Digital Game Doesn’t Start

Discus and support Digital Game Doesn’t Start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve bought a new series S. I’ve already got a series x which is my home console. The S is in the bedroom. I’ve downloaded FIFA 23 which is bought... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kan.Grewal, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Kan.Grewal
    Kan.Grewal Guest

I’ve bought a new series S. I’ve already got a series x which is my home console. The S is in the bedroom.

I’ve downloaded FIFA 23 which is bought digitally on my X… but it just won’t start.

It loads the Fifa 23 splash screen and then bombs out to the dashboard. Every time. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled.

I’ve reset the console (keep games and full reset). Internet connection is fine as the game download fine. Tried another game from game pass and that started fine.

I’m at a loss. Help please!

:)

Kan.Grewal, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Kan.Grewal Win User

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, and apologies for the delay in responding - there was a lot to try there!

Ok, well, I've tried it all and none of it is working. The console is wired to the router. Tried wireless, couple of different networks, tried both DNS entries that you suggested, tried my phone as a hotspot, still the same.

Cleared the MAC address, removed my profile and readded it - and still nothing. As soon as I go into the game, it stays on the splash screen for a bit and then quits to the dashboard.

What else can I try?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kan.Grewal

May I know if you already tried power cycling your console as well?

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

If yes and if that doesn’t work, give this a try:

A. Try using a completely different Wi-Fi network
    For this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and connect the S in that way

B. Can be a bit odd but try using a custom DNS address:
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try
  4. coco meat train Win User

Anyone experiencing problems with Xbox Gold Free games conflicting with already installed games? More a headsup

Yeah I ran into this with Rare Replay. That game doesn’t have one launcher, it has several. I owned it on disc and got it digital through a Mixer program. Now all of those game launcher icons have doubles and there no way to tell which is disc and which
    is digital. I should just delete everything and start it over no disc but should it really be this hard?
  5. AnimalSiren774 Win User

Digitial vs Physical Copy?

Always digital. It saves space, doesn’t degrade, and is instant!
  6. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Fortnite doesn’t start

Hey there, SkintTugboat502

This sounds like the download files for Fortnite have become corrupt. Please go to: My Games and Apps > Select Fortnite > Uninstall

Then go to Ready to Install and install Fortnite again.

This should, once downloaded, work for you.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Thema:

1. Digital Game Doesn’t Start - Similar Threads - Digital Game Doesn’t

2. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  3. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  4. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  5. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...
  6. Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?: AT this point our library isn't going to mean much going forward would love a way to sell off my games. He said it at on of the old E3 I think. 6445dbf6-2211-4ec7-8585-32e8edf2ebc1
  7. is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...: when i try downloading the games it just stops midway and says installation stopped now i dont know if this is a problem with the cd or with the disk drive (xbox one)...
  8. digital game refund

in XBoX on Windows
    digital game refund: I requested a digital game refund which was accepted, its been more than two weeks and i'm still waiting for the refund. aacb9b69-a4d2-47e1-b262-48279c3cdf28
  9. So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...: I just want my money back. 569c5ef8-1cfe-40a3-ae6f-939f76fc411f
  10. Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.: I have a Skylanders Trap Team disk and it doesn’t work anymore, I tried to fixing it and buying it on the Microsoft store on the Xbox but it’s unavailable. Is it possible to add the digital game...