Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time?

Discus and support Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by C00L80L7x24601, Feb 8, 2015.

  1. Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time?


    I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app, and the TV tuner uses the
    TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through the XB1's USB port AND
    an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch back and forth between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!

    :)
     
    C00L80L7x24601, Feb 8, 2015
    #1
  2. Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out

    I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app, and the TV tuner uses the
    TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through the XB1's USB port AND
    an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch back and forth between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!
     
    C00L80L7x24601, Feb 8, 2015
    #2
  3. USB Digital TV Tuner no longer finds any channels after disconnecting, reconnecting and rescanning

    This may be irrelevant, but I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app,
    and the TV tuner uses the TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through
    the XB1's USB port AND an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!
     
    C00L80L7x24601, Feb 8, 2015
    #3
  4. BenYafai
    BenYafai Guest

    Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time?

    Yes you can, the HDMI shows up like any other channel in the OneGuide...

    With Kinect you would say "Xbox watch HDMI" just as you would watch any other channel (e.g. "Xbox watch BBC Two").

    I do this with a Chromecast plugged i to the HDMI-In port.
     
    BenYafai, Mar 25, 2015
    #4
  5. C00L80L7x24601 Win User

    USB Digital TV Tuner no longer finds any channels after disconnecting, reconnecting and rescanning

    This may be irrelevant, but I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360 games, I have to use the TV app,
    and the TV tuner uses the TV app as well in order to work. I also understand that when you plug in the TV tuner, the OneGuide separates the TV tuner channels from the "HDMI content". My question is this: if I have a TV tuner with a coax cable connected through
    the XB1's USB port AND an Xbox 360 connected through the XB1'S HDMI-in port (both at the same time), can I switch between my Xbox 360 and my TV tuner when using the TV app? Thanks for the help!
  6. BenYafai Win User

    Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time?

    Yes you can, the HDMI shows up like any other channel in the OneGuide...

    With Kinect you would say "Xbox watch HDMI" just as you would watch any other channel (e.g. "Xbox watch BBC Two").

    I do this with a Chromecast plugged i to the HDMI-In port.
  7. tohellnbak Win User

    Xbox One Cable/Directv Question

    Take the HDMI cable that runs from the back of your TV tuner out of the back of the TV and then plug it into the HDMI IN on the back of the XB1.. the XB1's out wire then goers to your TV. Both the XB1 and your DTV Tuner will run off of that single wire...
  8. FireCorn8002599 Win User

    Picture size crazy since update

    It's a Microsoft USB tv tuner specifically for the Xbox. The aerial goes into it and then it gets plugged into the Xbox. The tv is connected to the HDMI output.
  9. BlackSheriff84 Win User

    Xbox One Live Tv

    The digital tv tuner was released to selected European countries, UK , France and Spain. Haven"t herd about it being released in Australia please provide link to source.

    The digital tuner plugs into a usb port instead of the hdmi port. Its great if you don't have satellite or cable tv but as far as I know if you do its no solution.
Thema:

Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time?

Loading...
  1. Digital TV Tuner (USB) and Xbox 360 (HDMI-in) Plugged Into XB1 At the Same Time? - Similar Threads - Digital Tuner USB

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....