Did not want to auto reniew

Discus and support Did not want to auto reniew in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was worried that I would not have enough money to pay for my Xbox live subscription so I canceled auto reniew but yesterday I was charged for another... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rob5118, Jan 4, 2014.

1. rob5118
    rob5118 Guest

I was worried that I would not have enough money to pay for my Xbox live subscription so I canceled auto reniew but yesterday I was charged for another year of Xbox gold.

Is there any way to cancel it and get a refund now.

:)

rob5118, Jan 4, 2014
  2. N0BBYZ NUTTZ
    N0BBYZ NUTTZ Guest
    Never received my 600 points for renewing Live Gold

had the same problem my self cronnos mine was on 1 of april 2012.it said reniew 12 months gold prepaid

and get free 600 points so i did and still not got them

N0BBYZ NUTTZ, Jan 4, 2014
  3. editing payment option question???

It is never a good idea to put any credit card on. How did you manage not having auto-renewal on? If there was that option, I don't think anyone would want auto-renewal.

Russell Gorall, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would need to contact support and speak to billing to see if there is anything they can do. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

Smwutches, Jan 4, 2014
  5. walstib77
    walstib77 Guest
    This is an issue that should not exist. I received an email that my account would auto-renew, yet the links in the email did not take me to any place I could cancel the auto renew in advance.

I had to call, and the process is quite upsetting. It may be legal to intentionally develop the process to be obscure and impossible to navigate reasonably, but this is not how a company should operate. The auto-renewal shouldn't even be the defacto process.

I bought a prepaid card to renew already. At a rate below what the standard is. Even your website offers better rates as bait.

This is not acceptable, and the process should be fixed. I would like to see it changed, or I am not giving MicroSoft any more money for anything. My kids like Xbox Live Gold, and I'd like to continue allowing them to enjoy it. But if predatory marketing
    is your accepted means of generating revenue, I will be forced to teach my kids a lesson in being a responsible consumer who holds companies to a reasonable standard of expected behavior.

Shame on you for praying on your customers this way.

walstib77, Mar 22, 2015
  6. walstib77
    walstib77 Guest
    I just sent the following to my US Representative:

Message Text:

I have had a terrible experience with MicroSoft Xbox Gold membership. They have a predatory auto-renewal process that charges above market for a subscription to their online service for my children to play Xbox with their friends.

I bought a card at a rate well below what they charge for the service as auto-renewal. I got an email saying the service would charge automatically to my card unless I changed the account. The links they provide do not take me to any place I can do this.
    I spent a good amount of time trying to find it, and I am not inept--I work in technology, in customer service technology for this type of process. I have two college degrees and have spoken at national conferences as a subject matter expert on customer-facing
    service technologies.

MicroSoft has intentionally set up their infrastructure so as to make it nearly impossible to stop the autorenew process. This is morally reprehensible, particularly as behavior for a leading US and global corporation. This should not be legal.

The money they generate from preying on the ability of people with busy lives by making it beyond inconvenient to manage one's account is theft. I would like to see that the government would regulate billing process better. When the largest, most profitable
    companies are allowed to operate in this fashion, it leads others to behave in a similar, morally unacceptable manner.

walstib77, Mar 22, 2015
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there menschthedog!

As Smwutches had mentioned, please contact our chat or phone support agents through our Contact Us page if you are experiencing issues cancelling auto renewal and they will
    be more than happy to assist. Since this thread is older, please post a new thread if you need assistance in the future! That way awesome folk from our community can provide support tailored specifically to you. Thanks!

Mister Beep, Mar 23, 2015
  8. Did not want to auto reniew

I am going into my bank account on my PC to stop them taking any money...

ThomasBeck Senior, Jul 24, 2015
  9. My bank in U.K. will block payment as there is no sign of it yet. They will reimburse me if it slips through net. Result. Microsoft should be ashamed doing this to kids and their old fathers lol

ThomasBeck Senior, Jul 24, 2015
  10. Hey there AbatedChicken67!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Smwutches Win User

You would need to contact support and speak to billing to see if there is anything they can do. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  12. ThomasBeck Senior Win User

I am going into my bank account on my PC to stop them taking any money...
  13. walstib77 Win User

I just sent the following to my US Representative:

Message Text:

I have had a terrible experience with MicroSoft Xbox Gold membership. They have a predatory auto-renewal process that charges above market for a subscription to their online service for my children to play Xbox with their friends.

I bought a card at a rate well below what they charge for the service as auto-renewal. I got an email saying the service would charge automatically to my card unless I changed the account. The links they provide do not take me to any place I can do this.
    I spent a good amount of time trying to find it, and I am not inept--I work in technology, in customer service technology for this type of process. I have two college degrees and have spoken at national conferences as a subject matter expert on customer-facing
    service technologies.

MicroSoft has intentionally set up their infrastructure so as to make it nearly impossible to stop the autorenew process. This is morally reprehensible, particularly as behavior for a leading US and global corporation. This should not be legal.

The money they generate from preying on the ability of people with busy lives by making it beyond inconvenient to manage one's account is theft. I would like to see that the government would regulate billing process better. When the largest, most profitable
    companies are allowed to operate in this fashion, it leads others to behave in a similar, morally unacceptable manner.
  14. ThomasBeck Senior Win User

My bank in U.K. will block payment as there is no sign of it yet. They will reimburse me if it slips through net. Result. Microsoft should be ashamed doing this to kids and their old fathers lol
  15. walstib77 Win User

This is an issue that should not exist. I received an email that my account would auto-renew, yet the links in the email did not take me to any place I could cancel the auto renew in advance.

I had to call, and the process is quite upsetting. It may be legal to intentionally develop the process to be obscure and impossible to navigate reasonably, but this is not how a company should operate. The auto-renewal shouldn't even be the defacto process.

I bought a prepaid card to renew already. At a rate below what the standard is. Even your website offers better rates as bait.

This is not acceptable, and the process should be fixed. I would like to see it changed, or I am not giving MicroSoft any more money for anything. My kids like Xbox Live Gold, and I'd like to continue allowing them to enjoy it. But if predatory marketing
    is your accepted means of generating revenue, I will be forced to teach my kids a lesson in being a responsible consumer who holds companies to a reasonable standard of expected behavior.

Shame on you for praying on your customers this way.
Thema:

1. Did not want to auto reniew - Similar Threads - Did auto reniew

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  6. Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did Microsoft AUTO create an account for Fortnite?: My son just recently got an Xbox and we downloaded Fornite, however I was not there when he went to open the game on the console and it looks like a whole new Fortnite account was created for him....
  7. Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote: I have been trying to figure this out in conjunction with my parents and we have gotten nowhere. My account should have auto-promoted from a child account to an adult account (I am 19 years old)...
  8. Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?: For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I cancelled it before I signed off a while ago and yet...
  9. I did not use the console for a month and forgot to turn off auto-prolongation I did not get a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I did not use the console for a month and forgot to turn off auto-prolongation I did not get a ...: I did not use the console for a month and forgot to turn off auto-prolongation I did not get a subscription, how can I cancel the debt? 43e483d7-2f23-4c96-9e0f-c9908624157b
  10. Cannot disable auto renew that I did NOT ask for.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot disable auto renew that I did NOT ask for.: Thats right. Microsoft is making me auto renew. Not only that, but I cannot remove it without calling them. I'm too scared to call them because i'm sure I'd screw it up. Do you guys have any...