Disc destroyed by Xbox one S

Discus and support Disc destroyed by Xbox one S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox one S has recently had some trouble loading GTA V, but loads other games just fine, so I took out GTA and put it back in the case, but when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Monocle joe, Aug 7, 2018.

  1. Monocle joe
    Monocle joe Guest

    Disc destroyed by Xbox one S


    So my Xbox one S has recently had some trouble loading GTA V, but loads other games just fine, so I took out GTA and put it back in the case, but when I took it out just now, I noticed that the disc was covered in ripples like you see in oil spills and felt
    very flexible, the disc is unusable and will give an error message saying that data is required to start the game. If anyone has any ideas then please help.

    :)
     
    Monocle joe, Aug 7, 2018
    #1
  2. Xbox LIVE 360 Still Down?

    Best thing for you to do fish head, is sell everything you own that`s xbox related.

    It will save you the aggro of having your life destroyed by these first world issues you keep having.
     
    THEOWENKILLER, Aug 7, 2018
    #2
  3. SChamb SCD
    SChamb SCD Guest
    Unrecognizable disk

    You simply destroyed the disc.
     
    SChamb SCD, Aug 7, 2018
    #3
  4. blueamcat
    blueamcat Guest

    Disc destroyed by Xbox one S

    Was it just fine before? Are you sure the console did that to it?

    You might be able to do a disc exchange for a price. You'd need to contact Rockstar Games for that info.
     
    blueamcat, Aug 7, 2018
    #4
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    The Xbox One only reads from the disc when you install the game, and then only a security sector to check if you still "own" the game.

    As long as the console detects the disc being present, all other data is loaded from the console's hard drive (or the external USB drive if you installed the game on an external drive).

    If the console is able to detect the disc, you can even go to the Xbox Store, and download the game, if the disc is damaged and unreadable (with the exception of the security sector, that HAS TO be readable).

    Should the console not detect the disc (but other discs work), try the following: Take the disc to the kitchen, and apply a small drop of mild dishwasher soap on the silver side on the disc. Then, with wet fingers, "massage" the soap all around the disc
    in a spiraling motion. When the whole silver side is covered in soap, rinse it off under running water.

    Now hold the disc with a finger in the center hole and only on the edge. Shake the disc several times to get the water off, and wipe the remaining drops with a soft, lint-free cloth.

    If the disc is detected now, congratulations. If not, do as Blueamcat says and contact Rockstar Games support for a disc exchange.
     
    Arminator, Nov 3, 2018
    #5
  6. Arminator Win User

    Disc destroyed by Xbox one S

    The Xbox One only reads from the disc when you install the game, and then only a security sector to check if you still "own" the game.

    As long as the console detects the disc being present, all other data is loaded from the console's hard drive (or the external USB drive if you installed the game on an external drive).

    If the console is able to detect the disc, you can even go to the Xbox Store, and download the game, if the disc is damaged and unreadable (with the exception of the security sector, that HAS TO be readable).

    Should the console not detect the disc (but other discs work), try the following: Take the disc to the kitchen, and apply a small drop of mild dishwasher soap on the silver side on the disc. Then, with wet fingers, "massage" the soap all around the disc
    in a spiraling motion. When the whole silver side is covered in soap, rinse it off under running water.

    Now hold the disc with a finger in the center hole and only on the edge. Shake the disc several times to get the water off, and wipe the remaining drops with a soft, lint-free cloth.

    If the disc is detected now, congratulations. If not, do as Blueamcat says and contact Rockstar Games support for a disc exchange.
  7. blueamcat Win User

    Disc destroyed by Xbox one S

    Was it just fine before? Are you sure the console did that to it?

    You might be able to do a disc exchange for a price. You'd need to contact Rockstar Games for that info.
  8. Mode-D444274A-2465-4 Win User

    My Xbox cracked my disc

    One thing you should never do it move your Xbox while a disc is playing. It will cause a scratch called the "Perfect Ring/Circle" Which will destroy the disc and will never work.
  9. [Farscape] Win User

    Predicament

    if the game is an original disc and listed on the backward compat list then install on the xbox one and enjoy, if not then nothing can be done unless you get a 360.

    If a dodgy disc destroy it and buy a proper copy.
  10. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Out of video memory, trying to allocate a texture... : error

    Is this a Xbox Series S or an Xbox One S? If it has a disc drive it’s a One S
Thema:

Disc destroyed by Xbox one S

Loading...
  1. Disc destroyed by Xbox one S - Similar Threads - Disc destroyed

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?

    in XboX Insiders
    What would happen if I redeemed the disc to digital and destroyed the disc?: I wanna know just in case in the future a disc stops working. submitted by /u/Serious_Revolution77 [link] [comments]