Disc keeps stopping for my game (The amazing spider man 2)

Discus and support Disc keeps stopping for my game (The amazing spider man 2) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i bought the amazing spider man 2 for xbox one and was really excited to play it. sadly every time I install it, it keeps stopping at either 66.6%... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ross Grimshaw, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Disc keeps stopping for my game (The amazing spider man 2)

So i bought the amazing spider man 2 for xbox one and was really excited to play it. sadly every time I install it, it keeps stopping at either 66.6% or 87%. i know its the disc thats the problem because all my other discs work fine like halo 5 and overwatch. I tried everything like cleaning the disc, going to xbox support, i reset my xbox, i uninstalled all my games, Everything. If someone knows anything more that i can do or has an answer please please please tell me!

:)

Ross Grimshaw, Nov 29, 2021
  2. LeoAmes17 Win User

Farscape, he's not talking about an original Xbox or Xbox 360 game on the backwards compatibility list. He's talking about a 2014 release on the Xbox One.

Ross, there's a way to install problematic disc games from the Xbox One's digital storefront (And presumably on Series systems as well). Since I've not done it in years, I've done some looking around and this appears to be the process.

1. With your disc inserted, go to the Xbox store.
    2. Search for the store listing for your title.
    3. Open the listing for your game and instead of a purchase option, you should be offered an install option.
    While you're downloading the game instead of installing it from disc, you of course don't own the digital download. So afterwards you'll still need the disc in the drive in order to play the game. But as long as the disc is intact enough for the Xbox One to recognize what it is (As is the case in your example), you should then be good to go.

If all else fails and you don't want to buy an undamaged copy, have it resurfaced. If you have a locally owned game store nearby, inquire if they offer the service (GameStop to the best of my knowledge doesn't do this, so look for an indie store if you have one in your area). Probably would cost $2-$3 and chances are it would revive your disc and make it fully readable on your console.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

it only uses the disc for authentication, it actually downloads the game wrapped in an emulator. same for all BC titles.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the solutions below, please.

Solution 1:

Eject the disc from your console.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

After removing the account follow the procedure below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Now add your account again.

Solution 2:

Press the Xbox button.

Open Settings.

Go to Network and select Network settings.

Select Advanced settings.

Select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Select Restart.

Solution 3:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.

Select Clear local saved games.

Select Yes to confirm.

Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if this solves your problem, please.
  5. Lofty Who Win User

Has Spiderman 2 been released on Xbox One?

6. Lofty Who Win User

Amazing Spider-Man 2 delayed indefinitely on Xbox One

Thema:

1. Disc keeps stopping for my game (The amazing spider man 2) - Similar Threads - Disc keeps stopping

2. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  3. When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...: When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie, I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]: 'sa_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - check log for more information adf26045-1a33-40ac-a62e-5148ee5cd383
  4. Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help: I'm on xbox s and keep getting disc read error how can I fix it please.. 2ef1ae2b-2ea1-417f-8ae1-fa8377e2729f
  5. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  6. why does my disc install keep stopping at 5.5%?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my disc install keep stopping at 5.5%?: Im trying to install cod ww2 on my series x. its a xbox one disc and it keeps saying installation stopped at 5.5%. Ive tried the troubleshooting and i cant get it to work...
  7. Why does my farcry primal disc installation keep on stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my farcry primal disc installation keep on stopping: farcry primal installation stopping midway every time 14a569b7-e599-49c7-b418-35547079b118
  8. Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?: I'm trying to install Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (disc version) but the installation always stops just before its "ready to play." Do I have corrupt files? I've tried downloading offline and...
  9. Why does my console keep stopping my installation of my disc game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console keep stopping my installation of my disc game?: I’m trying to download a name on my Xbox using a disc and it downloaded all the content packs just fine but if struggles to download the actual game it’ll go a few minutes normally then it sill...
  10. Disc keeps stopping its download at 75%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc keeps stopping its download at 75%: So I've recently bought a disc of dark souls 3 and when I put it in my xbox one s it downloads until 75% but then just stops, no matter how many times Ives pressed resume installation it's stops...