Digital Game Code Compatibility

Discus and support Digital Game Code Compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I buy a digital game code labeled as an Xbox One code, will it work on the Xbox Series X? b8a70578-4b29-479e-bc3f-5879a92d9523 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RFosselius, Dec 5, 2021.

1. RFosselius
    RFosselius Guest

If I buy a digital game code labeled as an Xbox One code, will it work on the Xbox Series X?

:)

RFosselius, Dec 5, 2021
  2. blueamcat Win User

Halo Reach DL Code on Xbox One

Hi there! It will work. You can also redeem codes on the website. ;)

Both disc and digital games work with backward compatibility.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Yes, the code will work normally, all games originally made for Xbox One will work on Xbox Series S/X. Just out of curiosity which game are you talking about?

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community.
  4. MeTooooLong Win User

Dark Souls 1 code missing

I pre ordered dark souls 3 on February 17th. I am aware that pre ordering this game digitally came with a code for the dark souls backwards compatible game. It has been thirteen days and still no code.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Digital code compatibility

Since you live in an unsupported region, it's not guaranteed to work.
  6. Giovanni_77 Win User

XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

Hello,

Yes, my XBOX ONE-S version is however a digital version (I normally download games from the store with reedimable codes), but I read about an "all digital version" without internal hard-disk and here I'm supposing (or hoping) in different rules for external USB the data storage support/compatibility.

Anyway, your answer confirm me that I can't, but I continue to be confused about the thirdy party vendors that sells disc games claiming for XBOX ONE-S compatibility.... It is impossible to play without a digital code!

Thank you anyway...
Thema:

1. Digital Game Code Compatibility - Similar Threads - Digital Game Code

2. Game I redeemed with digital code is no where to be found on my system. Where can I find it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game I redeemed with digital code is no where to be found on my system. Where can I find it?: Ok. So this is silly of me…or not. I redeemed a digital code for a new game for my son. However, I redeemed the code through my cell phone. I was prompted that the game would be automatically...
  3. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  4. Error code 0x803f800c on a digital game I OWN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x803f800c on a digital game I OWN: Hi, today I tried to open Forza Horizon 4, a game I owned for about 3 years through the xbox home thinghy and a friend of mine. My xbox is set up as the xbox home. However a notification said i...
  5. Does a game code act like a digital copy of the game? If so, does that mean I can share it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does a game code act like a digital copy of the game? If so, does that mean I can share it...: Does a game code act like a digital copy of the game? If so, does that mean I can share it with family sharing? If I buy a game with a paper code, then will I be able to download that same game...
  6. Error code: 0x800705b4. Unable to play any digital games on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x800705b4. Unable to play any digital games on Xbox Series X.: I am unable to launch anything, online or offline. The store pages don’t allow me to click to download new games, and games I already had no longer launch and instead give me the error code:...
  7. When will I receive my redemption code for Xbox game pass digital purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will I receive my redemption code for Xbox game pass digital purchase: Hi! I purchased the game pass online but haven’t received a redemption code. When will I receive that? 63e254e0-eb2f-456b-ad00-78b6d59e6a45
  8. Do I get a digital code after buying a game from the Xbox website

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I get a digital code after buying a game from the Xbox website: Do I get a code or the game disc is sent to my location 633386fc-7316-44cc-854a-b7c74a88afa0
  9. I got a WZ 2.0 code from game stop and it only had 19 digits

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got a WZ 2.0 code from game stop and it only had 19 digits: I whent to game stop to get 2400 cp for WZ and the code was 19 digests and it came on the receipt when I whent tohad 25 digests so I can't use what I bought and game stop can't give me my money...
  10. If you have a game on your account that you got digitally using a Redeem Code, when you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you have a game on your account that you got digitally using a Redeem Code, when you...: I'm wondering in case I have to deleted a few games to make up some space, never really had a lot of games activated digitally. 276e8e46-4e2e-41d2-86dc-1df5882d9645