Disc Drive is eject happy

Discus and support Disc Drive is eject happy in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Something up with my xbox one(the 2013 vcr xbox one, not the S or X), it keeps ejecting at random, sometimes it could go weeks without doing it, other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlumbCarton5607, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Disc Drive is eject happy

Something up with my xbox one(the 2013 vcr xbox one, not the S or X), it keeps ejecting at random, sometimes it could go weeks without doing it, other times it would be spammy. It wasn't a big issue until recently. Im kinda getting tired of it, especially in the middle of the night hearing the BING BING BING *disc moving in and out the drive*.

I would be gaming with friends or by my self only to hear the dreaded bing and the game closing and saying "InSeRt tHe GaMe dIsK" losing unsaved progress or having to load it, connect to game i was playing.

It ended up taking out the disc before going to sleep to not have a blinking light in my face and my tv auto turning on but recently even without a disc in the drive the console would still turn on when the eject button was activated so ig I'll unplug the console when i stop gaming

Any solution or do i have to take it in

It's not so bad in the last few months but because it turns on without a disc it's just more annoying

:)

PlumbCarton5607, Oct 11, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your disk drive is likely on its last legs, you will need to purchase a new Xbox is Microsoft no longer repairs that model, or put up with your ejecting. It sounds like there’s a short inside the button
  3. PlumbCarton5607 Win User

It likely is

When it's reading the disc, it sounds normal, though kinda loud.

I'll look into going to take it apart though i might just deal with it.

Speaking of getting a new xbox, i would like to but if i already didn't have a series S gifted to me. I play my physical games on the gool' ol VCR
  4. PlumbCarton5607 Win User

I tried the clear cache thing, i won't try factory reset as theres data i want to keep that happens to not be games

It also seems like it wouldn't work

Clearing cache didn't work.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello PlumbCarton5607, have you tried performing some procedure on your console such as a cache cleanup or even a reset on the console while keeping games and apps?

If you haven't tried it yet, follow the procedures below.

Cache

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > system > console > system

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note - You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. BriceMcMillan Win User

Xbox 360 Slim: Flashing green center light, disc tray opens back up on its own when I try to close it

Thema:

1. Disc Drive is eject happy - Similar Threads - Disc Drive eject

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  6. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  7. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  8. Xbox manual eject jammed the disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox manual eject jammed the disc drive: so I broke my ribbon cable ages ago, didn’t bother me I rarely use discs anyway. However I just got the one x and I’m giving my old one away. Figures I’d dix it first but I can’t get the plastic...
  9. Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button?: [Mod Removed] the disc drive on my 360 won't open (either with the eject button or the menu command on the home screen). Am I s.o.l. or are there some other potential solutions? Or at least...
  10. Can someone please tell me if my xbone has a faulty disc Drive because when I eject a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please tell me if my xbone has a faulty disc Drive because when I eject a ...: [MEDIA] 2a37aec5-c665-4569-b49f-31d1823dafec