Digital Backwards Compatibility

Discus and support Digital Backwards Compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I’ve had an xbox one for a while now and every time I try to buy an xbox 360 game on my xbox one, it tells me I must make this transaction on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Judge Gray, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Judge Gray
    Judge Gray Guest

So I’ve had an xbox one for a while now and every time I try to buy an xbox 360 game on my xbox one, it tells me I must make this transaction on my Xbox. I’ve tried the website too but I get the same message. The app doesn’t even register that I try. This
    includes 360 games on gold too. Anytime I try to buy an xbox one game it works fine. I don’t have a credit card attached to my account, if that effects anything. I also make purchases using gift cards instead. Please give any advice you can. Thank you

:)

Judge Gray, Mar 4, 2020
  2. pr1malg3ar Win User

Where is the buy digital download for this game on XBOX ONE Store?

Backwards compatibility

According to this link the first Halo in the series is only backwards compatible with disc and not digital
  3. Smwutches Win User

Digital download game from 360 not available on Series X

Digital games do transfer over as long as they are backwards compatible. The Lego Marvel games are not backwards compatible.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox 360 games not working on XboxOne but are on the backwards capability listing

As long as the games are backwards compatible, they should work whether you have the disc or digital. To get the digital license you would basically have to rebuy the games digitally, which you shouldn't need to do. Double check that they are all on the
    backwards compatible list - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav
  5. Ishan8123 Win User

The digital copy is not yet made backward compatible at the moment although it is expected to be made soon... The disc copy is backward compatible.
  6. Ishan8123 Win User

The digital copy is not yet made backward compatible at the moment although it is expected to be made soon... The disc copy is backward compatible.
Thema:

1. Digital Backwards Compatibility - Similar Threads - Digital Backwards Compatibility

2. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  3. Microsoft Digital Safety email

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft Digital Safety email: Violation of our policy Hello [My Full Name], Content associated with your account was reported to Microsoft as violating our terms, policy, or laws. The details are as follows: Service or...
  4. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  5. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  6. Is Truck racer digital region locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Truck racer digital region locked?: I have an NTSC console in the UK. If I purchase a digital game in the UK (Truck racer in particular), will it work or will it be region locked? 030a41a9-7df5-4d6a-8504-86ce49a924df
  7. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  8. Backwards compatibility of 2k24 digital version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatibility of 2k24 digital version: I have the original white Xbox one and I recently bought nba 2k24 (the Xbox one version) from the Microsoft store. The game hard crashes every time I I go to one specific part of the game! This...
  9. Digital backwards compatibility?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital backwards compatibility?: If I have purchased a game digitally on Xbox 360 that isn't compatible on Xbox one can I play the digital version or is the digital and disc version unplayable? 9262df67-a32c-4dc7-a51f-6c714b234276
  10. I have a game digitally on xbox 360 that is backwards compatible with xbox one, but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a game digitally on xbox 360 that is backwards compatible with xbox one, but it...: My Xbox 360 has a digital game (Lego Star Wars 2), which is compatible with my Xbox One, but I am not able to install it on my Xbox One as it says I need to purchase it. Any help?...