Disappointed

Discus and support Disappointed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one for Xmas so disappointed! Touted as entertainment system yet has hardly any of the features the xbox 360 has including apps inability to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TEDAROON, Jan 5, 2014.

1. TEDAROON
    TEDAROON Guest

Disappointed

Xbox one for Xmas so disappointed! Touted as entertainment system yet has hardly any of the features the xbox 360 has including apps inability to easily connect to your home network and files which was so easy on 360, aren't things supposed to get easier??
    1) constantly freezes on startup! No waiting any length of time works. It's so frustrating sometimes just wanna watch tv but then have to mess about round the back to change the leads just to watch tv! 2) tv in put slows any menu selection and freezes sky
    tv, never had sky freeze ever but constantly have to reset the system! 3) sky tv input now not recognised can't get tv through it ( new problem yesterday) only had it Xmas day!! 4) xbox on command lol! Hasn't worked yet! Tried everything ! 5) voice commands
    goes to sleep find yourself shouting at it but still no response, yet other times no problems at all ( but hey isn't it great on the adverts)! 6) where's all the apps?? Entertainment system yet less entertainment features than the 360! 7) game releases?? Many
    great ones advertised for release what happened? 8) face recognition it's happened twice, and I'm 36 yet it recognised a 11 year old boy as me yesterday lol great! 9) upload a music cd ??? Was bought this by my wife for me and my son and loved the idea of
    the home entertainment system and for how much it cost it's a joke! Very disappointed to say the least, it's far from finished and feel the race to release at the same time has ps4 has really set the xbox back because of all the complaints I've heard and seen
    in the internet since searching re all the problems I've had. I've never had a playstation, hate the controllers for a start but will be taking this back and getting a ps4! I would have kept it but after seeing all the negative feedback regarding the same
    tech issues as I've had myself and yet microsoft haven't done a system update yet or offered any kind of solution to them. It's a half finished system that shouldn't have been released. They won't even say what's happening regarding the apps ! Yes I do realise
    things will get better after time and further development of the apps, software etc, but as a consumer why should I pay the full price now for a half finished product! Sad Disappointed :(

:)

TEDAROON, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Disappointed

the reason it is so hackable is that the MW games have been based on the COD 3 multiplayer engine and as such is not easy to update or stop hacking.

world at war and black ops are better in this regard as the multiplayer engine is different and more up to date.

Cypholitic Dog, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Andrew 540
    Andrew 540 Guest
    Disappointed

To be honest, I'm suprised Microsoft doesn't have some level of involvement to ensure games remain unhacked or at least patched for any big scale violations. It's on their platform after all.

Andrew 540, Jan 5, 2014
  4. BwA Splatmat
    BwA Splatmat Guest

Disappointed

well thanks for your imput, have a safe and healthy gamer life with sony. the xbone is a new system and is not perfect and is being patched, but if you think ps4 has no problems your going to be mistaken. i assume this is your first game system launch. good
    luck and happy gaming

BwA Splatmat, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Well my disappointment isn't with the console but with support on replacing broken stuff, that being said I suggest you visit sony's version of their support forum......it be pretty busy too.....

RobertBuckalew, Jan 6, 2014
  6. TEDAROON
    TEDAROON Guest
    Lol omg I take it this is your first console launch??? Get a life, as a consumer purchasing a console at full launch price of £450 from a trusted experienced supplier one expects extensive tests and forethought to have taken place before it's release. If
    it was a few teething problems I can understand but it just doesn't do the basic tasks it is meant to! Turn on! Voice commands, play tv through the system which microsoft have based a massive part of its ad campaign on these features, so as a consumer paying
    £450 for a system which is inferrer ( not on paper of course ) to it's predecessor I think I have thei have the right to complain.

TEDAROON, Jan 6, 2014
  7. X CROZIER X
    X CROZIER X Guest
    I personally always wait 6 months - 1 year so I never encounter these problems if I didn't wait I would end up smashing the device haha. In my opinion bar the terrible reliability the xbox 360 is perfect and will do me until support has ended.

X CROZIER X, Jan 6, 2014
  8. RoanQC
    RoanQC Guest

Disappointed

The PS4 has at least as much problems. A friend of mine had 3 days where he coulden't play online due Sony servers in the first 2 weeks alone. Give it some time.

RoanQC, Oct 31, 2018
  9. gamesshop1 Win User

purchase dont complity

An annoying and disappointing problemAn annoying and disappointing An annoying and disappointing problem
  10. Tac Tech034 Win User

Disappointment

I've only had issues with matchmaking once since launch, played a good 6hrs on multiplayer without any problems. and the one time it did drop i had serious lag issues due to roommates. otherwise. I think this first week is the same as every games first week,
    a time to have the fans find any problems and get the devs to fix them accordingly. have faith, i am sure that things will get patched up soon
  11. JAY ARRRRR Win User

Disappointment

[quote user="KING FROG"]

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

[quote user="xTKAx PvtPUTZZZ"]

To be honest, I was happy just to get into 3-4 games. With most BF games, it takes a week to play multiplayer...LOL

[/quote]thats true....I was able to play online last night..took some doing, but got it to work.....besides, I'm a patient guy

-

having said that I can wait for 'em to work properly, does not mean we should have to....I'm not dissing on the game or the developers really, I'm more addressing the attitude of just letting it slide...and not with just video games either....as consumers
    in general, we should be demanding to get what we pay for in every aspect of our lives

-

20 years ago, you walk into a fast food place, and the staff was polite and courteous, you got your food which was usually done right and you ate....these days, walk into the same fast food chain.....cashier gives you a dirty look because you made her put
    away her iphone for a few seconds to take your order....which you find out was screwed up but only after she damn near pitched your bag of slop at you...same thing with customer service in general almost anywhere you go...it's as if people just stopped expecting
    good service, and just accept whatever they're given.....customer service people (XBL, Verizon, Dish Network, credit cards, etc etc etc) hate me, because when I'm dealing with customer service...I'm expecting service, especially if I'm paying for it.....my
    company is very service oriented, and I demand that those who work for me do the best they can.....do a good job and people will tell their friends, do a bad job and they'll tell everyone they encounter

-

bottom line, I believe people should be not just expecting, but demanding better service for
    anything they pay for....those who provide those service need to take more pride albeit earned pride though

[/quote] on that same token, people now a days will whine and moan and sue you over anything. what happened to just accepting that things are not always perfect...even the things you paid for? I suppose because of shady deals and some companies really ***
    over consumers...we all got jaded and started "demanding" perfection which led to the "extended warranty" scams. Now everything has to be perfect or the customer sues you...ugh...it's dumb...If I un-do the harness while on a rollercoaster and fall out, breaking
    my neck....do I sue the amusement park for making it too easy for me to be an idiot??

I just think folks are losing the thick skin we used to have before sunlight was bad and seatbelts and motorcycle helmets were dictated by law. I say, you wanna ride without a seatbelt...go ahead...the strong survive.

[/quote]

Why is everything with you one extreme or another? It's like, I'm almost with you and then you go one unnecessary step too far!

"What happened to accepting that things are not always perfect?" I'm with you...

"Now everything has to be perfect or someone SUES YOU??" You lost me.

You go off on these completely unrelated and undefendable side-missions where you basically prove with your own words that you've missed the point of our conversation completely. We're not talking about lawsuits here. We're talking about businesses DOING
    what they SAY. It's called accountability, and it's a word that most people do not get the meaning of. We have the right to complain about a product not working as advertised, especially when the fix is incredibly simple. If you don't want to hear people
    complain, I would advise staying away from MESSAGE BOARDS! That's like going to the ocean and complaining that you hate "getting all wet and sandy."
  12. KING FROG Win User

Disappointment

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

[quote user="xTKAx PvtPUTZZZ"]

To be honest, I was happy just to get into 3-4 games. With most BF games, it takes a week to play multiplayer...LOL

[/quote]thats true....I was able to play online last night..took some doing, but got it to work.....besides, I'm a patient guy

-

having said that I can wait for 'em to work properly, does not mean we should have to....I'm not dissing on the game or the developers really, I'm more addressing the attitude of just letting it slide...and not with just video games either....as consumers
    in general, we should be demanding to get what we pay for in every aspect of our lives

-

20 years ago, you walk into a fast food place, and the staff was polite and courteous, you got your food which was usually done right and you ate....these days, walk into the same fast food chain.....cashier gives you a dirty look because you made her put
    away her iphone for a few seconds to take your order....which you find out was screwed up but only after she damn near pitched your bag of slop at you...same thing with customer service in general almost anywhere you go...it's as if people just stopped expecting
    good service, and just accept whatever they're given.....customer service people (XBL, Verizon, Dish Network, credit cards, etc etc etc) hate me, because when I'm dealing with customer service...I'm expecting service, especially if I'm paying for it.....my
    company is very service oriented, and I demand that those who work for me do the best they can.....do a good job and people will tell their friends, do a bad job and they'll tell everyone they encounter

-

bottom line, I believe people should be not just expecting, but demanding better service for
    anything they pay for....those who provide those service need to take more pride albeit earned pride though

[/quote] on that same token, people now a days will whine and moan and sue you over anything. what happened to just accepting that things are not always perfect...even the things you paid for? I suppose because of shady deals and some companies really ***
    over consumers...we all got jaded and started "demanding" perfection which led to the "extended warranty" scams. Now everything has to be perfect or the customer sues you...ugh...it's dumb...If I un-do the harness while on a rollercoaster and fall out, breaking
    my neck....do I sue the amusement park for making it too easy for me to be an idiot??

I just think folks are losing the thick skin we used to have before sunlight was bad and seatbelts and motorcycle helmets were dictated by law. I say, you wanna ride without a seatbelt...go ahead...the strong survive.
  13. reverse20 Win User

Disappointment

what was the Beta for again?
Thema:

Disappointed

1. Disappointed - Similar Threads - Disappointed

2. I'm very disappointed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very disappointed: Last week I posted a question regarding my sudden inability to use the Game Bar. I received an answer asking that I provide additional information which I immediately did. Since which time I have...
  3. Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...: Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to find put I can't play them on Xbox x! e314ee1d-f95c-4d5a-b79b-6abd832dcac2
  4. Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance

in XboX Insiders
    Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance: Switching to the PS5. Very disappointing experience on the series x for me! Slow UI downloads stop and run again, very slow connection. Games like Far Cry 6 freeze for 1-3 seconds full and then...
  5. How disappointing can it get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How disappointing can it get?: Bought an xbox series s and two controllers to play some diablo 4 and pass some time with a friend that has gone through a really hard time. He couldnt wait, his best friend was coming over to...
  6. Microsoft, you are disappointing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, you are disappointing!: Dear Microsoft, Thank you for ruining every Forza Horizon installment (And of course, everything that used to work well in the past), that has been released on PCs with your terrible Windows...
  7. Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.: I got my xbox series S $250. At first I was pretty happy with it, got gamepass and saw my many options with the new optimization, so I started downloading. I have a 2TB harddrive I spent $80 on,...
  8. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  9. I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.: I like Friday 13th, I guess. 26e1253e-aaa9-4087-aa46-461337ebeaf9