Disc driver issue

Discus and support Disc driver issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox makes this weird pulsing sound whenever I insert a disc. It almost sounds like a Morse code kind of pulsing. It can't read any disc I put... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trambone King, May 24, 2018.

  1. Disc driver issue


    So my Xbox makes this weird pulsing sound whenever I insert a disc. It almost sounds like a Morse code kind of pulsing. It can't read any disc I put in, but I will still let me eject it as normal. Is there an easy fix to this? Or at the very least is there
    a way to know what's causing this?

    :)
     
    Trambone King, May 24, 2018
    #1
  2. Disc drive issue?

    My disc drive has recently started to make a strange noise. Whenever I first power up the console or change the disc the disc drive will make an electronic-like humming noise for about 15-30 minutes. This only began a few days ago. it does not seem to effect
    any of the console function, but I am worried that it may that something is wrong and it may create a bigger issue if left unattended.
     
    xI Massacrez Ix, May 24, 2018
    #2
  3. Puma81
    Puma81 Guest
    Disc Drive Issue

    I seem to be having an issue with game discs that I keep in the drive. My problem is that when I play my digital games and then go back to playing the game that is in the disc drive it will ask me if I own if I own this game or app. I have to then eject
    the game disc and re insert to get the game to play. Why is this happening? Its as if the console isn't even trying to look at the dvd drive to spin the disc and do its verification check. Whats the point of being able to switch between games if it doesn't
    even work for both game discs and digital downloads.

    Is there anyone who could shed some light to my issue?
     
    Puma81, May 24, 2018
    #3
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

    Disc driver issue

    Hello,

    The link below will have a number of possible solutions but if all else fails then you will need to register for a repair. Hopefully it’s still under warranty.

    Troubleshoot Xbox One Disc Errors
     
    brandiesel1, May 24, 2018
    #4
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

    Disc driver issue

  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Cant Install Games of Disc old/New After Update!!

    If that happens with every game disc your console probably has a disc driver issue. Consider filing for repairs.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Xbox One first gen won't play Xbox One game disc ONLY!!!!

    Seems like an issue with your disc driver. I suggest you to file for repairs.
  8. Tzar of kaos Win User

    Digital Vs. Physical

    "Disc = You have a copy of the game"

    And are out of luck if the disc got a scratch,if your Xbox one DVD/BD driver got an issue. ;)
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    My new xbox1s cant load game discks only the rest function fine how do i fix?

    Try to play those disc based games in a different console (like that of a friend or a relative) that will help you find out if this is an issue with your disc driver or your disc games.
Thema:

Disc driver issue

Loading...
  1. Disc driver issue - Similar Threads - Disc driver issue

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. 42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and...

    in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and...: 42PG20D: LG 32GK850F-B I recently purchased has a disc for installing display driver and O.S.D for the monitor. PLZ HELP! Thank you for the help, I just want to make sure I get the best experience...
  8. Disc driver issue

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc driver issue: So my Xbox makes this weird pulsing sound whenever I insert a disc. It almost sounds like a Morse code kind of pulsing. It can't read any disc I put in, but I will still let me eject it as normal....
  9. My xbox one disc driver has went out.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one disc driver has went out.: My disc driver has went out completely, and will not read any games, DVD's, or blue ray discs. I contacted customer support. I was on the phone with them for a hour n 15 minutes. They sent me to...
  10. Xbox One Disc Driver

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Driver: My Xbox One will not take any disc I give it. It will pull them in, but not all the way, and it will make a thudding sound multiple times when a disc is inserted. Can this problem be fixed or do I...