Disc drive buzzing/humming really loud. First time used for game.

Discus and support Disc drive buzzing/humming really loud. First time used for game. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just come to install a hard copy game for the 1st time. I've only ever downloaded digitally, as above its making a racket! And I'm out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FOGSTER9, Jan 7, 2016.

1. FOGSTER9
    FOGSTER9 Guest

I've just come to install a hard copy game for the 1st time. I've only ever downloaded digitally, as above its making a racket!

And I'm out of warranty, even tho I've never used the drive before for games.

DVD and cd pay fine.

Take it this is a hardware issue?

:)

FOGSTER9, Jan 7, 2016
  2. Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

I have an update on mine.

The buzzing seems to change with each game I put in the disc drive.

I put in Battlefield 4, and it's very loud. Loud enough to where I have to turn my TV up louder than normal.

Madden 25 is much quieter, and sometimes the buzz won't even be there.

I've tried it multiple times, and the buzzing is always loudest with BF4 in the drive.

It goes away when I take the disc out, and is completely silent like it should be. Like I said before, there hasn't been a problem with it yet, loads the disc fine and reads it normally, it's just the buzzing for me.

ManipularOrb18, Jan 7, 2016
  3. microlink(2)
    microlink(2) Guest
    Xbox 360 S makes humming/buzzing sound on certain discs?

Before you say I need to send it in, let me point one thing out: This only happens on two discs that I know of so far.

It doesn't really sound like a buzzing sound, but more of a loud humming sound. I first heard this sound when I put in my pre-owned Left4Dead game (with many scratches.) I noticed the Xbox is making a loud humming sound when playing. I quit the game, took
    out the disc, and the noise just stopped. I then put in another pre-owned game, Tales of Vesperia, and I did not hear this sound at all.

This also happens if I play Skyrim for too long a time. I posted this on Yahoo Answers, but they keep telling me to send in my Xbox and that the fan might be busted, but they haven't even read the post correctly. This is only happening with Skyrim and Left4Dead,
    as far as I know. The Xbox is completely quiet when there is no disc in. Tales of Vesperia doesn't make the 360 have this humming noise either. I posted it as "buzzing" on Yahoo Answers which is probably why I kept getting told to send in the xbox. I listened
    to the sound a few minutes ago, and it sounds more like a humming sound. There isn't any sort of lag at all, and this console has never over-heated before. This has happened ever since I first put in my Left4Dead game, which was a day after Christmas. It made
    the humming sound even then, so I thought it was just the console reading the disc... but I've been doing research and it's kinda scaring me. However, this is only happening on TWO discs. Please keep this in mind.

Also, the sound isn't as loud when I'm playing Skyrim, but it's still there. It's loudest on Left4Dead. I have not gone online on L4D yet.

Is this some sort of problem with the disc? I mean, if the disc is causing the Xbox to make this humming sound, should I get my money back on this game? There are tons of minor scratches on the disc which makes me wonder, but I want to hear what the experts
    have to say.

Thanks. Disc drive  buzzing/humming  really loud. First time used for game. :)

microlink(2), Jan 7, 2016
  4. FOGSTER9
    FOGSTER9 Guest

Edit* Even tho I've NEVER USED THE DRIVE FOR A GAME WITH DISC.

FOGSTER9, Jan 7, 2016
  5. I have noticed this as well. I believe it is normal and you shouldn't worry too much about it.

DarkPhoenix332, Jan 8, 2016
  6. The disc drive makes considerably more noise when installing a disc to hard drive,however it would be very quiet when that process has finished,hope that helps.

PALE SHADOWzz, Oct 31, 2018
  7. PALE SHADOWzz Win User

The disc drive makes considerably more noise when installing a disc to hard drive,however it would be very quiet when that process has finished,hope that helps.
  8. DarkPhoenix332 Win User

I have noticed this as well. I believe it is normal and you shouldn't worry too much about it.
  9. FOGSTER9 Win User

Edit* Even tho I've NEVER USED THE DRIVE FOR A GAME WITH DISC.
  10. NickBJohnson90 Win User

Loud Noise while installing Games

I just bought mine last night and its doing the same thing. Loud buzzing or humming type noise only while installing a game. Not like a fan or something is hitting something. It's a consistant hum/buzz but it is quite loud
  11. Wikkid666 Win User

Humming/vibrating xbox

The hum is dvd disc drive spinning.... and it's pretty loud, but normal. Installed games would take care of the problem.
Thema:

1. Disc drive buzzing/humming really loud. First time used for game. - Similar Threads - Disc drive buzzing

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc drive trying to take disc without one inside: My xbox series x disc drive has been trying to take a disc without one in its happens all day and night submitted by /u/BusinessClothes5658 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  5. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  6. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  7. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  8. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  9. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  10. Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive making fairly loud buzz when a disc is inserted: I never used to have this problem but now if I'm playing a game that requires a disc it buzzes a bit. Haven't dropped or hit console- just been sat on my unit untouched. Anyone else? What should I...