Disappointed with Refund Policy / Hacked Account Support

Discus and support Disappointed with Refund Policy / Hacked Account Support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Earlier this week, I received an email stating that I had purchased an Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital Code) for $24.99. I didn't do this, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OscarBravo330, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Disappointed with Refund Policy / Hacked Account Support

Earlier this week, I received an email stating that I had purchased an Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital Code) for $24.99. I didn't do this, and nobody has access to my Xbox so I checked online. My account showed suspicious logins from a different state so I changed my password and went through their process to report the activity and secure my account again. After that, I decided to try and cancel the order or get a refund since this was a fraudulent purchase. I had 2 different calls, 1 with the store support and 1 with Xbox support. I completed the refund request as instructed, but was just given a generic decline stating,

"I'm following up on your refund request. We're really sorry we can't give you a refund.

Our refund policy doesn't allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding."

I didn't redeem the code. I have an auto-payment setup for Game Pass Ultimate so I wouldn't buy/use Xbox Live Gold. This leads to my two main points of frustration.

1. Xbox Live Gold is a digital product that basically would cost them nothing to refund me as a loyal Microsoft customer that was wronged. Giving me my $25 back would be a nice gesture and cost them nothing when you look at other situations like their own employee stealing $10 million in codes.

2. Why is there zero attempt to do anything about it or any kind of effort towards punishing these people? Microsoft knows the login of the offender. Microsoft should be able to see who redeemed the code so why not ban that account or punish them. If I didn't redeem it, the account that redeemed the code is either the hacker or somebody who purchased the code from an illegitimate source. They can clearly see that I didn't redeem it.

Have other people had similar experiences? Should Microsoft do more when people indicate they have had unauthorized access on their account. It's great that they have two-factor authentication and pins before purchases if you want, but that doesn't mean it is the customer's fault if somebody else is doing something illegal or breaking the terms of service. The refund request form does not even give an option for an unauthorized purchase by somebody you do not know or the ability to state that you were hacked. The customer service representative instructs you to choose "Other known adult," which is untrue to the circumstances and allows them to make it your fault since you are admitting to knowing who made the purchase.

:)

OscarBravo330, Jul 11, 2021
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox live ban

The thing is this Did you contact xbox support to let them know that your account was hacked and there was unauthorized charges on your account?

Or did you just go straight to your bank and dispute the charges?

If you went straight to your bank Microsoft sees that as trying to get around their refund policies and as marketplace theft.
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Refund

I don't think thats how Microsoft's refund policy works im affraid, unless you haven't played the game and its unopened. Sorry to disappoint you.
  4. Omar Safaan Win User

I got hacked and Im unable to recover my account so can anyone help.

if then thanks microsoft because I got robbed, microsoft approved I got robbed but dont return the account and they talk about the policy and stupid stuff and that they cant give me the email address of the person that hacked me then at least give me minecraft account worth money and you know the gamertag.. very dumb to say because there was a security information change you cant transfer an accoun like now anyone as they hack a person they will immediately change security information which immediately makes account recovery impossible.. disappointed forever in microsoft especially that a member told me that transferring an account is possible so bascially the customer support are liars.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Live currency balance set to expire

The ffeexback forum is the only place where you can request a feature or policy change not a refund

Support can only do what their policys state and the policy is no refunds on balances only certain subscriptions
  6. ngocphi Win User

Trying to Refund game that is full of bugs and freezes but microsoft won't contact me what do I do?

You will have to Contact the devs and support can't give you a refund

Playong more thenn 2 hours doesn't qualify you a refund

You can try at account.Microsoft.com for a refund under purchAse history but keep in mind they do watch for patterna

If you abuse the refund policy it can affect your buying ability Sony's policy is less the 2hours game time too

Refund policy is only done thru the offline team since customer support can't see your time in game etc
Thema:

Disappointed with Refund Policy / Hacked Account Support

1. Disappointed with Refund Policy / Hacked Account Support - Similar Threads - Disappointed Refund Policy

2. WMR refunds

in XBoX on Windows
    WMR refunds: Is Microsoft going to refund us users of WMR for hardware and software purchased via the Microsoft store? Announcing that you are just going to brick our hardware and take away our PURCHASED...
  3. I'm very disappointed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very disappointed: Last week I posted a question regarding my sudden inability to use the Game Bar. I received an answer asking that I provide additional information which I immediately did. Since which time I have...
  4. Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...: Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to find put I can't play them on Xbox x! e314ee1d-f95c-4d5a-b79b-6abd832dcac2
  5. Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance

in XboX Insiders
    Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance: Switching to the PS5. Very disappointing experience on the series x for me! Slow UI downloads stop and run again, very slow connection. Games like Far Cry 6 freeze for 1-3 seconds full and then...
  6. How disappointing can it get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How disappointing can it get?: Bought an xbox series s and two controllers to play some diablo 4 and pass some time with a friend that has gone through a really hard time. He couldnt wait, his best friend was coming over to...
  7. Microsoft, you are disappointing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, you are disappointing!: Dear Microsoft, Thank you for ruining every Forza Horizon installment (And of course, everything that used to work well in the past), that has been released on PCs with your terrible Windows...
  8. Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.: I got my xbox series S $250. At first I was pretty happy with it, got gamepass and saw my many options with the new optimization, so I started downloading. I have a 2TB harddrive I spent $80 on,...
  9. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  10. I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.: I like Friday 13th, I guess. 26e1253e-aaa9-4087-aa46-461337ebeaf9