Device power on/off not working. Turned off and returned on device power control and no...

Discus and support Device power on/off not working. Turned off and returned on device power control and no... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Also have done a hard power reset. And tried different hdmi cables. Still no luck. submitted by /u/coorslightking1 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/coorslightking1, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Device power on/off not working. Turned off and returned on device power control and no...

Also have done a hard power reset. And tried different hdmi cables. Still no luck.

submitted by /u/coorslightking1
    [link] [comments]

/u/coorslightking1, Mar 15, 2023
  2. imbeholden Win User

Best method for turning on/off the system?

I've got a similar system except I have Directv and basically I have the xbox controlling powering everything on and off. If you go to the Oneguide and hit the menu button on your controller you'll see the power settings for your devices (I couldn't find
    another way to even get to these settings). In the power settings you can set up the xbox to turn all of your devices on and off all when it turns on & off and it works fine.

So I just say "Xbox on" and everything turns on - works great.
  3. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Xbox wont turn on my tv

Hey guys,

If we detected your TV and volume controls don't work, this means that your TV doesn't support discrete POWER ON commands, just POWER TOGGLE.

If you want this to work, there's something counter-intuitive you can do to enable this.

Go into TV & OneGuide settings and power options and enable "Xbox Turns off my TV". This will enable sending POWER TOGGLE for Xbox On.

However, be aware of 2 things:

1) This will toggle your device power state on Xbox on and off. This means if your device is On when you power on the Xbox, it can turn it off.

2) If you change inputs to use an Xbox 360 or other device on your TV, this may not be the best experience.
  4. LucasSharpman Win User

Xbox One controller not detected after restart

Are you seeing the controller in Settings>Devices?
    Yes, but it is only visible as "Controller". I tried disabling the turn off this device to save power (or similar) settings in the device manager, but it did not help.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

SRX1443368484ID - Redirect \ would like to use XBOX Kinect for medical purposes \ 290518ef-af0b-4ee9-a4a4-2645f5ba2ad1

In the USB Root Hub Power Management options the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option is unflagged.
    Here are the steps:

• Disable the USB selective suspend setting:
      • Click Start, click Control Panel.
      • Click the Hardware and Sound tab.
      • In Devices and Printers click Device Manager.
      • Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers node, and then, for each USB Root Hub node, do the following:
        • Right-click USB Root Hub.
        • Click the Power Management tab, uncheck the ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’ checkbox, and then click OK.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

My computer won't turn back from a black screen.

Hello Mason, I want to confirm, are you not able to bring the Windows troubleshoot menu by following the steps provided in the “From a black or blank screen”?

“ Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

Press the power button again to turn on your device.

On the first sign that Windows has started (for example, some devices show the manufacturer’s logo when restarting) hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

When Windows restarts, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.

Allow your device to restart into Automatic Repair, and select Advanced options to enter winRE.“
Thema:

Device power on/off not working. Turned off and returned on device power control and no...

1. Device power on/off not working. Turned off and returned on device power control and no... - Similar Threads - Device power off

2. Xbox not showing up as a dlna device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not showing up as a dlna device: I cannot find my xbox and connect to it via my android phone as a dlna device for streaming. Share to is enabled, along with device controls. a87227a2-f904-4162-a026-6dbee565dcb1
  3. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744
  4. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...
  5. where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?

in XBoX on Windows
    where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?: Hi I just made a Microsoft Xbox device warranty repair for Xbox controller core 2. And the shipping instructions says, "put service number outside box". But i can't find it in my emails, website,...
  6. Device for repair not showing in MS account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device for repair not showing in MS account?: I sent my Xbox elite controller off for repair last week, trying to get an update having had confirmation it was delivered and the controller is not longer listed on my device list on my MS...
  7. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  8. My Xbox will rarely connect to the WiFi even though every other device connects the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox will rarely connect to the WiFi even though every other device connects the Xbox...: Xbox One s doesn’t connect to WiFi and won’t connect 9/10 times however every other device connects to the network straightaway this has also happened on 3 different networks...
  9. TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.: Today I turned my xbox on. My xbox is indicating it is on and it is working. My controllers can even connect to it but my TV is saying "check device power" even though the xbox and its hdmi cables...
  10. My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...: Xbox One X Samsung Neo Oled Smart TV Yes I have tried doing other hdmi cables and ports Could the problem be with the power supply of the Xbox? I have tried the connecting my switch to the TV...