Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to...

Discus and support Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A Microsoft agent named Gabrielle just asked me for my email, then asked me to prove it was me by telling her a verification code she was supposedly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richie Bolt, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Richie Bolt
    Richie Bolt Guest

Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to...

A Microsoft agent named Gabrielle just asked me for my email, then asked me to prove it was me by telling her a verification code she was supposedly sending me... which was actually her asking my email to send a code to change my password. How do I report her? Isn't email hacking illegal?

She also knew I am 10.

:)

Richie Bolt, Aug 26, 2022
  2. Mherah Win User

Worrying email about my Xbox One console - is it broken?

Did anyone else get the smartglass message? And the *** that did my initial order cancelled it, so I have a lovely chat lady doing it over again ....... wasted 3+ hours of my *** evening ...
  3. DeuceUndead Win User

Does anyone else have problems in chats? (RESOLVED)

That's what happens to me, only on the console since the apps work fine, let's wait and get resolved, in my case it was after an update that my console asked me on November 28
  4. Pierce H. Win User

Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to send me a verification code to prove it's me. Only she was really reseting my password. How do I report her?

Hello!

Welcome to the Microsoft Answers Community, a community sourced forum for answers and discussions. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, on this forum we are community volunteers, not Microsoft Employees. We'll try to help as much as possible. We recommend having a Parent/Guardian with you to help you with contacting support. As a reminder, for most jurisdictions you need to be at least 13 to have a Microsoft Account and contact support.

When contacting Microsoft or Xbox Support, ensure you are connecting with an agent through support.xbox.com and using the green "Contact Us" button on the right side. There are two different types of support agents that you may encounter with varying ways of reporting. Check the website address of the web chat you used, if the domain ends in microsoft.com, you are chatting with a Microsoft Agent, if the domains ends with directly.com, you are chatting with a third party contractor authorized to provide support on Microsoft's behalf.

If you were chatting with a Microsoft Agent, you'll need to start a new chat with a new agent. Sometimes Microsoft Agents may ask you to provide additional details to verify account ownership. Feel free to ask them more information about the process and double check the domain that it ends with microsoft.com.

If you were chatting with a Directly.com Third Party Contractor, give them the lowest rating available. This will flag that conversation automatically for further review. Directly.com agents are not allowed to request personal information from customers including email addresses and other personal identifying information. If you would like to go further you may contact a Microsoft Agent for additional assistance.

Microsoft has additional information and recommendations for general Technical support scams you can review. This page will also provide an additional way to report a scam.

Protect yourself from tech support scams (Microsoft Support)

I hope this answers your question! If it did, let us know by marking this answer as the solution to help others! If you have more questions related to this, feel free to reply to this post.

Have a great day,

5. Georges C. Win User

Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to send me a verification code to prove it's me. Only she was really reseting my password. How do I report her?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Richie, you were in contact with Xbox support via phone if you were and you were requesting a call there is a procedure called "Account Fortification", meaning that the Microsoft agent needs to verify that you are actually the owner of the account you just passed to it.

When you pass the email to the agent, her system sends a verification code to the emails and security phones you have in your account, if that number the Xbox support has no way to verify that you are the real owner of the account.

Note: Support does not have the ability to change account passwords, nor do they ask what your account password is.

If you want to contact the support, not by phone, contact via chat because then you will have to log in to the account and your account will already be fortified, and to make the process more agile, the ideal would be to have an adult accompany you in the process.
  6. DeuceUndead Win User

Does anyone else have problems in chats? (RESOLVED)

Hello, I already tried the 2 methods and the problem of delay still remains, the only thing left is to wait for it to resolve itself, since I do not want to lose my main account
Thema:

1. Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to... - Similar Threads - Did anyone else

2. Did the new update break party chat for anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Did the new update break party chat for anyone else?: After the new insider update, my party chat doesn't show me talking and doesn't mute my mic either. submitted by /u/SnooOwls2018 [link] [comments]
  3. Did anyone else's console get bricked from recent Alpha os update?

in XboX Insiders
    Did anyone else's console get bricked from recent Alpha os update?: I'm very confused & frustrated because last night I was online playing games & watching Netflix. Today when I wake up the console said it needed an update to stay online so I let the update...
  4. Battlefield 2042 not able to launch via xbox game pass or Ea desktop? Did anyone else faced...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 2042 not able to launch via xbox game pass or Ea desktop? Did anyone else faced...: When launching BF 2042 via xbox app or EA desktop I am getting error code : 10011. Did anyone got this issue and resolved it yet? 9abb5638-1fab-4f84-8b71-e62286b2bf4f
  5. Did anyone else notice that there isn't a number next to your friends tab anymore?

in XboX Insiders
    Did anyone else notice that there isn't a number next to your friends tab anymore?: [IMG] submitted by /u/REEKID52196 [link] [comments]
  6. Did anyone else see Apple TV in their insider hub? It was there. But when I clicked on it...

in XboX Insiders
    Did anyone else see Apple TV in their insider hub? It was there. But when I clicked on it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Tzunami_Sapp [link] [comments]
  7. I can't join the rtx worlds. Did anyone else have this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    I can't join the rtx worlds. Did anyone else have this issue?: I looked up rtx on the worlds and nothing showed. Does anyone know what to do? submitted by /u/Todd4683 [link] [comments]
  8. Did the update break anyone else's console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did the update break anyone else's console?: So last night I got on to watch some YouTube, but I got the same error code as everyone else. I just turned off my xbox and went to bed. When I wake up this morning and turn on my xbox I get a...
  9. WOW: Has anyone else tried to download the farcry 5 lost on Mars I did and for some reason it ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    WOW: Has anyone else tried to download the farcry 5 lost on Mars I did and for some reason it ...: WOW (ISPs): Has anyone else tried to download the farcry 5 lost on Mars I did and for some reason it gav Vietnam You may need to call phone support directly. The phone numbers are listed online....
  10. Xbox live gold rocket league bundle-did anyone else see it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold rocket league bundle-did anyone else see it?: 5 days ago, my Xbox gold ran out. the next day when I went to renew it, I saw on my home screen, "Go gold now and get WHAT?" I clicked it and it told me if I went gold for a month then I get...