Did anyone test the new version of Minesweeper before it went live?

Discus and support Did anyone test the new version of Minesweeper before it went live? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Minesweeper updated recently, and the new visual style in adventure mode is fine. Cool that you can kind of see the number under the adventurer now... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by E. Henle, Jul 30, 2022.

1. E. Henle
    E. Henle Guest

Minesweeper updated recently, and the new visual style in adventure mode is fine. Cool that you can kind of see the number under the adventurer now (sometimes). What I don't understand is why everything else was damaged in the process of changing the aesthetics. So far, I have encountered:

• A complete loss of my Adventure game state (was at level 3400 with over 2B gold)
    • Lag in the interface (click inputs are frequently ignored, especially when item/gold pick-up animations play)
    • Long, unskippable end-of-level animation (even when the relevant option is disabled in the settings)
    • A level with no accessible arrow for clearing a monster blocking the path (only completable via dynamite)
    • Zero-mine squares coincident with the level exit no longer automatically clear adjacent blocks
    • The player's path now frequently detours through dirt blocks when an unobstructed path already exists (meaning that the adventurer will activate trap blocks instead of moving along the visible path--this is absolutely infuriating)
    The only thing that seems to work at least as well as before is the advertising between levels. Pretty amazing how bad this update is!

:)

E. Henle, Jul 30, 2022
  2. AgentScotty2112 Win User

new achievements

This could be a Windows 8.0 vs 8.1 issue.

I was only able to update to version 1.8.0.31029 of Minesweeper on Windows 8.0, and none of the new achievements unlocked, despite uninstalling/reinstalling/updating and repeatedly starting Adventure over at Level 1.

I'm now on Windows 8.1 (possibly only temporarily if I run into the issues I did in the past with it), was able to update to version 2.1.1312.2409 (I didn't check to see what the base version of Minesweeper for Windows 8.1 was before updating), and the new
    achievements are now unlocking for me.
  3. I_Rufus Win User

Minesweeper no longer working

From WINVER:
    Version 21H2; Build 19044.2728

I eventually ran the in-place upgrade and, after a very long time, the current version of Win10 was installed on my computer. There was an immediate problem: no cursor. I pushed the power button, shutting down my computer, and then waited about 5 minutes, before restarting. The cursor was there.
    I then ran a couple of programs, including games. They worked, but seemed to load more slowly than I remember. Probably because of the new Win10 download. Did a restart. Tried to load Minesweeper. Got the same results as before: initial screen appeared but a couple more minutes until the Minesweeper options appeared. Once they appeared, they seemed to work OK. I repeated those steps several times: restart; load Minesweeper, wait some time before the game options appeared. One last item, something I had mentioned previously: A few seconds after the initial Minesweeper page opens, the was a quick flash/interruption. The screen turns black for a second, two seconds at most, then returns to the whit, initial Minesweeper page. One exception was, instead of the black screen, the Minesweeper options screen appeared, but only for a second or so.
    Any more ideas?

Thanks.
  4. Mikey630 Win User

Sound problems in Windows 8.1

The new update to Minesweeper did NOT fix the sound effect problems in Windows 8.1.
  5. AgentScotty2112 Win User

Unobtainable achievements

None of the new achievements worked for me on Windows 8.0. The latest version of Minesweeper I was able to update to on Windows 8.0 was 1.8.0.31029.
  6. CDC Ferreira Win User

How Can I Get a Newer Version of Microsoft Minesweeper From the Microsoft Store?

Thank you for your prompt reply. Sorry I did not make it clear that I had tried and have executed the updates from the Microsoft Store before I posted my question, and just in case have also Uninstalled and again installed the product. No matter what I keep getting version 3.1 of the Microsoft Minesweeper, never version 4.

I am looking for a way around it.
Thema:

1. Did anyone test the new version of Minesweeper before it went live? - Similar Threads - Did anyone test

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  6. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  7. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  8. Did anyone else get suspended for no reason at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did anyone else get suspended for no reason at all: I got banned on one of my account and suspended on 2 other account for no reason at all the Xbox website doesn’t want to tell me why. Anyone else having this problem?...
  9. Did anyone else have trouble unlocking the "Occultist" achievement for the game Goetia?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did anyone else have trouble unlocking the "Occultist" achievement for the game Goetia?: On November 4th I finished the game Goetia. I have unlocked every achievement in game which means that I should have unlocked the "Occultist" achievement. It has not unlocked and I have yet to be...
  10. Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?: Both mine & my wife's Microsoft reward account were suspended for a reason i do not know and i have not talked to anyone .What they have accused us of is not true.And yes we are a family so we do...