Digital content purchases on wrong account.

Discus and support Digital content purchases on wrong account. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I purchased Sims4 expansions for Xbox One on Dec 14. (12 expansions) Then gave them to my autistic daughter as a Christmas gift on Dec 25. I then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CherylVeith, Jan 7, 2023.

  1. CherylVeith
    CherylVeith Guest

    Digital content purchases on wrong account.


    I purchased Sims4 expansions for Xbox One on Dec 14. (12 expansions) Then gave them to my autistic daughter as a Christmas gift on Dec 25. I then discovered on Dec 30, that they were for the wrong account. (I have mild brain damage) I have been asking for help from Xbox to switch to her account but I only get denials for refunds. I don't want refunds, I want them on the correct account. Can anyone help me? Please????

    :)
     
    CherylVeith, Jan 7, 2023
    #1
  2. Georges C. Win User

    Digital content purchases on wrong account.

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello CherylVeith, unfortunately it is not possible to transfer a game or item from one account to another.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

    warface handgun

    If it is DLC then not all DLC packages can be shared from one account to another via the Home Xbox feature. So if it is purchased on one account and you can not get it on the other, you will have to purchase again. If it has been purchased on the wrong
    account, you can attempt a digital refund here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund
    Unfortunately there is no way to transfer DLC or any digital content from one account to another.
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

    digital xbox one

    the digital version will require a digital licence meaning the game will need to be purchased digitally. any dlc content purchased will be saved to your account and will not require further purchase.
  5. Ahzida Win User

    Uhm..?

    I guess I phrased it wrong.

    This account was registered for the Beta. Thank you for the additional information, but I'm not asking whether or not I'll be able to purchase content digitally, but how I would go about doing it. I'm without a credit card and it uses local currency now.
    I don't understand how I'm supposed to purchase digitally without a credit card.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Help please

    That is how digital content works. Either set the purchasing account as xbox home to use that content or you will have to purchase it yourself.
Thema:

Digital content purchases on wrong account.

Loading...
  1. Digital content purchases on wrong account. - Similar Threads - Digital content purchases

  2. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  3. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  4. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  5. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  6. received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?: I recently brought cod mwIII vault upgrade but I haven't recipe the content. I brought it though xbox store I own the digital game any ideas on how to get my stuff I paid for ??...
  7. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  8. Digital content not installing

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital content not installing: Games from disk installes but if i try to download from Microsoft it starts but after a while it stops. f7965af7-4c62-4b9d-b832-76238f87faff
  9. can i exchange disks for the digital content on them for free due to content not...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i exchange disks for the digital content on them for free due to content not...: I have physical disk dlc for fallout 3 as well as fallout 3 on disk and i have gamepass but i can only play them (dlc) when they’re in my xbox as after i’ve installed them it doesn’t register i...
  10. Like a Dragon Ishin! Digital Deluxe Edition Missing DLC content.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Like a Dragon Ishin! Digital Deluxe Edition Missing DLC content.: So it seems a lot of people are having the same issue and I can’t seem to get a clear answer on what the problem is!? So to be clear; 1. I have the deluxe edition purchased from the Microsoft...