Disappointed with the backwards compatibility

Discus and support Disappointed with the backwards compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought two games recently, sonic heroes and sonic mega collection plus. The only xbox I own is an xbox one x. I was personally incredibly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aiden Pearson-Gee, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Disappointed with the backwards compatibility

I bought two games recently, sonic heroes and sonic mega collection plus. The only xbox I own is an xbox one x. I was personally incredibly disappointed that I seemed to have wasted my money on two games that I can’t play. A lot of the sonic games are backwards compatible already, so why not add all of the sonic games? Thanks for your time.

:)

Aiden Pearson-Gee, Aug 18, 2022
  2. AuraWolf Win User

Spider man game not on Xbox one

It's not backwards compatible as of this moment I'm sorry to disappoint.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Massive problems with the backward compatible

If it is not in the backward compatibility list then it is not supported. Sorry if that is a disappointment to you.
  4. Starseid Win User

Please I would love A backwards compatibility game to be added

Sorry to disappoint but the Backwards Compatibility team is currently on hold for development of the Xbox Series X. Ultimately the ability of the game to be backwards compatible with Xbox One and series X fall to the publisher or developer. I suggest reaching
    out whatever developer or company that holds the rights to the game so that if the backwards compatibility program resumes, then it can be put into consideration.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Disappointed backward compatibility

Hi, as much as Microsoft would love to put Kinect games on the backward comaptibility, it's just not possible due to the Xbox One Kinect using different technology that is not compatible with Xbox 360 Kinect games. As for other games like the Lego series
    of games, some of them are compatible (Star Wars TCS, Pirates of the Caribbean, Batman, Indiana Jones). If you would like more of these games to be made compatible, then vote for them on the xbox feedback site
    xbox.uservoice.com the more votes they get, the more chance they are made compatible. Be aware though that it is the decision of the publisher to allow the games to be made compatible.
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Aiden! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I understand how important it is for you to be able to play these games on newer consoles. Unfortunately, in November of last year, Xbox announced no further games would be added to the Backward Compatibility program due to licensing, legal and technical constraints.

"While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints. Thank you for being part of this journey with us."

You can see the official announcement at: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/15/70-new-b...

If you'd like to submit Ideas and Requests for the Xbox team, you may do it through the Xbox Idea Hub at: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a "PUP" (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Disappointed with the backwards compatibility - Similar Threads - Disappointed backwards compatibility

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. I'm very disappointed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very disappointed: Last week I posted a question regarding my sudden inability to use the Game Bar. I received an answer asking that I provide additional information which I immediately did. Since which time I have...
  4. Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...: Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to find put I can't play them on Xbox x! e314ee1d-f95c-4d5a-b79b-6abd832dcac2
  5. Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance

in XboX Insiders
    Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance: Switching to the PS5. Very disappointing experience on the series x for me! Slow UI downloads stop and run again, very slow connection. Games like Far Cry 6 freeze for 1-3 seconds full and then...
  6. How disappointing can it get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How disappointing can it get?: Bought an xbox series s and two controllers to play some diablo 4 and pass some time with a friend that has gone through a really hard time. He couldnt wait, his best friend was coming over to...
  7. Microsoft, you are disappointing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, you are disappointing!: Dear Microsoft, Thank you for ruining every Forza Horizon installment (And of course, everything that used to work well in the past), that has been released on PCs with your terrible Windows...
  8. Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.: I got my xbox series S $250. At first I was pretty happy with it, got gamepass and saw my many options with the new optimization, so I started downloading. I have a 2TB harddrive I spent $80 on,...
  9. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  10. I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.: I like Friday 13th, I guess. 26e1253e-aaa9-4087-aa46-461337ebeaf9