Digital Disc Conversion Game Share

Discus and support Digital Disc Conversion Game Share in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Saw the news about the disc to digital license conversion. I was wondering if that digital license would translate to game sharing? Like if I used a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StarPlatinum214, Sep 1, 2026.

  1. Digital Disc Conversion Game Share


    Saw the news about the disc to digital license conversion. I was wondering if that digital license would translate to game sharing? Like if I used a disc, would the other Xbox get the digital license too?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/StarPlatinum214
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/StarPlatinum214, Sep 1, 2026
    #1
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

    Game sharing

    If you share account. You share games, apps, every subscriptions what you have..

    You share only digital games. No on disc. Only digital.
  3. Carson7_157 Win User

    Game sharing

    I think my friend has it on disc not digitally. Is there a way to game share with a disc?
  4. Smwutches Win User

    playing a game on a second xbox console in the home

    The Game Pass Ultimate subscription would only affect Game Pass games. Digital games can be shared. Disc games can be shared, but not the same way and require that the disc be in the console in order to play the game. The console has to be able to check
    that you have a license to use the game. That's what the disc provides. So since his console is all digital, he would not be able to use the disc to prove he owns the game.
  5. NeilSmith1984 Win User

    External hard drive constantly spins up and down after turning Xbox off

    The location of your games doesn't matter, as they're not shared from your Xbox.

    When you buy a game digitally from Xbox Live, it's added to a list on your account. When you share with another console, it simply checks that list and lets the other person download the same games.

    If you don't own any digital games, you can't share anything - it's not possible to share games that you own on a disc (other than giving your friend the disc)
  6. ImpaledGremlin Win User

    Help

    You need to clarify exactly what the situation is, if it is that one has disc and the other game shares with them then only the one with the disc inside disc reader would have access to the game for the time it's in the disc reader.

    You can only game share digital games.

    If it is something else please clarify for us to try and help.
Thema:

Digital Disc Conversion Game Share

Loading...
  1. Digital Disc Conversion Game Share - Similar Threads - Digital Disc Conversion

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  4. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  7. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  8. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  9. Questions on disc to digital conversions

    in XboX Insiders
    Questions on disc to digital conversions: If i have a preexisting digital license and subsequently claim a "new" license through disc to digital, what happens if a disc license expires or gets transferred to a different user? Will the...
  10. The "Permanent Conversion" Update Let us sacrifice our old discs for a Digital License!

    in XboX Insiders
    The "Permanent Conversion" Update Let us sacrifice our old discs for a Digital License!: The Problem Physical discs for classics like Red Dead Redemption are fragile. Even in 2026, we’re still dealing with discs getting scratched by drives or worn out by spinning every time we want to...