Difference between alternating lights and blinking lights on 360 controller?

Discus and support Difference between alternating lights and blinking lights on 360 controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There are two blinking light behaviors the Xbox 360 controller does. One is where all 4 lights blink at once (like a flashing ring). The other is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StuffedTurkey007, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Difference between alternating lights and blinking lights on 360 controller?

There are two blinking light behaviors the Xbox 360 controller does.

One is where all 4 lights blink at once (like a flashing ring).

The other is where lights 1 and 4 blink alternatively with 2 and 3.

Every forum post asking about one of these two blinking lights patterns has a response saying "The battery is low." However, since there are two blinking behaviors, obviously only one of them should indicate low battery, so half
    of these people are wrong.

Which one indicates low battery, and what does the other blinking pattern indicate?

:)

StuffedTurkey007, Jan 2, 2018
  2. Green light on console alternating between positions

Hi,

While playing on my Xbox 360 console, the green light denoting player 1 alternates slowly and infrequently between the player 1 and 2 positions (top left and top right with the console upright on its end). Can anyone tell me why this? My controller is on a
    charger connected to the console and it is much slower than when the controller is low on charge (and the lights don't change on the controller at all while they do on the console).

Also while I play FIFA 12, every week or 2 I get a message saying that my saved settings are corrupt and I have to redo the settings. This also gets rid of my create a pro, but does not affect any saved games or ultimate team.

Not sure if problems are related but any help would be massively appreciated!

Nick

TrickstaNicksta, Jan 2, 2018
  3. KILLERHEDAKE
    KILLERHEDAKE Guest
    Green light on console alternating between positions

To answer your first question, there is a sensor in the console that detects it being laid flat or upright. Sometimes, I have found, if you unplug the console from everything and remove any discs inside, rotate the console and give it a gentle shake. This
    has worked for me in the past.

Secondly, try clearing the memory device cache by selecting it under system, storage and hover over your device the FIFA game save is on and press Y to clear cache. If you're still having issues, delete your profile and recover it back to your storage device.
    Hope this helps!

KILLERHEDAKE, Jan 2, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

The second one you mentioned where lights 1 and 4 blink alternatively with 2 and 3 is the warning for the controller battery being low, as for the first one I only get that when I first turn the controller on and wakes up the console and then
    when my profile signs in.

gds1972, Jan 5, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

The second one you mentioned where lights 1 and 4 blink alternatively with 2 and 3 is the warning for the controller battery being low, as for the first one I only get that when I first turn the controller on and wakes up the console and then
    when my profile signs in.
  6. CHEERCHICK35 Win User

Trouble syncing second controller

When holding the sync buttons on the console and controller, the light blinks on the controller as if it is going through the syncing but then the light will start to blink steady or rapidly.........I did insert new batteries.....
  7. Tezzarrific Win User

Headset Crackling

when turning the xbox off, if the light is blinking but the screen is off then it is auto downloading an update.

the crackling could be interference between controller and xbox.

Games crashing - not sure.
  8. InnocuousRuby67 Win User

wireless controller lights

If you notice four blinking lights on the wireless controller, it means there is a connection problem between your controller and the console. Fixing the problem involves disconnecting and then re-connecting your wireless controller to your system.
  9. Project2Kill Win User

Pairing controller with phone

Make sure you hold the pairing button on your controller until the Xbox light (circle button) starts to blink. Then, start the scan on your phone to scan for Bluetooth devices.

I would recommend trying a different phone or controller if you can to help narrow down the issue between the phone or controller itself.
Thema:

1. Difference between alternating lights and blinking lights on 360 controller? - Similar Threads - Difference between alternating

2. Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?: As I see there's no differences except the D-pad's design. Maybe the vibrations are different, I don't know. 3e1630d9-3a63-4101-8143-b46aa72f8941
  3. Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...: Basically I'm curious as to what is different within Beta as of now? Is the UI different in some way? Like what is different than someone who's not in the insiders program? submitted by...
  4. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  5. What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade: Not sure what this box is for, but I did not buy the Vault Edition. I bought the Vault Edition Upgrade , but i still cannot play MW3. I was just wanted to know what the difference between the two...
  6. Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...: Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care? Thanks. 51e0b1ca-bef1-4116-b252-70521cd3093a
  7. What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?

in XBoX on Windows
    What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?: What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer? 9b7b94cc-2efd-4f38-bb30-aa60c1d6bd02
  8. I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox: I would like to know what the difference is regarding price and warranty since I am about to buy a new console. 737ab7a3-2465-469e-9da9-7d65558d9894
  9. What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.: What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension???? 015494a1-700e-4fb3-8516-f8c9a8c6c427
  10. How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?: My Xbox is matte white, with a matte white disc tray and a manufactured date of May 28, 2008 as well as a HDMI port. Is this more likely to be a core or arcade model? Also this is a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 controller flashing alternating lights