Disappointed in my Xbox One

Discus and support Disappointed in my Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to say that I'm very disappointed with my Xbox One. I was a playstation fan until the very original Xbox came out. I purchased one brand new,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JesusDrivesAnM3, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Disappointed in my Xbox One

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with my Xbox One. I was a playstation fan until the very original Xbox came out. I purchased one brand new, the disc drive broke. I later upgraded to a brand new 360, I got the infamous red rings, got it replaced
    from Microsoft. I bought an Xbox 1 less than a year ago and I am continuously having issues with it. One of these issues I addressed with Xbox customer service on multiple occasions, one time I was stuck in the online chat for around an hour, and I ended
    up having the representative tell me they could do nothing for me each time and I was even disconnected by the representative after 30 minutes of communications (I was polite and no foul language or insults were made).

I am being 100% honest and have been a die hard Xbox fan since the beginning but am really losing hope and am very close to going back to PlayStation after skipping the PS2, PS3 & PS4. I'll start from the beginning:

1.) I bought my console brand new, less than a year ago. I got it set up. Every single day I would have connectivity issues with the controller. No matter how many times I'd turn the controller off and on, I couldn't get it to start the system or even
    sync with the system after having the system on. I was very disappointed. Some days it would work. Others it would take 20 minutes to finally get it to sync with the console. I was not going to spend $60 for another controller when I just bought a brand
    new console.

2.) Later, I ended up spending some gift cards on the online store. I later lost all of my progress from a lot of my games. After playing Forza Horizon 3 for a WHILE, I lost everything. I was devastated as I had every car I wanted. I even lost progress
    on other games which was very upsetting. I tried contacting Microsoft support on multiple occasions, 2 times I was told there was nothing they could do for me and the third I was disconnected on purpose. It was very upsetting as all my progress randomly
    disappeared and I even lost actual money spent on the game and nobody would help me. After all, I spent around $300 for my Xbox and was hoping it would feel like what I paid for it.

3.) Currently, my Xbox has been having connectivity issues. I have it plugged into my router which has been otherwise flawless. I will have to turn the console off, (remove the power supply), disconnect the ethernet cable, plug everything back in, and
    hope it works. I repeat until done. I have never dropped, banged, harmed or taken apart my console. There's no reason why it should be doing this. Anything else that gets connected to my router when my Xbox has an issues connects just fine.

4.) My console has still deleted progress, but in certain intervals. At times I will randomly lose huge gaps of progress from games and there is no way to get it back. It's frustrating and makes me not want to continue to play any more. I thought this
    would have been fixed.

5.) My console randomly turns itself on at night. I do not have any voice activation configured on my console currently. I have my controller batteries out at night, and my console STILL turns itself on. It can be annoying when it happens while I'm asleep
    and it makes me want to not leave it plugged in. What is going on?

I am not a picky person. I've always been loyal to the brand. I'm not the person that demands to speak to the manager. I've always defended Xbox and always been happy to have an Xbox product in my household despite the previous issues with my
    other consoles, but I am very saddened and upset by this. I feel as though I bought a brand new car and came home with a lemon. Nothing works when I want it to. I want to stay loyal, but at the moment, I have no reason to. I would really like to see Microsoft
    try and make this right, but I do not know if anyone will.

Ian

:)

JesusDrivesAnM3, Oct 17, 2017
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Is the Xbox One Really Worth Purchasing Right Now?

I am so disappointed with my xbox one I traded it in for a PS4 last night.

x24hrs2livex, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Verachi
    Verachi Guest
    I really hope gamers will take a step back...

I'm extremely disappointed with Xbox one. The kinnect is one of many reasons why I'm disappointed with it. I don't like the kinnect and I don't want one shoved down my throat with xbox one. I'm seriously debating about going back to Sony. Hopefully
    E3 will give us good news.

Verachi, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey JesusDrivesAnM3! I am sorry to hear about the issues you've been seeing! Because its multiple issues that have occurred for a long time, I would suggest sending the console in for repair to have it fully assessed. Otherwise, Is the console plugged directly
    in to a wall outlet or is it plugged in to a powerstrip of some kind? Do you get an error message or code when trying to connect to the network with a wired connection? Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey JesusDrivesAnM3! I am sorry to hear about the issues you've been seeing! Because its multiple issues that have occurred for a long time, I would suggest sending the console in for repair to have it fully assessed. Otherwise, Is the console plugged directly
    in to a wall outlet or is it plugged in to a powerstrip of some kind? Do you get an error message or code when trying to connect to the network with a wired connection? Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. Verachi Win User

I really hope gamers will take a step back...

I'm extremely disappointed with Xbox one. The kinnect is one of many reasons why I'm disappointed with it. I don't like the kinnect and I don't want one shoved down my throat with xbox one. I'm seriously debating about going back to Sony. Hopefully
    E3 will give us good news.
  7. Jaymo1978 Win User

My disappointment with my Xbox One system.

Ugh... I'm sorry. I didn't know they had specific repairs for which they wouldn't allow advanced exchange....
  8. Gamex0ver Win User

When I was requesting servicing of my console and Kinect, it said that my repair was not eligible for Advanced Exchange.
  9. Jaymo1978 Win User

Hi Gamex0ver! I'm sorry to hear about this, and can completely understand your disappointment. While sending your console in for repair/exchange does sound like it's going to be your only option, let me ask, have you heard of Advanced Exchange? If so, is
    that something you would be able to do? If not, the way it works is, you contact Xbox Support and ask for an advanced exchange. They will take your credit card number (I recommend this instead of a debit card, and I'll explain why) and put a "temporary hold"
    on the price of the console, and ship you a replacement IMMEDIATELY. This should mean you would have your console in time for the holidays.

Then, when you receive the replacement, you ship the bad one back to them, and when they receive your old damaged console, they remove the hold on the money on your Credit Card. A lot of people balk at this idea, thinking they're "paying money" to get a
    broken console fixed. Technically, they never charge you the money, UNLESS you fail to return the bad console. This is how they protect themselves from people trying to get a second system and never ship back the first.

The reason I strongly recommend using a credit card vs. a debit card is, your debit card ties to your bank account. When they place the $350 hold (I think that's what it is now) on your account, if you've used your debit card, that will decrease your available
    checking by $350 as a "pending charge," which is basically like spending the $350 and getting it refunded later, since you can't use that $350 of your own money until MS receives your broken console back. By using a Credit Card instead, they're just placing
    a temporary hold on $350 of CREDIT, not your actual money, so it doesn't crimp your bank account.

I know this isn't a perfect solution, but I can identify with wanting to spend quality time with family, and was thinking this might be a way to help you get what you want. Let me know!
Thema:

1. Disappointed in my Xbox One - Similar Threads - Disappointed

2. I'm very disappointed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very disappointed: Last week I posted a question regarding my sudden inability to use the Game Bar. I received an answer asking that I provide additional information which I immediately did. Since which time I have...
  3. Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...: Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to find put I can't play them on Xbox x! e314ee1d-f95c-4d5a-b79b-6abd832dcac2
  4. Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance

in XboX Insiders
    Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance: Switching to the PS5. Very disappointing experience on the series x for me! Slow UI downloads stop and run again, very slow connection. Games like Far Cry 6 freeze for 1-3 seconds full and then...
  5. How disappointing can it get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How disappointing can it get?: Bought an xbox series s and two controllers to play some diablo 4 and pass some time with a friend that has gone through a really hard time. He couldnt wait, his best friend was coming over to...
  6. Microsoft, you are disappointing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, you are disappointing!: Dear Microsoft, Thank you for ruining every Forza Horizon installment (And of course, everything that used to work well in the past), that has been released on PCs with your terrible Windows...
  7. Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.: I got my xbox series S $250. At first I was pretty happy with it, got gamepass and saw my many options with the new optimization, so I started downloading. I have a 2TB harddrive I spent $80 on,...
  8. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  9. I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.: I like Friday 13th, I guess. 26e1253e-aaa9-4087-aa46-461337ebeaf9