Direct HDMI connection not working

Discus and support Direct HDMI connection not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got a unique issue and I'm pleading with anyone for assistance. My Xbox One s shows NO image when connected to any screen using HDMI cable,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dino at SouthSide Papi, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Direct HDMI connection not working

I've got a unique issue and I'm pleading with anyone for assistance.

My Xbox One s shows NO image when connected to any screen using HDMI cable, however, when an HDMI to AV converter is connected it displays just fine. I have changed the HDMI CABLE, done a soft and hard reset, ive also done a a display reset. Nothing helps.

:)

Dino at SouthSide Papi, Jul 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dino

May I know if you tried performing an offline update for your console?

In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch, just in case there are some cached files that wasn't deleted using the regular factory reset

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

----

Also, may I know if you tried changing the resolution to see if the issue persists no matter which one you select?

I'll be waiting for you reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. nadesico33 Win User

HDMI HDTV issue

Tried resetting display settings, didn't work. Tested on other HDTV (direct connection with HDMI, different cable), worked fine. Retested on my HDTV, through receiver with different cable, not fine. Retested with same cable, direct connection, worked.

Issue, won't display properly on HDTV when passed through receiver, even though it had as of about midnight CST, while other HDMI devices connected to receiver have no problems. This is an issue because my HDTV only has one HDMI port.
  4. El1teDan Win User

Variable refresh rate is grey out

Does doby atmos work with optical though?

Is there a way I can connect hdmi direct into the tv and into the amp so I can get doby atmos? may be hdmi splitter box?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Does a 144hz monitor detect an Xbox Series X?

May I know if you have tried switching the ends of the HDMI cables? Some HDMI cables have directional flows for signal, so connecting it the other way around would make it not work properly.
  6. BulletClubKO Win User

4K HDR help

So i fixed it. after some trial and error, i figured i would disconnect the 4k hdmi splitter i have. my tv has 2 ports,ps4 was direct. where as switch and xbox one s were connected to that splitter that was connected to the tv.

so did direct xbox to tv and voila. worked.

so that now leads to anyone know a good hdmi splitter?

this was off amazon and called 4K HDMi 5 to 1. clearly it didnt do its job well as it cut out direct 4k feed capabilities.
Thema:

1. Direct HDMI connection not working - Similar Threads - Direct HDMI connection

2. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  3. i have a direct deposit authorization form?

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a direct deposit authorization form?: i have a direct deposit authorization form from my cash app to authorize Microsoft to pay me where do i send this direct deposit form to Microsoft what is their email address so i can send it to...
  4. Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?: I have a 5tb external hard-drive. I have it formated for the xbox series x. I have it almost full with games, but only some will play directly from it. Others I have to constantly swap back and...
  5. The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Microsoft Direct Xbox page or link are not working at my end on the website how it can...: The Xbox Directly Xbox page or the link are not working at my end on the website can you please fix this problem on the solution and put the work as soon as possibe. Because the Xbox gamers are...
  6. Anyone know a direct number to xbox support uk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know a direct number to xbox support uk?: Anyone know a direct number to xbox support uk? 28a5c67b-d173-431f-a6e9-5be3ba7ecb5c
  7. pls add the feature to directly stream to youtube from xbox it would be so useful

in XBoX on Windows
    pls add the feature to directly stream to youtube from xbox it would be so useful: if you would add this it would make it so much easier to stream to youtube. By doing this you would get more xbox gamers live streaming hence getting you free advertisement....
  8. Where to direct a report that isn't captured by "Report A Problem"

in XboX Insiders
    Where to direct a report that isn't captured by "Report A Problem": Hi, I subscribe to the RSS feed of XBox Insiders, which have been talking about audio problems as an ongoing issue for a while. Is there any place to submit a more detailed report about this (as...
  9. How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...: Hello my name is Daniel and I'd like to report a player/account. And I know you can via xbox but not for this specific action. The player extorted pretty much not "literally" cause I know this is...
  10. No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails: Seven year old setup: "S" console with Kinect and HD DVD external drive. HDMI connected directly to Panasonic Viera P54G25. TosLink to a Sony V333ES receiver. Life was good for seven years....