Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings?

Discus and support Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In the past whenever you wanted to change anything related to your account such as home Xbox, account settings, billing etc. you would have to enter... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wra1thr0x, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Wra1thr0x
    Wra1thr0x Guest

Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings?

In the past whenever you wanted to change anything related to your account such as home Xbox, account settings, billing etc. you would have to enter your passkey or password every time. So if you closed the settings app and you reopened
    it to change something again you would need to enter your passkey again. Now I only have to enter the passkey once during settings after I turn on the Xbox and no matter how much time has passed or closing the settings app you don't need a passkey again. Is
    this the same for everyone else? Is there anyway to change it?

:)

Wra1thr0x, Oct 21, 2017
  2. rocky619619
    rocky619619 Guest
    passkey question

Hi Klubbie

A passkey is required in order to change settings on the master account. However if you use a passkey in order to login to your Xbox Live account and other people know this passkey as well, they will be able to change settings on the master account as it
    is the same passkey.

Hope that wasn't confusing.

-rocky

rocky619619, Oct 21, 2017
  3. passkey

Hi there,

It's best to create a new thread for your issue so you can get more personalized assistance.

With regards to your question, as a passkey can only be created/changed while on a console, if you do not want someone to be able to access your account on a console who may have access to the account, you will want to change your account password. That
    password will need to be entered the next time the account is accessed on the console.

Steps on how to change it can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/microsoft-account-to-change-your-microsoft-account-password

For extra account security, you can add two-step verification to your account. Additional information can be found

here

Mistress Sara, Oct 21, 2017
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Email when sign in

Hello Trevor,

A stated above, you would not receive any sort of notification every time you sign in to your own console. Signing into a new console would prompt for a password, so you wouldn't need to worry there. If you are concerned about people using your account in
    your home, consider either adding a passkey to your account or changing the password.

Create and manage Xbox one passkey

How to change Microsoft account password

Hope this helps!
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

how can i get my gamertag back?

Hi nickstanton2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this issue. In relation to any changes made to a Gamertag, if you've already used your initial complimentary change, then any further changes made would need to purchased. This means that even if you were
    game sharing with someone and they made the change, in order to change the Gamertag to something different you would need to pay the fee (which varies by region). Please also bear in mind that when game sharing, your profile need not be logged in and that
    you should never share your password with anyone in order to keep your account safe.

How to change your Xbox gamertag

Gamertag update FAQ

To prevent occurrences like this in future, I recommend that you create a passkey on your accountso that any further changes to your account cannot be made. Here are a couple of support articles that you may find useful for keeping your account safe when
    game sharing:

Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console

Create an Xbox One passkey

I hope that this information helps you out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with adult account - can transfer??

7. Frathos Win User

Passkey didn’t work!

What Passkey option did you set? If you set a custom sign-in option that included "Don't ask, just sign me in; Ask for passkey for: Purchases, Changing my settings" then that may be how your friend can still log into your account without the passkey. Alternatively,
    maybe you set a Passkey that is too short or easy (eg mine is a 6 button combination) or your friend saw you use it.
  8. Flymonkey102 Win User

My gamertag

Yeah unfortunately you used your free change when your brother changed it. On top of password change I would put a passkey on your account that only you know.
Thema:

1. Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings? - Similar Threads - Did change often

2. Why did you charge me 3 times for ONE gamertag change? On top of that, you are not even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you charge me 3 times for ONE gamertag change? On top of that, you are not even...: What the H... For real people? Contact me please. b8aa8f93-379d-4c06-a39c-785376052dfc
  3. Call of Duty MW2 Family Game sharing on our separate consoles. Did something change?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty MW2 Family Game sharing on our separate consoles. Did something change?: I've used the game sharing system with my son so we can both use Call of Duty MW2 on our separate consoles. It was working last week but now it is asking for my son to pay for the game. Did...
  4. Why did my xbox gamer change on its own?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my xbox gamer change on its own?: My new gamer tag changed to entity303, replacing wrench76 which I've used for 12 years!! Why did this occur, its not the least bit offensive? And why am I forced to pay 10 bucks to reset my gamer...
  5. Why did my fortnite username change?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my fortnite username change?: Recently I tried to play fortnite on Xbox cloud gaming I logged in normally and it changed my fortnite username to LevelJacket9865. I’m really annoyed because I payed 5 dollars or something to...
  6. Changing Gamertag did not work (completely)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing Gamertag did not work (completely): Hi, i have changed my gamertag four days ago. When I log in into the online xbox-account, the gamertag has changed there. Same with the Minecraft launcher, it also displays the new gamertag. Only...
  7. My new Xbox gamertag did not change

in XboX Insiders
    My new Xbox gamertag did not change: I just bought a new gamertag for xbox and it never changed, It also took money from my account. I dont know If I have to wait, And If I do for how long? I need help. submitted by...
  8. how did my profile name get changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    how did my profile name get changed: how did my profile name get changed a657f9e3-ad98-4c0b-b887-829d49c6769b
  9. Eden Marie on Twitter: Hey Xbox Insiders! Did you notice these changes rolling out now?...

in XboX Insiders
    Eden Marie on Twitter: Hey Xbox Insiders! Did you notice these changes rolling out now?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  10. Why did they add this to the My Games & apps block? I see that it changes every so often...

in XboX Insiders
    Why did they add this to the My Games & apps block? I see that it changes every so often...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Triple6Crew [link] [comments]