Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings?

Discus and support Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In the past whenever you wanted to change anything related to your account such as home Xbox, account settings, billing etc. you would have to enter... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wra1thr0x, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Wra1thr0x
    Wra1thr0x Guest

Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings?

In the past whenever you wanted to change anything related to your account such as home Xbox, account settings, billing etc. you would have to enter your passkey or password every time. So if you closed the settings app and you reopened
    it to change something again you would need to enter your passkey again. Now I only have to enter the passkey once during settings after I turn on the Xbox and no matter how much time has passed or closing the settings app you don't need a passkey again. Is
    this the same for everyone else? Is there anyway to change it?

:)

Wra1thr0x, Oct 21, 2017
  2. rocky619619
    rocky619619 Guest
    passkey question

Hi Klubbie

A passkey is required in order to change settings on the master account. However if you use a passkey in order to login to your Xbox Live account and other people know this passkey as well, they will be able to change settings on the master account as it
    is the same passkey.

Hope that wasn't confusing.

-rocky

rocky619619, Oct 21, 2017
  3. passkey

Hi there,

It's best to create a new thread for your issue so you can get more personalized assistance.

With regards to your question, as a passkey can only be created/changed while on a console, if you do not want someone to be able to access your account on a console who may have access to the account, you will want to change your account password. That
    password will need to be entered the next time the account is accessed on the console.

Steps on how to change it can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/microsoft-account-to-change-your-microsoft-account-password

For extra account security, you can add two-step verification to your account. Additional information can be found

here

Mistress Sara, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Frathos Win User

Passkey didn’t work!

What Passkey option did you set? If you set a custom sign-in option that included "Don't ask, just sign me in; Ask for passkey for: Purchases, Changing my settings" then that may be how your friend can still log into your account without the passkey. Alternatively,
    maybe you set a Passkey that is too short or easy (eg mine is a 6 button combination) or your friend saw you use it.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Having reset child account to be parent account, the games & passes are now associated with adult account - can transfer??

6. rocky619619 Win User

passkey question

Hi Klubbie

A passkey is required in order to change settings on the master account. However if you use a passkey in order to login to your Xbox Live account and other people know this passkey as well, they will be able to change settings on the master account as it
    is the same passkey.

Hope that wasn't confusing.

-rocky
  7. The Viral Cyrix Win User

xbox set up for families

You can change sign in options . So it can ask for passkey instead of password. This can be found in account options from the settings page. You will need to sign in and change it for each account.

You can set it so each account requires that passkey before signing in
  8. Waddy PotatoMan Win User

Prevent use of adult Xbox account

when signed into the adult account go to the settings, and go to account>sign-in security & passkey tab and you should be able to put a passkey on it using the controller. this should prevent them from accessing your account
    Passkey doesn’t help. To game share the account needs to be signed in i.e. the passkey already entered. I have tried passkey but can’t really see any difference from having to enter the account password.

I think a change to how passkey works would resolve the situation. If the account could be signed in with the password but when you try and switch profile to the adult account it asks for the passkey.

Microsoft: you can have that suggestion for free!
Thema:

1. Did they change how often you need your passkey when you change account settings? - Similar Threads - Did change often

2. Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?: Hey I got suspended from trying to change my profile pic. I was doing it on Xbox app and it kept freezing so I kept trying. Then when it said that it has been sent to y’all. A few minutes later I...
  3. cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528754833620992000/1179920572986179604/image.png?ex=657b89aa&is=656914aa&hm=8206c96d68c9c8e952be2d5d852eaa484d726f57e1f53355322566fbcd299d9b& Microsoft 帐户团队...
  4. Why did xbox change how many points you get for earning the daily Achievement

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did xbox change how many points you get for earning the daily Achievement: Why did xbox change the daily achievement reward from 50 to 5 points! that is so stupid!!!! it takes a lot longer to do that then any other reward!! Is there any way to start something for them to...
  5. Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change: When I first started fortnite on cloud, the wait time was 5-15 minutes, but now when I start fortnite in Xbox cloud the wait time is 5-280 minutes I am need a way to reduce the wait time...
  6. I want my old gamer tag back Xbox support said to dig out my 360 to change it back I did...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want my old gamer tag back Xbox support said to dig out my 360 to change it back I did...: Xbox support told me to spend money and it would work. why did I listen? It doesn’t work and l am missing money. a37ac5fb-6910-40fe-97eb-96938976d571
  7. Why did Xbox change the reward points system to make it so hard to earn points. Why would...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Xbox change the reward points system to make it so hard to earn points. Why would...: Just wondering why the reward system is so bad now. Feels like id have to spend 100 dollars to earn 1 kinda crazy 87cad828-10a5-4104-a0a6-926523cd1bd2
  8. Rewards - Did the Layout of the list of Open and Completed Game Pass Quests change?

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards - Did the Layout of the list of Open and Completed Game Pass Quests change?: Did Team Xbox change the order how open and completed Game Pass Quests are listed on the rewards tab? Now they are grouped together as daily, weekly, monthly - with the open quests on top...
  9. I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...: I simply purchased a service that was not provided correctly and would like my $13 back or for my name to change correctly to what I wanted. cbaa5c95-65fe-499c-a2ba-403eef43055f
  10. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474