Digital content from other regions

Discus and support Digital content from other regions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Alright, I know that games aren’t region locked but apparently in some cases they are. Anyways I was gonna buy a digital copy of Monster Hunter worlds... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bogogy, Jan 29, 2018.

  1. bogogy
    bogogy Guest

    Digital content from other regions


    Alright, I know that games aren’t region locked but apparently in some cases they are. Anyways I was gonna buy a digital copy of Monster Hunter worlds off a seller for cheaper who says I’ll have to use VPN and a US Ip address to activate. But I’m curious
    if once I activate if I can and that works will the game fully available on my Xbox account even though I’m in Canada? Thanks!

    :)
     
    bogogy, Jan 29, 2018
    #1
  2. Kitkp
    Kitkp Guest
    Digital Content from other regions

    Glad to find this at the top; saves me from not knowing the key words for searching for it:

    I'm American, living in France, and considering buying an Xbox One. My French is fine, and most of my French family speak English nearly fluently, so this is not a deal breaker, but if I understand correctly if I keep the region settings in France, the games,
    no matter where I buy them (even physical disks brought from the US?) will be in French?

    This is not what I want.

    I want the games to be played in their native languages, so most would be in English.

    This would require changing region settings to the US, but does that mean digital content I buy in the US store won't be able to be played on my French-bought console, even if the region settings are in US English?

    In a nutshell, what would I be missing if I kept my (French-bought) Xbox console in US English settings? I have no intention of "gaming" the system by regularly changing the settings, they would be kept in US English at all times.
     
    Kitkp, Jan 29, 2018
    #2
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Digital Content from other regions

    The offer to change regions is available to all. However, it was originally intended for those that moved to a different region. Those that change their region should be aware that they can only do so a few times per year (once every 3 months).

    Another issue to be aware of is region locking. A person may be able to purchase an item but may encounter issues with downloading it due to different IP addresses.

    Finally, someone should not attempt to change regions simply to download free games. Remember what happened a couple of years ago when everyone was switching to Oman to download the free games there. There were quite a few unhappy people who woke up to
    find their gamertag and/or consoles were banned from Live.
     
    onyxishere, Jan 29, 2018
    #3
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

    Digital content from other regions

    Hi there,

    I would advise against purchasing content from different regions, since officially it is not supported and you never know what issues you might start experiencing.
     
  5. WPAK Win User

    Digital content from other regions

    Hi there,

    I would advise against purchasing content from different regions, since officially it is not supported and you never know what issues you might start experiencing.
  6. maxen Win User

    Digital Content from other regions

    Onyx talks mainly about the digital side of things, but as you asked I'll just add that physical copies are totally region-free. You can buy those from wherever and they will work on any Xbox One console.

    The issue is with the complexity of digital downloads and switching regions to gain access to games not released in the actual territory.
  7. Kitkp Win User

    Digital Content from other regions

    Glad to find this at the top; saves me from not knowing the key words for searching for it:

    I'm American, living in France, and considering buying an Xbox One. My French is fine, and most of my French family speak English nearly fluently, so this is not a deal breaker, but if I understand correctly if I keep the region settings in France, the games,
    no matter where I buy them (even physical disks brought from the US?) will be in French?

    This is not what I want.

    I want the games to be played in their native languages, so most would be in English.

    This would require changing region settings to the US, but does that mean digital content I buy in the US store won't be able to be played on my French-bought console, even if the region settings are in US English?

    In a nutshell, what would I be missing if I kept my (French-bought) Xbox console in US English settings? I have no intention of "gaming" the system by regularly changing the settings, they would be kept in US English at all times.
  8. onyxishere Win User

    Digital Content from other regions

    The offer to change regions is available to all. However, it was originally intended for those that moved to a different region. Those that change their region should be aware that they can only do so a few times per year (once every 3 months).

    Another issue to be aware of is region locking. A person may be able to purchase an item but may encounter issues with downloading it due to different IP addresses.

    Finally, someone should not attempt to change regions simply to download free games. Remember what happened a couple of years ago when everyone was switching to Oman to download the free games there. There were quite a few unhappy people who woke up to
    find their gamertag and/or consoles were banned from Live.
  9. Melthris Win User

    Digital Content from other regions

    Thanks for the responses guys. I assumed this was the case but didn't want to add additional confusion to this seemingly convoluted question to those who had asked me.

    I'll pass this on to those who have asked.

    Thanks again!
Thema:

Digital content from other regions

Loading...
  1. Digital content from other regions - Similar Threads - Digital content regions

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?: I recently brought cod mwIII vault upgrade but I haven't recipe the content. I brought it though xbox store I own the digital game any ideas on how to get my stuff I paid for ??...
  7. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  8. Digital content not installing

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital content not installing: Games from disk installes but if i try to download from Microsoft it starts but after a while it stops. f7965af7-4c62-4b9d-b832-76238f87faff
  9. can i exchange disks for the digital content on them for free due to content not...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i exchange disks for the digital content on them for free due to content not...: I have physical disk dlc for fallout 3 as well as fallout 3 on disk and i have gamepass but i can only play them (dlc) when they’re in my xbox as after i’ve installed them it doesn’t register i...
  10. Like a Dragon Ishin! Digital Deluxe Edition Missing DLC content.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Like a Dragon Ishin! Digital Deluxe Edition Missing DLC content.: So it seems a lot of people are having the same issue and I can’t seem to get a clear answer on what the problem is!? So to be clear; 1. I have the deluxe edition purchased from the Microsoft...