digital free games

Discus and support digital free games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; for the past 3 days ive tried to install digital free games that i got from the xbox store onto my xbox one. One game installed and the other 3 I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by olliepandabear-F2C98121-2274-4DD5-BB7A-5FB3EFD430F, Dec 31, 2015.

1. digital free games

for the past 3 days ive tried to install digital free games that i got from the xbox store onto my xbox one. One game installed and the other 3 I'm having problems with. One of the 3 games got to 60% and stopped. That was 3 days ago so i tried installing
    one of the other games and it wouldnt install. Same with the other game. Its been doing this for 3 days. It would stop installing then i would try to install again and it again would stop installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really frustrated.
    I tried installing them offline too and the installation keeps stopping.

:)

olliepandabear-F2C98121-2274-4DD5-BB7A-5FB3EFD430F, Dec 31, 2015
  2. ColtonTurnbo
    ColtonTurnbo Guest
    Free Fall

no free fall with digital purchase : ( can't preorder a digital game

ColtonTurnbo, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Digital free games

Can I re- download an old free game from xbox gold I have deleted on xbox one ?

polinos-[xboxvenue], Dec 31, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

digital free games

Sorry to hear it. Which games are they? Are you getting any type of error code when this happens? Have you tried power cycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down or checking to see if there's an update for
    the console pending?

onyxishere, Jan 3, 2016
  5. ColtonTurnbo Win User

Free Fall

no free fall with digital purchase : ( can't preorder a digital game
  6. street2234 Win User

Digital free games

yes it should appear in my games menu in the section ready to install.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Digital free games

Yes you can so long as it was added via the account you're trying to download from. If it's a backwards compatible title it can be redownloaded and played at any time. If it's an Xbox One title then you can play it so long as you have an active gold membership.

You can redownload the games by going to My Games and Apps then Ready to Install.
  8. onyxishere Win User

digital free games

Sorry to hear it. Which games are they? Are you getting any type of error code when this happens? Have you tried power cycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down or checking to see if there's an update for
    the console pending?
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
Thema:

digital free games

1. digital free games - Similar Threads - digital free games

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?

in XboX Insiders
    GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?: I preordered a digital game today at GameStop. I tried to figure out how the whole process of getting access to it works while at the store, but I left still confused. How does a digital pre order...
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digitalizing XBox 360 games: Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games,...
  7. Free-map mode: when all buttons are digital

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free-map mode: when all buttons are digital: First of all I'd like to say the Xbox Adaptive app is really good with accepting digital buttons in analog ports like left trigger and right trigger. Basically the idea is that if you plug a...
  8. why do digital games need an online check in for it to work including free demos.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do digital games need an online check in for it to work including free demos.: I use my xbox one offline and play a mixture of free games and demos that I downloaded off the microsoft store. and I do a one time online check in on the games by launching the game once and go...
  9. can i exchange disks for the digital content on them for free due to content not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i exchange disks for the digital content on them for free due to content not...: I have physical disk dlc for fallout 3 as well as fallout 3 on disk and i have gamepass but i can only play them (dlc) when they’re in my xbox as after i’ve installed them it doesn’t register i...
  10. i got 2 free xbox gift card but it did not give me the 25 digit code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i got 2 free xbox gift card but it did not give me the 25 digit code: I need those codesssssss pls and thank you 87e3470e-d58b-4513-a009-42c25ab4dbc9