Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing?

Discus and support Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know what was happened. After I open the xbox one today, it was automatically installing the "Halo 5". I never bought this game.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MingLi1, Oct 31, 2015.

1. MingLi1
    MingLi1 Guest

I don't know what was happened. After I open the xbox one today, it was automatically installing the "Halo 5". I never bought this game.

:)

MingLi1, Oct 31, 2015
  2. MIKE1957
    MIKE1957 Guest
    Bring back Halo Local Co-Op

I posted this once but I still would like to know why Halo 5 came out with no local Co-Op my son and I love to play the game together. Now it's oline only! Hope Halo 6 comes out with local Co-Op or this is my last Halo I buy. I ran out to buy it for him
    and didn't look before I bought. I won't make the same mistake twice. Bring back Local Co-Op.

MIKE1957, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Xbox One Design bundle with the Master Chief Collection?

I would have also liked to see a MCC Bundle but since it didn't come out, I am sure there will be a Halo 5 bundle next year with Halo 5. Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? ;)

CAMMofTHRONES, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing?

If you're not game sharing with someone it may be that your Xbox One is haunted. It is after all Halloween.
    Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? :p

Goth Vampirella, Oct 31, 2015
  5. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    This is first time your turning it on? Did you buy the system used?

pkvas, Oct 31, 2015
  6. MingLi1
    MingLi1 Guest
    Yes I bought it used. I removed the old account then put my own account in.

MingLi1, Oct 31, 2015
  7. ..........

Hello everyone Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? :)

I thought that all digital game purchases were linked to the Gamertag? Does this mean that digital game purchases are linked to the console as well?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Oct 31, 2015
  8. MingLi1
    MingLi1 Guest

So it's like I am sharing all games with the previous owner? This is an awesome function!

MingLi1, Oct 31, 2015
  9. .........

Hello "XboxOneCallEd" Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? :)

Maybe the console that you bought was the 2nd console and the original owner is using their new Xbox One as the source of the sharing thing?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "XboxOneCallEd" Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Oct 31, 2015
  10. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    If you set the console as your home (or they set a different console as their home) it will stop this from happening.

EnenDaveyBoy, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    The previous owner still has your console set as their Home console. So you'll download all of their games until either they change their Home to another console or you set your console as your Home console.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2015
  12. The "Home console" answer is the correct answer. The previous owner didn't even bother to remove their own account, since you said you removed it. Therefore, it was very likely set to his/her Home console.

Here is what you need to be aware of. If the previous owner decides, at any time, to make another console his Home console... you will immediately lose access to any and all content that has downloaded as a result of being purchased by his account. The only
    content that is technically 'yours' is what you have purchased under your account.

It's something to definitely keep in mind. If the previous owner ever decides that he wants to "Share Gold" on his new console, so that others can have access to all his games on that console, he will have to make it his Home console in order to do that.
    \

So... as long as the previous owner doesn't bother to change his new console to his Home console, then anything he has, or will purchase will download to yours. But you could lose it all at any time.

A Blue Illusion, Oct 31, 2015
  13. MingLi1
    MingLi1 Guest

I prefer not change it. So I can play his games and he can play my games. Will this cause any problem?

MingLi1, Oct 31, 2015
  14. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    He can't play your games. You can only play his because your console is set as his Home console. You just might lose the games at any moment.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2015
  15. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    Wired story man or gal. But I will not lie. This is wired crap. He or she should clean the system out.

Dakrkplayer2, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Didn't buy Halo 5 but it's installing? - Similar Threads - Didn't buy Halo

2. I attempted to buy xbox game pass ultimate but didn't receive it..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I attempted to buy xbox game pass ultimate but didn't receive it..: I attempted to buy xbox game pass ultimate since there was a 14 day deal but it straight up charged me the money without giving me the subscribtion. Microsoft what the ****?...
  3. Minecraft says I didn't buy it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft says I didn't buy it.: I bought Minecraft in 2020, yet now it is saying I don't own it. I migrated my account in 2022 and successfully played on it. I checked the emails to make sure it wasn't a different account and I...
  4. I bought Minecraft java edition but it says that didn't buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft java edition but it says that didn't buy it: I recently bought Minecraft java edition but when I opened the launcher it says I can only play the demo. I've tried everything but it just won't let me play. Do i have to buy it again?...
  5. Why didn't I just buy a PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why didn't I just buy a PC?: I thought Xbox cancelled the price increases? I just had a look and instead of the 70$ I paid per year for live gold it will now be 120$... That's a massive increase just for me to play cod...
  6. We didn't buy PC Game PASS, but they were in the purchase history and withdrew money from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We didn't buy PC Game PASS, but they were in the purchase history and withdrew money from...: Hello I found two transactions written as PC GAME PASS from my son's account, but he never had used them and there's no subscriptions at all. Also I didn't get any notification regarding the...
  7. I got billed for some reason. I didn't buy anything. I want my money back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got billed for some reason. I didn't buy anything. I want my money back.: I got billed for a purchase i didn't make. I want my money back NOW. 30779f82-d263-4ac8-8d00-4f004bb9405c
  8. Used rewards points to buy xbox credits but didn't receive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Used rewards points to buy xbox credits but didn't receive: Over 23,000 points have been taken out of my rewards account for a purchase of 2 x £10 xbox credits, no confirmation emails received accept the one I did for 5 free sweepstake entries for a series...
  9. I got a game I didn't buy (destiny 2 beyond light)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got a game I didn't buy (destiny 2 beyond light): I somehow got destiny 2 beyond light for free. I just got on destiny one day and it says i bought it but I didn't get any of the pre-order perks. Is this a display bug because even in the...
  10. Refund denied even though I didn't buy the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund denied even though I didn't buy the game: So recently someone used my account to buy a game with the $70 I put on my account. The person who bought the game also played it a little bit I guess because when I tried to get a refund I was...