Disc is scratched pops up when playing installed game

Discus and support Disc is scratched pops up when playing installed game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have ES V Skyrim installed to my hard drive. I don't have a disc, I'm playing it completely from my from my hard drive. For the first two weeks of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xUndeadWraithx, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Disc is scratched pops up when playing installed game

So I have ES V Skyrim installed to my hard drive. I don't have a disc, I'm playing it completely from my from my hard drive. For the first two weeks of playing it, it worked fine without problems. Three days ago I play it and it said "This disc is unreadable".
    I go to play it today and same thing happened. What do I do about this?

:)

xUndeadWraithx, Oct 17, 2017
  2. SIRK1894
    SIRK1894 Guest
    Installed game gone?

I had installed Madden 12 a couple of months ago and I have the disc now and it is pretty scratched up, there is a ring around it but it still plays till it gets to the main screen, then it says disc unreadable. At my friends house he has the game installed
    and using the same messed up scratched disc it plays on his. Why is my installed game not working?

SIRK1894, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Can I install a game on my Xbox 360 with a broken disc?

You can install your scratched game as long as your xbox 360 is able to read the disc. When you insert the disc, if a message pops up and says "unreadable disc", then obviously you will not be able to install the game. I have found that the xbox 360 is able
    to read scratched discs much better when the console is placed horizontally, rather than vertically. So try to install the game and make sure you're xbox is horizontal, not vertical.

a3donkeypuncher, Oct 17, 2017
  4. a3donkeypuncher Win User

Can I install a game on my Xbox 360 with a broken disc?

You can install your scratched game as long as your xbox 360 is able to read the disc. When you insert the disc, if a message pops up and says "unreadable disc", then obviously you will not be able to install the game. I have found that the xbox 360 is able
    to read scratched discs much better when the console is placed horizontally, rather than vertically. So try to install the game and make sure you're xbox is horizontal, not vertical.
  5. onyxishere Win User

xbox scratched a disk

The circle scratch only happens if the console is moved. Perhaps the console was accidentally bumped when this happened.

See if one of his friends has the game on disc and borrow it then install the game from that disc. You'll be able to use the scratched disc to play after the game is installed.
  6. Smizzy21 Win User

Unrecognized disc/game loading errors

On the rare occasion that I can get the Gears of War image to pop up and get to the installation screen, it tells me the disc is too scratched or damaged to install to the hard drive.
  7. Cokney Charmer Win User

Game install got problem

[quote user="Arkham99"]

Generally, if a game seizes up in the exact spot everytime it's likely because of a scratch or piece of foreign matter in a certain spot on the disc...:)

[/quote]

Pretty much this, if that error pops up on screen either an issue with the game disc or the disc drive

Try installing the game to the HD, if it fails to install then its an issue with the disc and it needs a repair. If it does install then the game will run off the HD after the disc verification is done and you shouldnt hit the issue in the game
  8. alexwheeler Win User

External HD for installing games

Previous responses I agree with, however, on your point that your disc is scratched, like previously mentioned, you will still need the disc, but if your disc is scratched and you install it to the hard drive anyway, it may not be successful as some of the
    data will not be read by the console when installing to the hard drive, just like when playing the game from the scratched disc, some of the data will be missing or cant be read causing a crash etc.
Thema:

Disc is scratched pops up when playing installed game

1. Disc is scratched pops up when playing installed game - Similar Threads - Disc scratched pops

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one x just stoped reading my disc: My Xbox one stopping working with my game I've been playing the last few days it's not damaged at all but it won't read and it will read a rough shape game I've tried the game multiple times and...
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. Why is their a scratching sound from the DISC try on my XBOX SERIES X???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is their a scratching sound from the DISC try on my XBOX SERIES X???: So my recent game I bought from Amazon Canada doesn’t like the series X for some reason it was red dead redemption 2 it’s the installation DISC but for some reason seems to run/ installing the...
  6. Why is my Xbox one scratching all my discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one scratching all my discs?: My console is ruining all my games and movies. I opened a new anime, and after the first watch, it was covered is scratches. All of my naruto discs are ruined, which cost me a lot of money. The...
  7. Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive: As of recently i noticed a very subtle quick scratch/grind noise from the disc drive and not sure if i should worry. The console still properly loads/installs/ejects discs properly ofcourse and...
  8. MS needs to make this happen (disc scratch fixes)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS needs to make this happen (disc scratch fixes): There's gotta be a way for us to put our Disc in the tray and MS to send us maybe the 10 megabytes we need to continue installing. This day in age, you can't tell me there's no way to verify!...
  9. Perfect circle scratch and disc unreadable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Perfect circle scratch and disc unreadable: I was playing Gta V earlier when suddenly the game crashes and I'm brought back to the dashboard. I reopen the game and while its loading I can hear the disc stop spinning and the game crashes...
  10. I Got a Circular Scratch and my Dad Bought me a New Disc, Will the Game Override my Previous ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Got a Circular Scratch and my Dad Bought me a New Disc, Will the Game Override my Previous ...: A couple months ago, I got a circular scratch on my Forza 4 disc. My father bought a new disc and I didn't take the time to isolate my old save data onto a flash drive or cloud. We started to play...