Disc Drive being selective

Discus and support Disc Drive being selective in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My disc drive on my Xbox Series X (launch day edition) is being funky. It’s recognizing Cyberpunk, Marvels Avengers, and Modern Warfare 2019, but won’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Micro SMG, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Micro SMG
    Micro SMG Guest

My disc drive on my Xbox Series X (launch day edition) is being funky. It’s recognizing Cyberpunk, Marvels Avengers, and Modern Warfare 2019, but won’t recognize Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 (Xbox One) or two seperate copies of Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360). Both copies of Modern Warfare 3 also work on my Xbox 360. Any reason the Series X will accept some discs and not others?

:)

Micro SMG, Oct 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Micro

Could be a hardware issue, but let's try to isolate a bit more the problem.

But first tell me:
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
    Are you able to test the unrecognized discs on another console?
    And what did you tried so far to fix this?
    This is to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps
  3. Toxic Raven Win User

DD install

Are you having any problems with an install? It's fairly straight forward.

1. Insert the game disc into the disc drive.

2. From the Home hub, select the game in the drive tray, and then press X on your controller.

3. Select Install.

4. A progress indicator appears while your game is being installed on your hard drive.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Trying to install Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox S

When you put a disc in, a tile should show up saying install disc/game. Just select it and start the installation. If nothing is happening, such as the disc is not being read in the disc drive, then try ejecting the disc, give the disc a clean, reinsert
    and try again.
  5. HOMERSTER Win User

mw3 to loud

Use these instructions from Microsoft.com to install your game to the hard drive..

1. Insert the game disc into the disc drive.

Note After you insert the disc, the default option is to automatically start the game. If this happens, exit the game and return to the Xbox Dashboard.

2. From the Home hub, Select the game in the drive tray and press X on your controller that you want to install.

3. Select Install.

4. A progress indicator appears while your game is being installed on your hard drive.

Note Installing an Xbox 360 game might take 12 minutes.
  6. Chris21ce Win User

Game from another country or region

Sometimes other region discs wont play on xbox's for more information please click here :) You will need to select your xbox make then select disc problem then it will bring up the information on region discs :)

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution
Thema:

1. Disc Drive being selective - Similar Threads - Disc Drive being

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. Can physical copies be played on a PC disc drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can physical copies be played on a PC disc drive?: i got Titanfall 2 and wanted to play on my PC, i put it in the disc drive and it didn't load. I checked the Media player and it wasn't there.Can i play it on a PC?...
  5. What would be the best Xbox one s disc drive replacement kit I could get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would be the best Xbox one s disc drive replacement kit I could get?: What would be the best Xbox one s disc drive replacement kit I could get? 8c3795b9-966e-43ee-9b8c-c2e93cdbb7e0
  6. Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S?: Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S? 19455bfc-4d24-4499-b7ca-00ad4a32e9af
  7. Xbox One X disc drive to loud to be used as an UHD Bluray player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X disc drive to loud to be used as an UHD Bluray player: Hi! When I got my Xbox One X I bought it both for games and for watching UHD Blurays. Sadly I have now come to the conclusion that its not fit at all to be used as a UHD Bluray player. The disc...
  8. Disc Drive Buzzes when game disc is inserted, but game still plays. Should I be worried?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Buzzes when game disc is inserted, but game still plays. Should I be worried?: When I insert a game disc (Forza Horizon 2--it's the only disc-based game I have at this point), the disc drive makes a slight buzzing sound. Not super loud like others have described. The game...
  9. USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read: I have 2 Kingston 32GB USB Flash Drives and they both experience the same problem. I recently purchased Forza Horizon and of course, downloaded it to my USB drive. I start the single player game...
  10. Problems with disc drive causing my profile (ParasiticDragon) to be banned for life

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with disc drive causing my profile (ParasiticDragon) to be banned for life: Why is it if the disc drive malfunctions that your account gets banned for life? 09d57474-30b2-4e85-8bbd-6edd4c5aef14