Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to...

Discus and support Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A Microsoft agent named Gabrielle just asked me for my email, then asked me to prove it was me by telling her a verification code she was supposedly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richie Bolt, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Richie Bolt
    Richie Bolt Guest

Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to...

A Microsoft agent named Gabrielle just asked me for my email, then asked me to prove it was me by telling her a verification code she was supposedly sending me... which was actually her asking my email to send a code to change my password. How do I report her? Isn't email hacking illegal?

She also knew I am 10.

:)

Richie Bolt, Aug 26, 2022
  2. Pierce H. Win User

Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to send me a verification code to prove it's me. Only she was really reseting my password. How do I report her?

Hello!

Welcome to the Microsoft Answers Community, a community sourced forum for answers and discussions. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, on this forum we are community volunteers, not Microsoft Employees. We'll try to help as much as possible. We recommend having a Parent/Guardian with you to help you with contacting support. As a reminder, for most jurisdictions you need to be at least 13 to have a Microsoft Account and contact support.

When contacting Microsoft or Xbox Support, ensure you are connecting with an agent through support.xbox.com and using the green "Contact Us" button on the right side. There are two different types of support agents that you may encounter with varying ways of reporting. Check the website address of the web chat you used, if the domain ends in microsoft.com, you are chatting with a Microsoft Agent, if the domains ends with directly.com, you are chatting with a third party contractor authorized to provide support on Microsoft's behalf.

If you were chatting with a Microsoft Agent, you'll need to start a new chat with a new agent. Sometimes Microsoft Agents may ask you to provide additional details to verify account ownership. Feel free to ask them more information about the process and double check the domain that it ends with microsoft.com.

If you were chatting with a Directly.com Third Party Contractor, give them the lowest rating available. This will flag that conversation automatically for further review. Directly.com agents are not allowed to request personal information from customers including email addresses and other personal identifying information. If you would like to go further you may contact a Microsoft Agent for additional assistance.

Microsoft has additional information and recommendations for general Technical support scams you can review. This page will also provide an additional way to report a scam.

Protect yourself from tech support scams (Microsoft Support)

I hope this answers your question! If it did, let us know by marking this answer as the solution to help others! If you have more questions related to this, feel free to reply to this post.

Have a great day,

3. Georges C. Win User

Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to send me a verification code to prove it's me. Only she was really reseting my password. How do I report her?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Richie, you were in contact with Xbox support via phone if you were and you were requesting a call there is a procedure called "Account Fortification", meaning that the Microsoft agent needs to verify that you are actually the owner of the account you just passed to it.

When you pass the email to the agent, her system sends a verification code to the emails and security phones you have in your account, if that number the Xbox support has no way to verify that you are the real owner of the account.

Note: Support does not have the ability to change account passwords, nor do they ask what your account password is.

If you want to contact the support, not by phone, contact via chat because then you will have to log in to the account and your account will already be fortified, and to make the process more agile, the ideal would be to have an adult accompany you in the process.
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

An error coded 801540B7

Hey there Gabriel!

Can you tell us what happened when you contacted phone support? What troubleshooting steps did they have you try? What happened when you tried those steps?

Let us know and we'll work with you from there. =)
  5. KG7826 Win User

Account hijacked

I tried that. The form asks for the email. When I enter the email it says it doesn’t exist. My email account is gone. I’m assuming whoever did this deleted it to prevent me from getting help. There is no way to contact anyone for help. No number. No live chat. I’m actually surprised at the lack of help available for this, especially considering how much money I’ve spent over the years. I saw another person ask for the same kind of help, and they were able to chat with someone as long as they had the Xbox that the account was originally on.

I made this account to get help. This isn’t my original account.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

hacked account

Did you already tried all the advised on the previous link?

Your friend can start a chat with a Microsoft agent using the contact us page via Microsoft support, or via Get Help app if they have access to a Windows PC.

In case the chat option doesn't appear ask them to choose a different category

Sorry for not be able to assist you from here, this is due to anyone in this forum, as its publics. Is not possible to access/modify/view any Microsoft account info
Thema:

1. Did anyone else have to use the chat support? Gabrielle asked for my email, then tried to... - Similar Threads - Did anyone else

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  6. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  7. Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prior to the update, why did random videos from my Xbox get deleted?: I know about that big stupid update that Microsoft decided to implement, that’s not the question here. The question is, I have a video capture from Battlefield 3 from way back, but not from a...
  8. Did anyone else get suspended for no reason at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    Did anyone else get suspended for no reason at all: I got banned on one of my account and suspended on 2 other account for no reason at all the Xbox website doesn’t want to tell me why. Anyone else having this problem?...
  9. Did anyone else have trouble unlocking the "Occultist" achievement for the game Goetia?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did anyone else have trouble unlocking the "Occultist" achievement for the game Goetia?: On November 4th I finished the game Goetia. I have unlocked every achievement in game which means that I should have unlocked the "Occultist" achievement. It has not unlocked and I have yet to be...
  10. Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone tell me why my Rewards account can be suspended for something i did not do ?: Both mine & my wife's Microsoft reward account were suspended for a reason i do not know and i have not talked to anyone .What they have accused us of is not true.And yes we are a family so we do...