Disc drive problem?

Discus and support Disc drive problem? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My One S did something weird today, I ejected my disc from my xbox and put another game in the disc slot, but my Xbox didn't suck the disc in. My xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DanMoung, May 15, 2019.

1. DanMoung
    DanMoung Guest

Disc drive problem?

My One S did something weird today, I ejected my disc from my xbox and put another game in the disc slot, but my Xbox didn't suck the disc in. My xbox was acting really weird, like there was another disc already in the console, but there wasn't. It was
    like my disc slot somehow was blocked or jammed, i tried a hard restart which did nothing. I then picked up my Xbox and sat it down again on my tv stand which did something, idk what, but my Xbox is sucking the disc s back in, at least for now. I'm still worried
    though, anyone know what the issue is? Is something out of alignment?

:)

DanMoung, May 15, 2019
  2. TempJared Win User

Only Skyrim doesn't read. & rant

3. Kung Fu Spoon Win User

Mw3 Problems

It could be the disc is dirty or has scratches, or it could be a problem with the drive. Give the disc a clean see if that solves it. Also you could install the game to your hard drive which would mean it wouldn't be such a problem. If the problem persists
    though I would read through this support topic and maybe contact Microsoft Support.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution
  4. NDefer Win User

problem with disc drive

5. NDefer Win User

problem with disc drive

apparently an isolated amount of xbox 360s do this due to the xbox update. I would call xbox and see what they can do
  6. MoralitySquad Win User

Disc Drive Problem

Tried three different discs so far, none work on my console. They work fine on other Xbox's but only mine isn't working. Any other game works though, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, all new games except Black Ops 2.

I've even tried without my hard drive, uninstalling the system updates, nothing works at all. This is soon to be a returned game.

Also I felt I should add that I have an old elite. Maybe it will help.
Thema:

Disc drive problem?

1. Disc drive problem? - Similar Threads - Disc drive problem

2. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  3. Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...: Hi everyone, I have an Xbox 360 Slim console that I had just replaced the disc drive in (the tray broke in the last one). The problem I am having with it is that when I insert a game disc, the...
  4. Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?: Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first console with disc drive. You can hear some...
  5. Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?: We've been having an issue for a handful of months now where our Xbox doesn't recognize discs - no error, no noise or anything to indicate the drive is being activated. If I put a game in and it...
  6. Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem: Hello, My original Xbox's Phillips drive stopped spinning discs recently, causing the system to not recognize game discs entirely. Where could I get another original Xbox Phillips Drive? Are...
  7. Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs: Hello! I recently ran into a problem where my Xbox would not read my Xbox One game discs. It has no issue reading backwards compatible Xbox 360 game discs so this seems kind of strange to me. I...
  8. Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?: Hello so I have had my Xbox one S for about 9 months now and in all that time its been fine, but the disc drive has one moment every so often were it rarely doesnt read a disc after I insert it...
  9. Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Disc Drive Problem: I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if it's not, please let me know where to go. Our Xbox One is having some disc problems with it. When we turn it on it makes a rrrrrrrr...
  10. DISC drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    DISC drive Problem: Hey guys I just want to tell you what I did l. Well I sent back my Xbox because my Xbox didn't want to eject discs. But after I used the paperclip a second time to get my disc out again, the drive...