Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

Discus and support Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a brand new (as of 3/19/19) Xbox One X and I’m noticing sometimes when I load a disc, eject a disc, or restart or power down the console, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hedBangerB2RD4L, Mar 31, 2019.

  1. Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X


    I have a brand new (as of 3/19/19) Xbox One X and I’m noticing sometimes when I load a disc, eject a disc, or restart or power down the console, it sounds as if as the disc slows down spinning that its rubbing or grinding against something inside the console.
    Some discs do this more than others and seems much more often with 360 game discs.

    The other issue thats happened a few times but not all the time is I’ll eject a disc and no sooner does it come out it sucks it back in immediately and I have to push eject a second time.

    Are these things normal or is this something to be concerned about seeing as how this console is a week and half old?

    Thanks for any input and suggestions.

    :)
     
    hedBangerB2RD4L, Mar 31, 2019
    #1
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

    Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

    Hey there soxflagger!

    Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting
    steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.



    Thank you and have a great day!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

    Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

    Hi Flagger,

    You can take it to the closest Microsoft store and see what they can do for you. They may be able to exchange it out for you, or they will set up a repair for it. Being it is that new they might replace.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  4. XBF Lance J Win User

    Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

    Hey Sox Flagger,

    Thank you for reaching out. We understand you have a brand new console, which seems to be giving you two somewhat linked problems. Since you recently purchased the Xbox, we strongly recommend you try exchanging it at the retailer you got it from. If for
    whatever reason you are unable to do so, feel free to setup an exchange through our

    Console Service
    page or by contacting one of our Hardware Specialists at
    Xbox Support
    . Cheers :D
  5. hedBangerB2RD4L Win User

    Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

    Thank you all for your input, suggestions, and help. I drove out to the nearest Microsoft store (Oakbrook, IL), about an hour each way, and with no hesitation or problem they exchanged out the entire system and replaced it with a brand new one. This
    new console is MUCH more quiet than the previous and there are no disc rubbing/grinding sounds what so ever, so I’m glad I made the trip. Well worth it (and less hassle and much quicker than dealing with shipping back and forth and all that). A special thanks
    to Sam at the store for all her help today. She even helped me set up the console in-store to make 100% sure it wasn’t defective or having any issues before i left. Very pleased with Microsoft’s customer service and how quickly and easily they resolved this
    issue for me. Thanks again everyone.
  6. hedBangerB2RD4L Win User

    Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

    I purchased the One X bundle directly from Microsoft via the Microsoft store and it was shipped to me.

    Can I physically take it to the nearest Microsoft store and have it exchanged and if so, will I lose any games and info saved on this console?
Thema:

Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X

Loading...
  1. Disc rubbing/grinding & eject issues on Xbox 1X - Similar Threads - Disc rubbing grinding

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....