Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.

Discus and support Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This was an issue fixed by the previous update that's recurred on the latest update. Basically the Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Aug 2, 2020.

  1. Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.


    This was an issue fixed by the previous update that's recurred on the latest update.

    Basically the Alexa digital assistant is issuing commands to an Xbox in a different location.

    I have an account on my father's Xbox (designated as my home Xbox so my father has access to my library) however any voice commands sent to my Alexa affect my father's Xbox, who doesn't have Digital Assistant enabled on his console.

    Skip Ahead Alpha

    submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Aug 2, 2020
    #1
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

    October 2019 update broke the Kinect

    Well, Cortana is no more for Kinect. That feature was removed like around the previous update.
    Exactly, here is the information for the official patch notes:

    Hey Cortana, it’s been real

    With the October update, Cortana will no longer be available on Xbox, except as the digital assistant on the Harmon Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker.

    However, voice interaction will still be possible for those with a Kinect sensor, using the Xbox voice commands. For a list of original voice commands, see

    Xbox voice commands with Kinect.


    Any device with Amazon Alexa can also be set up to use voice commands with your Xbox. To see how, visit

    Set up Alexa for Xbox One.


    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system
  3. Mike Therien Win User

    Directv DVR controls not working after update

    This issue must be related to the Harmony Remote (or any IR remote?). If I use voice commands, the Xbox One sends them with out problem. But if I use the Harmony, the onscreen display from the Xbox One shows the button I pressed, but doesn't send the command.
    This is very strange, definitely a bug in the latest update of Xbox One.

    I don't think this is an STB issue, since all of the DirecTv boxes use the same IR commands.
  4. the elz Win User

    Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

    im on firmware 5.11.3118.0 for xboxc series S controller - latest, been on for weeks, before the problems with constantly disconnecting & reconnecting to the console after the latest console update about 2 weeks ago.

    series S

    OS10.0.22000.3055

    Shell 2111.0.2112.11002

    tried the controller firmware rollback via xbox assist, when you check the firmware it just says something went wrong - its on the latest firmware.......
  5. Lewis Turner Win User

    Why am I getting "Error Code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 )

    Same problem haven't set up any digital assistants or nothing the updates is ridiculous I've had to delete every game.of my digital xbox version to fit cod on its crazy and now still after latest update its doing this.. I pay 100 pound for a vault edition and have nothing but problems spent hours getting to the ray gun schematic to be kicked from game.and loose everything its driving me insane
  6. Tr1N1Ty Impolex Win User

    Store doesn't load ingame

    Well, after the latest Firmware update, the issue fixed itself. Thank you for your assistance
Thema:

Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update.

Loading...
  1. Digital Assistant is sending commands to the wrong Xbox after latest update. - Similar Threads - Digital Assistant sending

  2. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  3. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  4. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  5. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  8. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Volume Steps Setting (under Digital Assistants) not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Volume Steps Setting (under Digital Assistants) not working: Trying to report this via the console, but the screen has been hanging for the last 10 minutes and it's my third time trying today. You can configure how many steps to lower the volume when using...