Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

Discus and support Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Since the latest update my Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in an entry different location. I have an account on my father's... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, May 22, 2020.

  1. Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox


    Since the latest update my Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in an entry different location.

    I have an account on my father's Xbox (designated as my home Xbox so my father has access to my library) however any voice commands sent tomy Alexa have started affected my Father's Xbox.

    Skip Ahead Alpha

    submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, May 22, 2020
    #1
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

    October 2019 update broke the Kinect

    Well, Cortana is no more for Kinect. That feature was removed like around the previous update.
    Exactly, here is the information for the official patch notes:

    Hey Cortana, it’s been real

    With the October update, Cortana will no longer be available on Xbox, except as the digital assistant on the Harmon Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker.

    However, voice interaction will still be possible for those with a Kinect sensor, using the Xbox voice commands. For a list of original voice commands, see

    Xbox voice commands with Kinect.


    Any device with Amazon Alexa can also be set up to use voice commands with your Xbox. To see how, visit

    Set up Alexa for Xbox One.


    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system
  3. Dinglestains Win User

    Xbox one TV

    The Xbox should go through a setup process to make sure the Kinect is sending the correct commands. I think it just asks for your TV provider and then the cable box that you're using. I think it will test the Kinect sending the commands during the process.
  4. BlackRhino90 Win User
  5. tohellnbak Win User

    Will/Should Xbox Kinectless come with voice commands?

    OK there is more to it than something listening to your voice.... the kinect has its own processor... takes your verbal command.. figures out what you said... translate it to a digital signal that turns into a command and sends out that command to the correct
    area.. which in turns executes that command..

    When you talk... say into a mic... the mic section transforms your voice to data signals that travel to a speaker.. which then re-translates those signals into sound...

    NOT THE SAME THING
  6. nic0413 Win User

    how to let corna respons to meh

Thema:

Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox

Loading...
  1. Digital Assistant not sending commands to the correct Xbox - Similar Threads - Digital Assistant sending

  2. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  3. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  4. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  5. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  8. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Volume Steps Setting (under Digital Assistants) not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Volume Steps Setting (under Digital Assistants) not working: Trying to report this via the console, but the screen has been hanging for the last 10 minutes and it's my third time trying today. You can configure how many steps to lower the volume when using...