Disc reading or Blu-ray(optical)Problems?!!

Discus and support Disc reading or Blu-ray(optical)Problems?!! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Cd of PGA tour golf 2k1 on XboxoneS i read it couple of time, now he cannot anymore(put dvd and nothing happens)Forza 6 full of scratch work... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SatokClikClak69, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Disc reading or Blu-ray(optical)Problems?!!

I bought Cd of PGA tour golf 2k1 on XboxoneS i read it couple of time, now he cannot anymore(put dvd and nothing happens)Forza 6 full of scratch work very good but dvd golf(no scratch)won't.Can Uhelp me out with a couple things i cando to fix that .Thanks

:)

SatokClikClak69, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X only reads XB1 game dvds

Hi,

The optical drive in the Xbox One is a Blu-ray drive. Xbox One discs are on Blu-ray disc, same as HD Blu-ray movies. Xbox 360 games came on DVD disc.

Oversimplifying my explanation a little, the Xbox One has separate lasers for reading DVD discs than it does for reading Xbox One blu-ray discs.

The laser that is used to read DVD's has failed. This isn't a software issue, it's a hardware one. Unfortunately you can't fix this yourself, you'll need your console repaired. Sorry.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else)

To clarify;

PlayStation 1 - CD-ROM

Sega Saturn - CD-ROM

Sega Dreamcast - GD-ROM - A proprietary disc format

PlayStation 2 - DVD

Nintendo GameCube - Nintendo Optical Disc

XBOX - DVD

PlayStation 3 - Blu-Ray

XBOX 360 - DVD

Nintendo Wii - Wii Optical disc (basically DVD)

Wii U - Wii U Optical disc (basically Blu-Ray)

PlayStation 4 - Blu-Ray

XBOX One, One S and One X - Blu-Ray

PlayStation 5 - Blu-Ray

XBOX Series X - - Blu-Ray
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Retrocompatibilidade [Translate] Backwards Compatible

Hi,

Sorry about your problem there.

If the power cycle doesn't work, then I'm sorry but your console will require a repair.

The drive that reads discs in your Xbox One is a Blu-ray optical drive. It uses a blue type laser to read the data etched into the Blu-ray discs that Xbox One game discs use. Xbox 360 discs on the other hand are DVD discs. DVD discs are read by a red laser.
    Both the red and the blue lasers are built into the consoles optical drive as a complete package.

Sometimes one of the laser mechanisms will fail. So you'll either have Xbox One discs (and Blu-ray films) read fine, but DVD discs - both Xbox games, and DVD movie discs - not be read. It can also happen the other way around.

There is no way to fix this yourself. You would have to send the whole unit off to Microsoft for a repair.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else)

just to add a couple of changes ;)

To clarify;

PlayStation 1 - CD-ROM

Sega Saturn - CD-ROM

Sega Dreamcast - GD-ROM - A proprietary disc format

PlayStation 2 - DVD (some games came on CD too)

Nintendo GameCube - Nintendo Optical Disc

XBOX - DVD

PlayStation 3 - Blu-Ray

XBOX 360 - DVD (there were 3 or 4 games that actually came on CD)

Nintendo Wii - Wii Optical disc (basically DVD)

Wii U - Wii U Optical disc (basically Blu-Ray)

PlayStation 4 - Blu-Ray

XBOX One, One S and One X - Blu-Ray

PlayStation 5 - Blu-Ray

XBOX Series X - - Blu-Ray
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
Thema:

Disc reading or Blu-ray(optical)Problems?!!

1. Disc reading or Blu-ray(optical)Problems?!! - Similar Threads - Disc reading Blu

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc: My Xbox one stopping working with my game I've been playing the last few days it's not damaged at all but it won't read and it will read a rough shape game I've tried the game multiple times and...
  4. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  5. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  6. 100gb Blu rays disc not reading.

in XboX Insiders
    100gb Blu rays disc not reading.: Dose anybody know if they will ever fix 100 gb Blu ray disc not reading. When I put the disc in it sounds like trying to start up a car. submitted by /u/08spurlingD [link] [comments]
  7. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  8. Error 0x8027025A received when trying to read any disc (including blu rays and game discs)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x8027025A received when trying to read any disc (including blu rays and game discs): Hey guys, So I recently purchased an Xbox One X to replace my Xbox One S, and I hadn't had any problems with either until yesterday, when my Xbox One X stopped opening any apps from a disc. I...
  9. Can't read a 4K Star Wars Blu-ray Disc on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't read a 4K Star Wars Blu-ray Disc on Xbox One X: Hi, Hope I've posted in the correct forum. Basically I purchased my first 4K UHD film, only to find that my Xbox One X can't read it. I put the disc in, it tries to read said disc and just...
  10. Xbox One - Not reading Blu-Ray's and sometimes doesn't read any other disc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Not reading Blu-Ray's and sometimes doesn't read any other disc.: As said, my Xbox One won't read Blu-Ray's and occasionally it won't read games/dvds. This is my only entertainment system so it's quite disappointing. I contacted support through chat and they...