Disc purchase

Discus and support Disc purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am new to the Xbox One and I've just purchased Forza 5 on disc to avoid downloads etc ... why won't it play without updating / down loading ? It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by artshark68, Feb 18, 2022.

  1. artshark68
    artshark68 Guest

    Disc purchase


    I am new to the Xbox One and I've just purchased Forza 5 on disc to avoid downloads etc ... why won't it play without updating / down loading ?

    It also appears that just about every game I've downloaded requires an half hour update before access.... is this normal too ?

    :)
     
    artshark68, Feb 18, 2022
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Disc purchase

    Hi artshark68, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    Yes. some games require an update in order for us to play them. You can simply install the update to proceed, you can use a Mobile hotspot if you don't have an Internet connection available.
  3. artshark68 Win User

    Disc purchase

    Hi all ,

    thanks for the replies and advise. As you point out the xbox 360 has instilled a plug in and play mind set I've yet to abort. I also have the slowest download speed so the combination of frustration and patience makes me think theres something wrong ! I will proceed with the download / updates.

    thanks

    Artshark
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Disc purchase

    Hi,

    Console games no longer directly play from disc like they did on the Xbox 360, original Xbox or any previous console that contained an optical drive. The reason being is that the drives are now too slow and the games are too large to run directly from the disc. This means that all games need to be installed directly to internal or external storage.

    Games have updates and additional content added by the developers. As this isn't included on the disc, you'd need to update the game to get the latest version. The time it takes to download is almost entirely dependant on your internet connection speed.
  5. Smwutches Win User

    About the games i own and downloaded to my xbox

    Did you purchase them on disc or digitally?

    If they were purchased on disc, the disc has to be in the drive to play the games so the system can verify you own the game.
  6. Brad Tibor Win User

    Gta san andreas wont work

Thema:

Disc purchase

Loading...
  1. Disc purchase - Similar Threads - Disc purchase

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. Recently purchased a disc and doesn't work?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recently purchased a disc and doesn't work?: Recently purchased a disc and it would never start installing, no pop ups or even much noise from the Xbox when inserted. Looked on the Microsoft store and says Ace Combat 6 is "not currently...
  8. I have purchased mw3 the new game discs is loading on Xbox installed game however it’s...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased mw3 the new game discs is loading on Xbox installed game however it’s...: My game is installed discs is loading, but still saying the game modes are locked 797b0054-794b-4d9c-88b0-3708410a858f
  9. I have call of duty modern warfare disc but it tells me to purchase it

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have call of duty modern warfare disc but it tells me to purchase it: Call of duty not working have the disc but still telling me to purchase it 0a12efd6-dbd6-49b7-9115-7390055c06f8
  10. Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it show to purchase mw 2019 pack when I buyed the disc i dont understand, i...: Does this only works if I install the game with the disc Or just install it somehow then use the disc while playing the game? ec30415a-3462-4030-8512-f2aea3cf704c