Dimming while watching Netflix. Just started yesterday. Any fix for it?

Discus and support Dimming while watching Netflix. Just started yesterday. Any fix for it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just had noticed it yesterday that after a few minutes (30min) it dims to where it is hard to watch a movie and I have to move a stick just to have the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Widener, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Widener
    Widener Guest

Just had noticed it yesterday that after a few minutes (30min) it dims to where it is hard to watch a movie and I have to move a stick just to have the progress bar of the movie pop up. Heaven forbid if I accidently touch a button during this time backing out of the movie and having to resume it.. ANNOYINGLY AGGRAVATING!!!!! Have checked everything and it's not been changed. It's like it isn't recognizing that a movie is playing.

:)

Widener, Mar 21, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

If the problem is on the Xbox, unfortunately, a technician needs to solve the problem.
  3. Ken Gelbach Win User

I bought the new xbox a couple months ago and the screen was dimming on Netflix, I reset and did everything online I could find over and over and it started working correctly a few weeks. Just yesterday the screen started dimming after about 10 seconds on everything.

My 4k TV is about 2 years old. Well I never used the TV with the internet connection, but set up the wireless wifi and downloaded the latest Sharp update. It's working
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. Widener Win User

Didn't work. I even tried on 2 other tv's and a gaming monitor and it still dimmed. It is the Xbox that is the issue.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Check your TV settings: If you are using a TV to watch content on your Xbox Series X, check your TV settings to make sure that any power-saving modes are turned off. Also, make sure that the HDMI input you are using to connect your Xbox is set to a mode that allows for HDR and 4K content, if applicable.

Reset the display settings: You can try resetting the display settings on your Xbox Series X console. To do this, go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow 4K > Allow HDR. Make sure that both of these options are turned on. Then, go to Advanced video settings > Video fidelity & overscan > Display > Calibrate HDR for games. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your display.
Thema:

1. Dimming while watching Netflix. Just started yesterday. Any fix for it? - Similar Threads - Dimming while watching

2. Starfield loads to black screen. With a dim slowly rotating circle,lower right hand .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield loads to black screen. With a dim slowly rotating circle,lower right hand .: Starfield loads to black screen.dim rotating circle lower right. Restarted 3 times 5209d5cd-0791-431f-a89a-a5b2347f81a1
  3. Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.: Adding on to the ASA crashing reports. Playing Deep Rock and it crashes my Xbox, blinking lights, when I try to play. Only happened after the latest update. On top of that, if I can manage to play...
  4. Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

in XBoX on Windows
    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,: Running all the correct cables and settings, bar turning off HDR, as I shouldn't have to change settings every time I want to watch one app. But Amazon Prime, 10 minutes into any show and it...
  5. Xbox Series S keeps dimming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S keeps dimming: So this just started happening recently. My Xbox series S keeps dimming after 30 mins when watching Netflix. It only does it with Netflix, when I watch Hulu or YouTube it’s fine and never does it....
  6. Screen dimming issue with 4k/hdr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen dimming issue with 4k/hdr: I have an Xbox series X and an LG gaming monitor which have always worked great. Recently, I did a reset on the Xbox to clear the cache. Since then, every time I log into a game, it is super dim...
  7. How to dim/disable the LED on XBOX one controller, connected to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to dim/disable the LED on XBOX one controller, connected to pc: I want to use an xbox controller, but the LED is blindingly bright. On console it is possible to dim the light, why not on pc? I am not putting electrical tape over my brand new starfield...
  8. My Xbox wouldn’t cut on just a really dimmed light on the console then I unplugged and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wouldn’t cut on just a really dimmed light on the console then I unplugged and...: My Xbox wouldn’t cut on just a really dimmed light on the console then I unplugged and plugged it back in and it sparked from the inside and it still won’t cut on what do I do?...
  9. Screen is extremely dim while game streaming.

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen is extremely dim while game streaming.: When I stream games to my pc it is dimmed to the point that I can't see anything, all my auto dim settings are turned off, I have reset the xbox, the router, and the computer. My brightness is all...
  10. Screen goes dim while watching tv

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen goes dim while watching tv: After watching live tv for about 15 minutes, the screen goes dim and I have to either turn on my xbox one controller and hit a button or make a voice command to wake my xbox up. Is there a setting...