Disc based DLC for Fallout 3

Discus and support Disc based DLC for Fallout 3 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Back when the DLC for Fallout 3 was first released I did not have access to Xbox live at home. To combat this issue I bought the disc copy of The Pitt... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by James4125, Mar 19, 2016.

  1. James4125
    James4125 Guest

    Disc based DLC for Fallout 3


    Back when the DLC for Fallout 3 was first released I did not have access to Xbox live at home. To combat this issue I bought the disc copy of The Pitt and Operation Anchorage and later Point Lookout and Broken Steel.

    Now I would like to be able to play these again on my Xbox One but I no longer have the disc's I originally used to install the DLC is there any way for me to transfer the content from my Xbox 360 USB stick to my Xbox one external hard drive?

    :)
     
    James4125, Mar 19, 2016
    #1
  2. GutsyToaster
    GutsyToaster Guest
    Fallout 3 non-GOTY retail disc DLC downloaded but not recognized

    The Known Experience Concerns states that the retail non-GOTY DLC discs should work if I have the digital version of Fallout 3, which I do.

    "Fallout 3: You will only be able to play disc based DLC for Fallout 3 if you also own the digital version of the game. Disc based DLC includes the Broken Steel and Point Lookout disc and the Operation Anchorage and The Pitt disc. This restriction
    does not apply to the Game of the Year Edition."

    So in my case, it should work but does not. The DLCs are downloaded but not recognized when they should be.
     
    GutsyToaster, Mar 19, 2016
    #2
  3. Two discs??

    I was told the second disc had all DLC for Fallout 3.
     
    ShadowWo1fAlpha, Mar 19, 2016
    #3
  4. Disc based DLC for Fallout 3

    Hi, no there is no way to transfer the dlc from a usb flash drive. You would have to download the dlc to the xbox one for the game to recognise them.
     
    StuartATrueRed, Mar 19, 2016
    #4
  5. James4125
    James4125 Guest
    I thought as much. Thank you.
     
    James4125, Mar 19, 2016
    #5
  6. JJCWORLD
    JJCWORLD Guest
    You can always pick up the GOTY edition for $15 to have all the DLC's to load, however, you need to have Xbox Live to get the update to activate and don't lose power to your console. I'm still working an issue with the licensing to stick after I travel
    with my Xbox One and the DLC's won't load unless I reinstall them.
     
    JJCWORLD, Nov 2, 2018
    #6
  7. GutsyToaster Win User

    Fallout 3 non-GOTY retail disc DLC downloaded but not recognized

    The Known Experience Concerns states that the retail non-GOTY DLC discs should work if I have the digital version of Fallout 3, which I do.

    "Fallout 3: You will only be able to play disc based DLC for Fallout 3 if you also own the digital version of the game. Disc based DLC includes the Broken Steel and Point Lookout disc and the Operation Anchorage and The Pitt disc. This restriction
    does not apply to the Game of the Year Edition."

    So in my case, it should work but does not. The DLCs are downloaded but not recognized when they should be.
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Fallout 3 dlc onto my Xbox one (s)

    If you read the issues with Fallout 3 back compat, only the standard version did not work with the DLC. You need to insert the disc with the dlc in, and that should install the game and the dlc as well.

    Taken from
    here


    Fallout 3: You will only be able to play disc based DLC for Fallout 3 if you also own the digital version of the game. Disc based DLC includes the Broken Steel and Point Lookout disc and the Operation Anchorage and The Pitt disc.
    This restriction does not apply to the Game of the Year Edition.
  9. James4125 Win User

    Disc based DLC for Fallout 3

    I thought as much. Thank you.
  10. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Disc based DLC for Fallout 3

    Hi, no there is no way to transfer the dlc from a usb flash drive. You would have to download the dlc to the xbox one for the game to recognise them.
  11. JJCWORLD Win User

    Disc based DLC for Fallout 3

    You can always pick up the GOTY edition for $15 to have all the DLC's to load, however, you need to have Xbox Live to get the update to activate and don't lose power to your console. I'm still working an issue with the licensing to stick after I travel
    with my Xbox One and the DLC's won't load unless I reinstall them.
Thema:

Disc based DLC for Fallout 3

Loading...
  1. Disc based DLC for Fallout 3 - Similar Threads - Disc based DLC

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital.

    in XboX Insiders
    Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital.: I don't have many suggestions. I'm pretty happy with the Xbox One UI with only a few exceptions. Making a tag or icon for the difference between disc based games that would require a disc to...
  9. How fix installation stopped in installing disc based game offline

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How fix installation stopped in installing disc based game offline: GTA v installation stopped at 93 percent. I have tried all methods but in vain e5c1a16f-6ee5-406c-a222-5de177ded1a6
  10. Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the base xbox one still play a 4k uhd blu-ray disc(it doesn't have to give a 4k output,...: So can it still just run the disc and show the movie, albeit not at 4k resolution? 8da69feb-6c41-414e-ad5d-1a321ff1e675