250gb, No matter what game i play the system all ways spins. Why? I have them downloaded to my hard drive, But that don't help. Need help please.

:)

THAHAMMER08, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Mcbeeferton
    Mcbeeferton Guest
    Disc drive always spinning

My console is whisper quiet. Do you have a Kinect hooked up? Microsoft has gotten really good at streamlining the exchange process.

Mcbeeferton, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Mcbeeferton
    Mcbeeferton Guest
    Mcbeeferton, Jan 2, 2014
  4. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest

Disc spinning always

Hello ThaHammer08,

I know that some installed games still periodically refer back to the gaming disc to ensure it's still in the console, and other games still load things from the disc while in-game.

If for some reason your console is affected by this and not working right, you may need to look into a warranty repair if your console is still under warranty. You can check that out here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

If your console is not still under warranty, an additional repair fee will be required in order for Microsoft to service it. I personally have an older Xbox 360 console, and even with having installed some games on my hard drive, my drive still spins while
    I'm playing at times.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

MattKV1, Jan 2, 2014
  5. MattKV1 Win User

Disc spinning always

Hello ThaHammer08,

I know that some installed games still periodically refer back to the gaming disc to ensure it's still in the console, and other games still load things from the disc while in-game.

If for some reason your console is affected by this and not working right, you may need to look into a warranty repair if your console is still under warranty. You can check that out here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

If your console is not still under warranty, an additional repair fee will be required in order for Microsoft to service it. I personally have an older Xbox 360 console, and even with having installed some games on my hard drive, my drive still spins while
    I'm playing at times.

I hope this helps, and good luck!
  6. J Rizzle da 3rd Win User

Really not in a position to put a $500 hold on a credit card. And I've had several friends that have had nightmares (with 360 though) with getting exchange consoles that were in worse condition then the ones they sent in.

But hmm, I'm sure it's not downloading anything, it's definitely the disc drive. The second I hit the eject button it spins down and goes nearly silent. Not sure if I should just trade it in to Gamestop or send it in and wait probably two weeks to get a
    replacement that who knows what condition it will be in.
  7. Mcbeeferton Win User

My console is whisper quiet. Do you have a Kinect hooked up? Microsoft has gotten really good at streamlining the exchange process.
  8. Mcbeeferton Win User

You need to go ahead and call support for that. There is a 1 year warranty on the console. The US phone number for Xbox Support is 1-800-469-9269 or go to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/
  9. J Rizzle da 3rd Win User

Yeah, I've tried that several times. Can you try putting a disc in and listening to see if it's spinning? If you have too much ambient noise you might not hear it without paying attention. I'm pretty sure this is a software issue that affects all systems.
Thema:

Disc spinning always

1. Disc spinning always - Similar Threads - Disc spinning always

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc: My Xbox one stopping working with my game I've been playing the last few days it's not damaged at all but it won't read and it will read a rough shape game I've tried the game multiple times and...
  4. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  5. Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i...: Hi i have a Xbox 360 and when i try playing GTA V it gives me this disc is unreadable i need help pls. by 5f17215b-1c92-4aeb-a266-cddb5f0e3f6e
  6. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  7. Anyone else having longer disc spin ups then usual?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having longer disc spin ups then usual?: I've noticed after the night mode update that my xbox series x continuesly keeps the disc spinning rather than stopping after a few mins or so submitted by /u/SebHasVeryHighIQ [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others: I have 4 discs that will not load and support has gotten me no where. I'm in preview beta. I'm not getting a error code submitted by /u/reiku78 [link] [comments]
  9. Disc Drive won't spin disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive won't spin disc: My disc drive won't spin the disc anymore when I open it up the disc is in the exact same location as I put it in. My xbox is out of warranty due to age so just trying to figure out the cheapest,...
  10. Game disc doesn't spin

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game disc doesn't spin: When switching from BF4 to 2k14 or to Titanfall the game(s) 90% of the time won't start reading/spinning. It usually takes 6+ times re-inserting the game for it to recognize it and start playing...