Digital pricing structure in the UK..

Discus and support Digital pricing structure in the UK.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; OK so i have to ask, What's with the digital pricing structure in the UK.? $29.99 in the US which is about £19 but in the UK it's £29.99..?? WTF Even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by o Big Rich o, Mar 26, 2014.

  1. o Big Rich o
    o Big Rich o Guest

    Digital pricing structure in the UK..


    OK so i have to ask, What's with the digital pricing structure in the UK.?

    $29.99 in the US which is about £19 but in the UK it's £29.99..?? WTF Even when you add UK tax at 20% surely the price should be £23..!!

    :)
     
    o Big Rich o, Mar 26, 2014
    #1
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Will we EVER get decent pricing for digital games from Microsoft (UK)?

    If you look at MS published games, their pricing is in line with retailer pricing. Other games such as COD, BF, Destiny are published by 3rd parties hence the price disparity.

    Long story short, publishers are sticking it to my UK friends with digital prices. Its like they go out of their way to ensure you guys dont buy digital.
     
    x24hrs2livex, Mar 26, 2014
    #2
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    What do you think

    A good service but with a poor pricing structure.
     
    voteDC, Mar 26, 2014
    #3
  4. bandyb123
    bandyb123 Guest

    Digital pricing structure in the UK..

    I'd put it down to either of the following:

    Cameron's way of subtly telling us we are all obese (stereotyping gamers) and making sure we have less money to spend on junk food.

    Or - Due to the Uni fee price hike we are all to poor to get a decent education so companies just assume we are too thick to notice.

    Either way I buy my games second hand at these prices as they still come with a 12 month warranty, haven't had a problem yet.
     
    bandyb123, Apr 4, 2014
    #4
  5. bandyb123 Win User

    Digital pricing structure in the UK..

    I'd put it down to either of the following:

    Cameron's way of subtly telling us we are all obese (stereotyping gamers) and making sure we have less money to spend on junk food.

    Or - Due to the Uni fee price hike we are all to poor to get a decent education so companies just assume we are too thick to notice.

    Either way I buy my games second hand at these prices as they still come with a 12 month warranty, haven't had a problem yet.
  6. Hey Lunch Money Win User
  7. Argontheos Win User

    EA Access (Xbox one Exclusive)

    The problem will be the pricing of the content coupled with the sub fee. At least, for the UK, if Origin's UK prices are anything to go by. EA are delusional when it comes to sticking price tags on digital content. (>_0)
  8. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    Why should I buy an XB1 ?

    When the games in the UK haven't got release dates, they are listed upto £54, however the prices go down towards the release date, so while they can be listed at higher prices they generally aren't sold for that amount in the UK.

    www.gamestop.co.uk/.../tom-clancys-the-division

    This is very likely to drop the nearer it gets to launch.

    However Digital games on the other hand the prices have increased, and in the US there is no price difference between physical and digital, however in the UK the digital price is much higher than physical.
  9. ZombieDeano Win User

    Xbox Digital download pricing

    I always buy the cheapest option, which at the moment is discs. The digital pricing in the UK is a joke. If the physical discs were the same price as digital, my gaming would come to a grinding halt. There is no way i'm going to pay £55-£59 ($94-$101) for
    a standard game. NEVER.

    I understand the costs involved in providing a digital game but it doesn't change the fact that it's too expensive. I really can't imagine that many people buying full price digital versions in the UK. It's a total ripoff.
Thema:

Digital pricing structure in the UK..

Loading...
  1. Digital pricing structure in the UK.. - Similar Threads - Digital pricing structure

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....