Device Driver are not installed

Discus and support Device Driver are not installed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently found out in performance monitor that I have a device that is not installed. It is named an Unknown device but the hardware id it as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gael30k, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Gael30k
    Gael30k Guest

Hi, I recently found out in performance monitor that I have a device that is not installed. It is named an Unknown device but the hardware id it as ROOT\NVVHCI. I am unable to update it and updating my graphics driver doesn't fix the issue. Updating windows have no effect either.

Device Driver are not installed [​IMG]

:)

Gael30k, Nov 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gael30k

May I know, what's exactly the issue?

I mean, in what way is this unknown driver affecting your system?

Do you have USB accessories connected to your PC?
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

get a tool called DDU and run this in safe mode, it will completely remove all the nvidia software/drivers, then download the latest and install it.
  4. Irixion Win User

Wireless Controller Won't Connect

Might be improper driver install. Remove the drivers via device manager and then run the uninstaller if Windows didn't do it on its own. Re-install. Make sure you have the right drivers.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My xbox controller is not connecting properly through bluetooth. (Read for more info)

Thanks!

Yes, that's strange, so it seems the controller is working as expected.

Please try reinstalling the driver for both controller and wireless adapter

Step 1

Uninstall the USB driver in Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously;

2. Click on the Device Manager option;

3. Click the arrow that points to USB Controllers;

4. Right-click on the installed device and click uninstall;

5. Restart the computer.

Tip: Also remove everything related to Universal Bus and Composite device.

Step 2

Install the generic driver:

1. Press the Windows + X keys simultaneously;

2. Click on the Device Manager option;

3. Click the arrow that points to USB Controllers;

4. Right-click on the installed device and click Properties;

5. Click on the Driver tab> Update Driver> Search Computer for Driver Software;

6. Click Allow me to choose from a list of device drivers on the Computer;

Select driver versions, install one by one.

Tip: After completing the installation of each driver, restart the system and test it.

**Original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let me know how it goes after that
  6. FrontlineKhan Win User

Xbox controller both 360 and Xbox One error when plugged in (USB device not recongnised)

Hi JoshThrelfall,

You should be able to install any drivers you've downloaded using Device Manager:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Find the Xbox Controller (usually it will be in Input Devices, but it might be under or Other Devices)

Right click on it and selcet "Update Driver Software"

Choose "Browse My Computer For Driver Software"

Select the location that you saved the downloaded driver

Press Next and Windows should install it for you.

After that, reboot your PC.
Thema:

1. Device Driver are not installed - Similar Threads - Device Driver are

2. Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im desperate to know how to fix code 43 on device manager (display adapter): [img] I uninstall reinstall ,update a lot from cmd and from settings, I looked at device manager so I unabled and reinabled, I cant roll back because this was my first one it might be directx or...
  3. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  4. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  5. Microsoft signing me out of all devices for no reason

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft signing me out of all devices for no reason: When I login to my account on the free 14 day trial of xbox gamepass I get a message that says "Signing you out of all devices" after entering information correctly...
  6. accessing xbox live from pc to other device

in XBoX on Windows
    accessing xbox live from pc to other device: i recently broke my laptop and i’m unable so access the screenshots and screen recordings i took using the xbox live feature on my pc so i was wondering if i could access them on any other device...
  7. My Xbox has gone from my devices

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox has gone from my devices: Hiya, I sent my sons Xbox off for repair- it’s 6 weeks old i might add!!! I had an email Update from Microsoft saying device is on way back with a link to my account. I logged on to my account to...
  8. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  9. is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?: unsure on what to do [img] 80d02b12-2584-4a16-9162-895c5101c70a
  10. Missing camera driver in device manager

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing camera driver in device manager: HI im having problems with my camera and its not working. I already tried turning it on manually, troubleshooting it, uninstall/install app, followed some instructions from the internet and its...